announcing a Tribute to Star Wars A New Hope

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

announcing a Tribute to Star Wars A New Hope

as we are celebrating 30 years of the Empire Strikes Back at LFCC this year and as we did not get the chance to really celebrate 30 years of Star Wars on its anniversary we feel that we should do something this year as the men involved in making this amazing film are not getting any younger and we want to give the Star wars fans out there a chance to meet the rare unusual british guests , so if you want to meet the guys that were stormtroopers and other supporting guest from the 1st film this will be your chance .

we are also planing on offering a limited print for the stormtroopers to sign this will only be available at this show and there will be a discount available for those of you wanting to get all the stomtroopers on this peace and for those of you that cannot get to the show on each day we can get it signed for you and sent to you as a pre order , this is shore to be a very rare and collectable item .

much more info and images on this nearer the time :dance: and its a great piece from the Kurz/Joiner archive

this is something i wanted to do this year as a big Star wars fan this will not take away the variety of the guest at this years event as these guest will be on top of the guest we are planning on having at this years event .

so we will see you at this years event :whistling:

jason

Like the idea of the Stormtrooper print. Will have to get one of those!

wow

any chance of hamil and fisher? ;-)

I live in hope and delusion lol

Solo "everyone gets delusions of grandeur"

i love that scene in jedi, im out of it for a little while lol

I should be annoyed as I'm not doing the event, but in actual fact since it's close enough to overkill (and would be pricy for me) I can live with out it.

All I can say is phew - had they all been at the LFCC it would have cost me a fortune! :D

Are there people out there who want to meet every single person that had anything to do with the making of a Star Wars film? They must be spending loads on getting posters signed,.

There are...I'm not one of them but they are out there.

For an isolated Stormtrooper piece though It's ideal and a very welcome gesture. I'm presently part of a very small private signing on a Stormtrooper piece and a lot of work has been put into this so it's great that that work can bear fruit with the mighty SM Juggernaut getting them all in one place for UK fans and poster fans to get them all.

I for one will no doubt be getting the Kurtz/Joiner piece and probably my SW 'Tart' (she'll take anyone) poster signed.

Ch-Ching!!!!!!

Are there people out there who want to meet every single person that had anything to do with the making of a Star Wars film? They must be spending loads on getting posters signed,.

I'm one of those people!

I am in the process of getting a rare banner poster (about 3 metres long!!!) signed by anyone who has anything to do with Star Wars - that includes novels, games, cartoons, EVERYTHING, not just the movies. So this annoucement has both made my day; and at the same time has me recoiling in horror at the sudden increase in money needed for the event!

I've resisted the urge to get the "bit parters" to sign my poster so far and only gettting the "main" characters or popular characters (ie bounty hunters etc) but I've not got a sig on it for a few years (since Mark Hamil and Rick McCallum) so it probably needs some more.

It would depend on the price though - when I first started collecting Jeremy Bulloch and Kenny baker were £3 each!!!

Oh I've got lesser names than that in my collection, it they were within reach I'd get them. But the event's not in reach so I don't mind on this occasion.

But I do find it slightly odd when the Empire celebration is looking frankly a bit lacklustre, the same organisers put so much effort into a different event. C16 will be hard to top, the night is still young though.

Kid's stuff! You try tracking down all the extras in Ghandi! (Not to mention finding a poster large enough for them to all sign) :D

Any star wars guest is great! Would be great to see Drewe Henley, Angus MacInnes, Richard Le Parmentier, Paul Blake, Maria de Aragon and Jack Klaff would be nice :)

Edited by Sauron

Is Drewe Henley still alive??

I know he's been ill for many years, and was running a B&B with his wife in Devon. He used to get involved in the Star Wars charity conventions in Devon, although I don't think there's been one of those for a few years now.

I know he's been ill for many years, and was running a B&B with his wife in Devon. He used to get involved in the Star Wars charity conventions in Devon, although I don't think there's been one of those for a few years now.

There hasn't even been an event since dear old Michael Sheard sadly died, they lost heart a bit after that, as he was honorary president. But even then Drewe hasn't done a Devon event in the last decade.

There hasn't even been an event since dear old Michael Sheard sadly died, they lost heart a bit after that, as he was honorary president. But even then Drewe hasn't done a Devon event in the last decade.

Those events were my first ever "cons" - I met Drewe at one along with Michael Sheard, Warwick Davies and Jeremy Bulloch.

Those events were my first ever "cons" - I met Drewe at one along with Michael Sheard, Warwick Davies and Jeremy Bulloch.

I think after Denis Lawson, Drewe Henley is my #1 most wanted guest for a show (only considering people who would actually do it aka not Ford, etc.). Considering Kershner and Harryhausen have made appearances, I would love to see Henley follow suit with a one-day appearance. Stuart and Kay Freeborn would be amazing too but I think he's in worse health than Drewe.