Dates for Autographica 16

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We just wanted to give you all a heads up in terms of the dates of the next show to give everybody time to plan ahead.

We are really pleased to announce our return to London and at a brand new venue for Autographica.

Autographica 16 will take place over the weekend of 24th - 26th September 2010 at the Thistle London, Heathrow, Hotel.

We are already working on some great guests for this show and have also secured a great deal with the hotel.

PLEASE do not book direct with the hotel, we will announce booking codes here very soon which is the only way to secure the special room rate we have negotiated,

We look forward to seeing you in Birmingham in May and London in September

Dave, Jason and Paul

thats what i like to hear, more london events, which thistle? I worked for 10 years with thistle lol

first request, sharpe reunion please

before you get too excited, it is the same weekend as the Autumn Invasion

thats what i like to hear, more london events, which thistle? I worked for 10 years with thistle lol

first request, sharpe reunion please

before you get too excited, it is the same weekend as the Autumn Invasion

thats ok, very much doubt ill be at the autumn one, but I am going to the spring one, excellent line up so far

then again september will be busy at work, might not get to any, my boss is getting a little annoyed at me asking for loads of weekends off, all the cons im going to plus just recently started dating someone whos currently only free on weekends, ive gone from no problem ill do the weekend man to can i have this weekend and that weekend off man lol, will have to wait till nearer the time

Edited by timelord81r

Hi,

That's actually a shame for me as London isnt as easy to get to compared with a Midlands based event, but I can see why London appeals to others.

Does this mean that all autographica's will be going to London, or will there be a Birmingham and London version each year as in the past?

Best of luck with the organising.

Nick

Hello Dave,Jason and Paul,

thanks for the good news.

It´s great,that the venue of Autographica in September will be in London.

I prefer London,because of the better flight connection from Stuttgart to Heathrow as to Birmingham.

So I`m looking forward to this show.Next time,I will send my first guest suggestions.

Best from Germany,

Helmut

• Showmasters Admin

Hoping there will be a Brum and a London one each year. Hopefully having a London event may continue to bring in more big names.

The intention is always to have one Birmingham and one London show each year, it just sometimes depends on venue availability

Cheers

Paul

Thats fair, one in London and one in Birmingham.

I notice the Thistle Hotel is further west than the Raddisson - wht bus and tube links are there for London?

On a personal note I got to like the Raddisson, I guess the Thistle is the same quality?

One last thought, there was a free shuttle bus to the nearest underground when at the Raddisson - is there the same service from the Thistle?

Regards all

von Dawson's Express

Hoping there will be a Brum and a London one each year. Hopefully having a London event may continue to bring in more big names.

The intention is always to have one Birmingham and one London show each year, it just sometimes depends on venue availability

Cheers

Paul

I suppose that is better than both in Heathrow, that's for sure. My flight from Scotland to Birmingham is always around £0.04 before tax. There is no such thing as a cheap flight to Heathrow.

I suppose that is better than both in Heathrow, that's for sure. My flight from Scotland to Birmingham is always around £0.04 before tax. There is no such thing as a cheap flight to Heathrow.

I have to agree with Aileen on this one.

Flights from Dublin to Birmingham are FAR cheaper than from Dublin to Heathrow. Unfortunately the higher flights costs are bound to make me cut back on my spending at the show.

The more shows in Birmingham the better! :P

• 2 weeks later...

:D Good to hear an event is going to held in London Again!! I don't mind Birmingham but it's

nice to have an event nearer London every now and again.

Any chance of any Cosmonauts we haven't had before as well as the astronauts

Edited by steveb

Autographica actually has a Northern event - it's two shows a year and one is in Birmingham. But as you can see from the posts here, this show has a lot of international fans coming in. And for them coming to Birmingham is about as hard as it is to come for London for others.

There's other reasons for one show in Birmingham and one in London, but it is also an attempt to make the travelling situation more even for everyone.

I'll copy what TooTall posted in the Manchester section when someone asked about Collectormania Manchester. I think that answers your question best.

I can assure you it's not been completely written off. It is still on the table and it may well come back.

With the economy as it has been over the last year or so you have to appreciate that SM have not wanted to run events that from the start they know are likely to loss them money and that they are sticking to the tried and tested areas.

Yes we've had Copenhagen which is a new join venue with some Danish friends of the SM shows.

But on the whole it's been, batten down the hatches and make sure SM as a company comes out of the recession in tact.

With the recession looking like it's ending, it's more likely that SM will consider a northern event at a more affordable venue. I know it's something they still want to do and it's certainly never been completely written off.

The thing that people will need to understand is that to start with any northern show will not likely to be as big as Manchester was. If it's done at all, it's going to need to start small and grow over time.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

From terminal 5, the 350 local bus stops nearby and the 423 goes past the hotel. From central bus station take any local bus out of the airport, cross the road and take the 423 towards Terminal 5. All local buses in and out of the airport are free, you do not pay to get in and out and around the airport. Do not take the 81 or the 222 as they do not qualify for free travel.

Edited by CurlyKirsty

• 1 month later...

It really sucks that everything is happening in overpriced London which takes ages to get to, why can't we have more up here in the Manchester area please?

couldn't agree more. Allmost everything is done in london. Since when has Birmingham been in the North! I thought Manchester was north and the Royal Mail have Birmingham down as Midlands! As for overseas visitors finding it easier to get into london, i do believe Birmingham has an International airport with flights each day from every european country ( and a few others). And the hotel is just a few minutes walk away. Lol!

I understand the reasons for having events at different locations, but please, let's all be realisitc. There is no way that Birmingham is or ever has been in the north!!

Edited by Nick