Hotel Food Options

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

The Hilton Metropole will be running some special catering options as follows on Saturday.

Room: Pavilion Room

Event: 10:00 to 19:30

Food Court-cash sales

10.00-17.00

Tea/coffee @ £1.50

Bottled water @ £1.50

Chocolate bars @ £1.00

Bags of crisps @ 80p

Cans of pop @ £1.00

12.00-14.00

Assorted baguettes @ £3.00

Baked potatoes, selection of fillings @ £4.00

Pizza [vegie alternative available] @ £4.00

Bowl of coleslaw or tomato salad or pasta salad @ £2.00

After 17.00 the cash catering in the Pavillion will close but there is a special offer on Pizza for £6.99 in the hotel Bar.

Thanks

Paul, Jason and Dave

12.00-14.00

After 17.00 the cash catering in the Pavillion will close but there is a special offer on Pizza for £6.99 in the hotel Bar.

Bit late now I know as I wont see any reply before I leave (if there is even any reply now!), but whats on sale between 14:00 and 17:00?

If it closes at 17:00, im presuming there will be something, but not whats listed after 14:00?

10.00-17.00

Tea/coffee @ £1.50

Bottled water @ £1.50

Chocolate bars @ £1.00

Bags of crisps @ 80p

Cans of pop @ £1.00

Oops!

But still then..no actual proper food..no wonder it was empty when I eventually found it!

Half hour searching on 3 floors, then I find out its BEHIND the lifts next to the swimming pool! The electronic boards pointed at the lifts and implied on anther floor! Doh!

The hotel bar do reasonable food - the service isn't massively quick, but they're not hugely overpriced - at least not for a hotel bar.

That said, my Margerita did cost £9.

My friend had a tuna sandwich, a coffee and a bowl of chips from the main bar area by reception..£17.50!!

The Hilton Metropole will be running some special catering options as follows on Saturday.

Room: Pavilion Room

Event: 10:00 to 19:30

Food Court-cash sales

10.00-17.00

12.00-14.00

10.00-17.00

Tea/coffee @ £1.50

Bottled water @ £1.50

Chocolate bars @ £1.00

Bags of crisps @ 80p

Cans of pop @ £1.00

Oops!

But still then..no actual proper food..no wonder it was empty when I eventually found it!

Half hour searching on 3 floors, then I find out its BEHIND the lifts next to the swimming pool! The electronic boards pointed at the lifts and implied on anther floor! Doh!

They had pizzas, jacket potatoes, salads and sandwiches over the lunch period which I would have thought counted as 'proper food'! Maybe it's not Claridges standard but its not like they are under any obligations to provide cheaper food at all.

I went for a walk down to the Holiday Inn or whatever it is last night (in a car it seemed just down the road but walking seemed like a hell of a lot longer!) which has a pub attached to it. Its a lot cheaper in there but by the time I got there it was heaving so I gave up and went back to the Hilton and ate in the bar.

While the food in the bar is expensive at least you do get a good plateful and it was pretty good so I didn't mind paying more for it.

They had pizzas, jacket potatoes, salads and sandwiches over the lunch period which I would have thought counted as 'proper food'!

I was talking about the around 4pm time, when the lunch period stuff had finished! :WINCE:

Who on earth eats proper food at 4pm?! The most any respectable gentleman should be eating at that time of the afternoon is a bit of lightly toasted crumpet. What-ho!

3 Margeritas did a fantastic job of keeping me going!

3 Margeritas sounds great, but what about the food???!

Who on earth eats proper food at 4pm?! The most any respectable gentleman should be eating at that time of the afternoon is a bit of lightly toasted crumpet. What-ho!

3 Margeritas did a fantastic job of keeping me going!

3 Margeritas sounds great, but what about the food???!

Had some Wedges - not too bad

The Pavilion Room closed early today Sun.

I'd checked there earlier - found it thanks to the directions earlier in this thread - and there were only a few in.

Went back later, not sure of exact time but think it was 3ish and it was shut. Spoke to the staff members who were clearing up and they said no one was using it so they shut it early.