Star Wars concert

Myself205

Anyone going to the O2 concert

needs to read this!

http://www.theo2.co.uk/images/PDF/misc/sta...20100403-04.pdf

Transport problems ;)

also the back of my ticket says "the use of cameras, video and/or sound equipment is prohibited and such items may be confiscated" :D

still going to be fantastic though :(:P;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks,

I have just got off the phone from the O2 regarding the Saturday Matinee. It is a small turn out with only about 3,000 tickets sold. Capacity is five times that!

Anyone who has not yet got tickets phone now. They can't claim it has been too busy!

Just a heads up :D

Also because of the problems with the travel I was told the show has been shortned to 2hrs 20mins - including intermission.

The exhibition is in the arena and you cannot get access till 1.30pm.

This means you only have an hour and a half to get round before the show.

Hope that helps plan you day.

Ok folks,

I have just got off the phone from the O2 regarding the Saturday Matinee. It is a small turn out with only about 3,000 tickets sold. Capacity is five times that!

Anyone who has not yet got tickets phone now. They can't claim it has been too busy!

Just a heads up :blink:

Also because of the problems with the travel I was told the show has been shortned to 2hrs 20mins - including intermission.

Hope that helps plan you day.

thanks for all of these info. Do you know if they have sold more tickets for the evening performances?

How long should be the show?

I just hope getting there won't be difficult. What do you reckon would be the easiest ?

thanks for the info. I'm going on the saturday matinee and still haven't received my tickets!
Have you got your tickets yet?

Only an hour and a half...how large is the exhibition?

Dude, I forgot you were going today! I don't recall seeing a " I :blush: Eliza" t-shirt

Totally agree, that was indeed an awesome show. Hearing the music performed live is something worth experiencing. Initially I thought the programme was a tad expensive at £20, but after getting it I think it was worth the cost. Also snapped up a black cap, and concert t-shirt. Oh and one of those lightsaber lanyards. The ones that are for probably kids really :WINCE:

The exhibition was good but there were not as many displays as I was expecting. I thought they may have had a few more props, or some models.

Will stick up some photos later.

I left that shirt at home :thumbup:

great show, liked the exhibition before

only downer was the merchandise - all the feel of normal music concert wear (t-shirts and caps) and very expensive - £20 for programme, £5 for plastic keyring and £8 for magnet

I left that shirt at home :wub:
:(

Both the exhibition and concert were great. Did you ever visit the exhition that was in London for a while back in 2007? Blimey the website is still up and running http://www.starwars-theexhibition.com/index.html

I just thought it would be more like that. Not as large as that, obviously but I imagined more props, artwork etc.

I had really high expectations for this (not usually a good idea!)

Totally lived up to its billing! :WAVE:

I had just the best day! :YAHOO:

I am still wearing a soppy grin and humming tunes! :YAHOO:

:vader::smile::vader:

Edited by IG69

So, my opinion :D

I really enjoyed the concert, that was great.

I was dispointed with the exhibition, I was expecting more stuff. Plus, it looks like I missed some dsiplay after seeing some pics here :-(

Merch: £20 for a programme, bad!!! didn't buy one!

the seats: have to turn my head on the side to be able to see the stage (that was my 1st time at the O2).

Great concert, I had a very good time

I was dispointed with the exhibition, I was expecting more stuff. Plus, it looks like I missed some dsiplay after seeing some pics here :-(

I have added more pictures in the photo thread in case you missed any of these as well. This should be everything that was on display at Birmingham.

I have added more pictures in the photo thread in case you missed any of these as well. This should be everything that was on display at Birmingham.

Well this is a little late a reply but I went straight on holiday after the show at the O2.

I was at the Saturday Matinee was totally fantastic. I am an original 77 fan and now knocking on the big 40 this year!

Hearing the fanfare at the start of the performance brought a tear to my eye.

I was lucky I managed to get my ticket upgraded from stand 412 to A3 (four rows from the front).

I was disappointed by the exhibition at the O2 - It took a while to get round but managed to get a few pics.

The program had gone up from £15 last year to £20 this year. (friend went last year!)

But all in all a day that will be long remembered B):D;)