Refections from An Old Pro

prendy9160

I have been to all the Autogrpahica shows from the firsst one at Northampton, and would just like to say i do not think there are many better shows than the one i have just attended.

I ha d the VIP pass and went to the recetion on Friday nite which was laid back and a chance to meet the people with there guards down.

On the show days the people were all great and that helps when you have big names over from the pond to attend these shows, but my highlight was the Gala Dinner, i sat next to Leslie and his wife an 2 of there freinds who came with them, and they were great company.

I also would like to say that after the show has finished and all the puntes had gone home i stayed behind and was asked by Dave to drive home Dave Prowse (Darth Vadar ) he lives very close to me.

All i can say is that just added to my fond memories of this show, Dave was great company and told me many storries about him and other actors who he had worked with.

I will also remember that many people see the show in full flow and not what goes on behind the scenes, all the people concerned work bloody hard, so please bare that in mind.

Dave Prowse was great company and a honest and humble man who was great company, on a side note how many people can say that they have had a cup of tea in films greatest villans kitchen, not many i suppose.

I know there is a thread about the show, but i hope this can be kept seperate, just has a footnote, to a person who has been to all of the shows and will continue to attended until they finish.

So i hope they can do there best to bring over the people who you want to meet and greet.

The next show is in September and the planning is already underway for the London event, so my advise has a member of an exclusive club who as attended all of the events savour the moments enjoy all the shows and tell people about the hobby that we all love collecting autographs.

Thanks Paul

:crying::wub::P:P

I agree as well. I've been to every Autographica except the first and this was one of my favourites.

Great show, and all the hard work is really appreciated.

Just getting all these great names together in one place is an achievement in itself!

Roll on the next one (I'm hoping for a return visit from Valentina Tereshkova).

I will also continue to attend every future one.

Theres nowhere else where we can see such a diversity of history makers all together.

And thats very cool about driving Dave home. There's never a Star Destroyer around when he needs one lol. Dave has always been one of my fave guests over the years. I see him and Kenny each year more than some family members lol

It's great that Dave is back doing the shows again after his op last Nov. Lets hope he continues to do shows for many years to come.

I think I am at the other end of the spectrum to most of you guys. This was my first Autographica and I can safely say it will not be my last.

The atmosphere, the location and the calibre of guests were far superior to any event that I have attended in the past, there is definitely a place for Collectormania's and LFCC's but what a refreshing show Autographica is!!!

The guests I met were:-

Nigel Planer - polite and friendly.

Gerry Griffen - a pleasure to meet, intelligent and delightful.

Fred Haise - he blew me away, bright as a button and willing to chat.

I will be the first to admit that I do not have the first idea of the hard work required to organise such a show but I would like to place on record my gratitude to those that make these shows possible.

I have only been collecting for 5 years or so and find the hobby the enjoyable and inspiring - the 'do anything interesting over the weekend' conversation on a Monday morning at work was priceless today, 'Well, actually I met the Apollo XIII LMP, Fred Haise and he signed my copy of the Evening News from April 14th 1970!!!'. Superb!!!

I hope these shows continue to be well supported and the style and mix of guest continues to be so strong.

Roll on the next show and if I may I would like to request Jim Lovell and Gene Kranz.

Thanks,

Jason

I have only been collecting for 5 years or so and find the hobby the enjoyable and inspiring - the 'do anything interesting over the weekend' conversation on a Monday morning at work was priceless today, 'Well, actually I met the Apollo XIII LMP, Fred Haise and he signed my copy of the Evening News from April 14th 1970!!!'. Superb!!!

I hope these shows continue to be well supported and the style and mix of guest continues to be so strong.

Roll on the next show and if I may I would like to request Jim Lovell and Gene Kranz.

Glad you enjoyed your first Autographica Jason. I know exactly what you mean when telling others who we've met. Can't beat meeting real history makers - these people aren't just popular for a short time, they will always be remembered.

I go to all the Showmasters shows and a few others, and while I enjoy them all there is always something extra special about Autographica. A lot of these guests you simply can't see anywhere else. With some of the US guests its the only show outside of the US that they do anywhere in the world.

Jim Lovell has been before to Autographica so theres a good chance he will be back again. It would be nice if he was at the next one so we've had both Apollo 13 surviving legends at shows in this 40th anniversary year.

Now that Gerry Griffin has been (and what a great guest he was, love to see him back again), and Glynn Lunney is a confirmed guest for the next show, maybe we will get the great Gene Kranz at a future show. I'd really like to see that happen. A talk by him would be brilliant. I go to lots of talks around the UK (actors and history makers) but the space talks are very special.

As this was your first show you wouldn't have been there when they used to get Cosmonauts too. They were always great to meet. Amazingly they even had Valentina Tereshkova one year when the show was in Coventry. She was one of my favourite ever guests at any show.

Theres been some mentions on here that they're trying to get Cosmonaut guests again for the next show. I hope that happens and if it does I'd definitely recommend meeting them as well as the US space guests. You won't regret it. I'm sure you'll enjoy all the future Autographicas that you attend.