- V -

timelord81r

i could of sworn there was a thread for this show but I cant find it now.

so anyone watching the remake of V? ive missed a couple of eps but gotta say im liking it so far. alot of likable actors are in it from other shows aswell.

and I loved the original also

morena-baccarin-v-tv-series-promo-m.jpg42a0e188f5033bc65bf8d78622277c4e.jpg

I've been watching it but I'm finding it extremely average. I don't really care for any of the characters, most are irritating and a lot of the dialogue is very clunky and some of the CGI... I only started watching it for Elizabeth Mitchell and it's the only reason I still am. I'll stay with it to the end of this Season and unless it picks up by then I'll probably drop. Although it's very shallow of me, it does help that Laura Vandervoort is HOT!

Agree with Lambourne (no not just about Liz and Laura!) but it's nowt special.

The first few episodes were good but it's starting to frustrate me now, I keep on expecting it to move up a gear or two but it's just missing a bit of ummph.

The original series was better, yeah it was cheesy with loads of stock footage but the characters were more fun and the technology difference between the visitors and resisitance wasn't so big as it is in the current version which makes me almost incredidulous that they havn't rounded up our heroes yet, especially with all the surveilance they have.

Having familiar actors doesn't work so far on this show (for me at least) I keep on saying, wow, look it's Nic Lea, Alan Tyduk or Mike Trucco rather than watching whats actually going on when a big guest star turns up.

FlashForward was far superior but didn't get a second year. Maybe the networks know what the plans are for the show, so I'll stick with it to see how it develops.

its much better than caprica, but yer V could do with a bit more action but im really enjoying it which is a surprise cos I thought especially after the trailers that I wouldnt. and the kids in this arnt as annoying as in others shows, they are almost adults so hopefully the teenage angst will be kept at a minimum (one of the things i hate about caprica, the teenage angst)

yer flashforward wasnt given a chance really, i liked that also was very much like a more sci fi action version of lost. which is was also a great show.

Im def sticking with V now.

fringe lost me at the mid season break of series 1 (though i will give it another whirl is i see it in bargain bucket dvd)

caprica i think has also lost me at the mid season break.

sparticus blood and sand im yet to watch but i doubt that will hold me as a faithful viewer when i do

24, A2A and lost which i all love have now ended :-(

flashforward was canceled :-(

I like V but it didn't deserve to be renewed over FlashForward. FF had so much more potential and doubt V will make it after the new season.

V needs to pick up a bit of speed and have a bit more reptile action but i am enjoying it, yer flash forward is great, the last episode looks really good, does anyone know if they reshot anything cos they didnt get renewed or is this how it would of gone out when there was gonna be a season 2?

I am watching V, I do like it but like others have said it seems to be lacking something!!!

The original series is a cult classic and I love it (even the cheese!!) I do like the new version but I feel like others have said there is something missing and I find the characters hard to 'bond' with whereas with the original I loved all the characters in it!!

I will stick with it for now as Flash Forward has been cancelled and 24 is ending, Lost has finished but at least I have still got Fringe :)

I like V but it didn't deserve to be renewed over FlashForward. FF had so much more potential and doubt V will make it after the new season.

V needs to pick up a bit of speed and have a bit more reptile action but i am enjoying it, yer flash forward is great, the last episode looks really good, does anyone know if they reshot anything cos they didnt get renewed or is this how it would of gone out when there was gonna be a season 2?

Thinjk the FF cancelation was only announced about three weeks ago, so doubt they would of reshot anything.

The last ep is on Bank Holiday Monday in the UK, so will let you know then what I think.

I didn't think there was anyone in the whole world apart from me that watched V!

Ok so that's an exaggeration :)

I watched the original V when it was new...yes I'm that old! And I loved that so I was interested in what kind of direction a new version would go. I agree it could do with a bit more action because it seems to be taking a more psycological directions to me if you know what I mean.

I was glad to see Nicholas Lea in it, but thought he could have had a meatier role unless there's something more involved for him to do in future episodes.

I'm in for the long haul now, I have to see where this will go!

What? They renewed this over Flash Forward...No way?

• 2 weeks later...

Three episodes left in the UK broadcast schedule and I'm losing patience with the new V.

Some episodes lately make no sense and are full of the mind numbing Ty & Lisa storyline.

Still at least thats a tad more of interest than Chad's journalistic career, yawn.

As good as Morena's performances as Anna have been, it's the storyline, pacing and sheer lack of interest of some of the characters which is making me crave for the 80's show, at least the action was regular and correct me if I'm wrong, but the five 90 minute shows in the 80's covered far more ground than the ten 45 minute episodes we've already seen.

A few good scenes when the V's arrived and a couple of nasty deaths and sinister looks from Morena ain't enough I'm afraid. For all the originals ropey effects, the CGI on the new V ain't that great an improvement.

Wish it would get better, i really want to like this show but each week it just gets worse, will stick with it for the rest of the season just in case it starts to prove me wrong. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if it's cos I was missing the footy so much or just the fact that I watched the final three episodes of the season back to back, but i really enjoyed it, I thought the show finally started to find it's feet in these last three shows.

Favourite scene of the series was in the penultimate episode, the bit with Anna's evil smile as she comforted Lisa in the visitor hosiptal (after she had ordered the attack on her). Awesomely evil!!

Looking forward to season 2.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed the V remake, I would say it is good, rather than great.

Morena Baccarin is excellent as Anna and definetly the star of the show.

It has a good cast, but I don't think they always get the best out of them and I have to agree that some of the storylines are implausible in that if the Visitors technology is so good in certain areas they seem to be easily fooled in other areas.

Still, lets hope a good show can become a great one in Season Two.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ahh ok what im recording is series 1, good, now i can play catch up on the ones I missed, to be honest aside silly mistakes like why dont they take evidence from v;s they kill like when they killed john mays kids girlfriend? that the cgi is over apparent in alot of scenes on the mother ships and take you out of the show a bit and the fact it seems so easy for them to get onto the ships and inflict damage even with the 5th columns help im really liking this series alot. look forward to series 2, has it been canceled after 2 though? ive not got to the finale yet so put spoilers ahead of any posts if poss?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it does seem to be very lazy at times and void of action, also they waste so many opportunities to get V samples to show the world. but then it starts to get interesting, looking forward to series 2 especially now chad decker is starting to see the truth, i really like alot of the characters so maybe that helps. doubt it will last longer than season 2 thought, rumours its been cxl isnt there?

loved they finally did the V for victory, loved that scene

If I recall correctly Kavan Smith mentioned at Chevron on stage that it's cancelled, that's about as much of a confirmation as I've heard.

I was a bit surprised to hear that, it seemed rather popular with US fans.

I'm with reddragon though, I'm really not sure what to make of it either.