How About A Wrestling Con ?

Mrs Cullen

As I've said in another thread I would love to see a con with some wrestler's in. I know of lots of people that would attend for the right kind of guests & there just aren't enough of these kind of events around. I attended another con (which I wont name for obvious reasons) that had a couple of former (at the time) WWE stars and those guys had the biggest queue's in the building !

• 3 weeks later...

There's a joke here, but only two people on this entire forum would get it.

I don't know if it's me, but I don't really see the joke? :)

But I would really like a Wrestling Con. even though I am from Denmark, I am willing to go far away for a Con. of this type! :huh:

It could be AWESOME!

Part of the problem with organising wrestlers for cons is that wrestling isn't like any other area of the entertainment industry. Wrestlers can be amongst the most unreliable people on the planet! You have to have, or have someone on board who has, a REAL understanding of the wrestling industry in order to make something like this even plausible.

As a part of the British Wrestling industry it would be GREAT to see a really successful convention put together where we can use the draw of the imported guests to increase the exposure of our home grown talent, more and more of which are starting to make a name for themselves across the pond. As great as that is, it is a real shame that we can't keep that talent here!!! Over recent years we have lost (or have massively reduced exposure of) about half a dozen of our top big guys!

So, yes, with the right people on board I think that there is massive business in wrestling conventions and it is really something that somebody, somewhere should be looking in to...

Part of the problem with organising wrestlers for cons is that wrestling isn't like any other area of the entertainment industry. Wrestlers can be amongst the most unreliable people on the planet! You have to have, or have someone on board who has, a REAL understanding of the wrestling industry in order to make something like this even plausible.

As a part of the British Wrestling industry it would be GREAT to see a really successful convention put together where we can use the draw of the imported guests to increase the exposure of our home grown talent, more and more of which are starting to make a name for themselves across the pond. As great as that is, it is a real shame that we can't keep that talent here!!! Over recent years we have lost (or have massively reduced exposure of) about half a dozen of our top big guys!

So, yes, with the right people on board I think that there is massive business in wrestling conventions and it is really something that somebody, somewhere should be looking in to...

I agree entirely

I have been to afew wrestling conventions and have been to 3 live shows plus have been a fan of wrestling for past 18 years. I know what to expect from wrestlers and how a wrestling convention would go.

I would happily crew for a wrestling convention if the idea ever came to light.

I am on good terms with a handful of WWF wrestlers/divas who I could mention this convention too and I'm sure would happily negotiate with showmasters for a UK appearance.

WWF?

I assume that you mean WWE?

And you will be lucky to get the WWE to allow their current talent to do wrestling conventions when they are on the road so many days of the year, and woudl not risk having their talent stranded abroad if the volcano keeps active as it is now.

WWF?

I assume that you mean WWE?

And you will be lucky to get the WWE to allow their current talent to do wrestling conventions when they are on the road so many days of the year, and woudl not risk having their talent stranded abroad if the volcano keeps active as it is now.

No, I mean WWF as the friends I know worked in the WWF not for the faction as it is now known WWE.

Showmasters would be better off booking WWF era talent than WWE era talent due to hard contractual obligations and WWE wanting a piece of all earnings there contractual talent makes.

Mickie/Maria are perfect examples of divas available for signings and partially left WWE due to payment issues on outside work projects.

A contact of mine in the U.S ( who supplies my wrestling ebay shop ) has mickie james scheduled for autograph signings in late June for two days so mickie is definately available at the moment for bookings.

There are many divas available for signings but from past experience - WWF era talent draw in a surprising amount of fans wanting autographs. Many are not contracted to any BIG brand company and will have less hassle to sign for conventions. Guys like Rowdy Roddy Piper/Million Dollar Man/AX & Smash Demolition.

Numerous names are all available depending on schedules of work commitments on non wrestling projects.

Jason won't answer my email :thumbup:

CM Glasgow had Drew Galloway-McIntyre and there was interest shown in having someone else. I've got a cracker lined up for the next CMG but it needs to be arranged months in advance and as such, by the time I do get a response it may just be too late.

A wrestler or two in a line up would benefit SM far more than risking a Con right now. Especially as there have been recent annoyances in wrestling cons.

• Moderators

I'd certainly be wary of attending a wrestling con after all the troubles elsewhere, not that those should be an issue here.

I've really enjoyed meeting the ones we've had in the past - RVD, Test etc - and it was a shame I had to miss Drew. So for the right person I'd definitely be tempted to travel anywhere. I much prefer meeting them at events like these than shop signings which are just a pain in the spam really.

True - the wrestling cons tend to be run by overambitious or dishonest people. Or that's the impression gained from feedback.

Shop signings for anyone can be a nightmare. Which is irritating as they are the most frequently done thing.

Book Iron Shiek and I'd be in.

From the golden era only Shiek and Roddy Piper would be my picks, possibly add Dusty Rhodes and Terry Funk to that. Though from the later era, Raven is always good for entertainment value in a Q&A, Paul Heyman can make anything sound brilliant and theres a few others that'd be great entertainment.

From more recent times, Fergal Devitt from NJPW (turned down WWE) is ama... wait for it... zing. Plus Bubba Ray Dudley is an amazing talker, one of the best of todays era and the Paul London/Spanky combo seem a bit like a Judd Apatow movie but would definately be one for the ladies.

Also - it'd be interesting to book Scott Hall, Jeff Hardy or Jake Roberts to see if they arrive sober.

If Trish Stratus appeared my Husband would be first in the queue! He has had a crush on Trish for such a long time and if he had his way would camp out all night to meet her.

Personally I dont see the fascination, but heyho, could just be me slightly jealous. LOL! :D