HALLOWHEDON 2 - 29th 31st Oct 2010

Davey

What is this people are talking about group photos of guest for silver pass?

Ok just reread it properly and i didn't get one either. I didn't hear them tell us that we had to pick up the group shots. Oh, im annoyed now ^_^

I know, me too :/

Any word on if we can still get them Showmasters?? I don't think it was announced properly judging by how many people did not get the message...

Hi - it was announced clearly that they could be picked up from the registration desk after the closing ceremony, I was quite surprised at how many people didn't make the mad dash for it, but then it was quite a tiring weekend so not surprising that so many peeps missed it.

yeah but I didn't know I was entitled to it. It would have been better if they had said something like 'All gold and silver pass holders can now pick up their complimentary group shot from x location' but what i think they said was, 'the group shots are now ready' which I presumed meant the ones the gold pass holder got with all cast members and them in it. :/

Ah right, I was one of those really sad people who highlighted all the goodies on a printout of what the gold/silver/standard ticket holders should receive. I got to a point where I thought they weren't even going to be produced, not that I would have complained cos I am a real chicken when it comes to stuff like complaining. I can see how it got confusing. :thumbup:

Anyone know what happens if you didn't get to pick up a photo that you'd had taken with a guest because they were put away before we had a chance to collect them ??

I went back on sunday, late afternoon to collect my photo op of me and Mark Lutz to find they had been cleared away for the party, I then went along monday morning, but everyone had gone by then.

As I had the photo done it would be a shame not to receive it.

Yes, I'm another one who didn't get the group photo of the five guests on their own, and had taken the 'group shots are now ready' announcement to mean those with fans in as well. Can ME / Too Tall let us know if we these photos will be sent to us?

Just bought Gold tickets for next year (yay!), but very sad that there doesn't seem to be a group photo scheduled for 2010 (it was my favourite photo this year). Perhaps ME will reconsider and include a group shot with individual gold members - it only took an hour and nothing else was happening then, so don't see why ME would want to get rid of this anyway. If it isn't included, may I ask if anything is going to be added to the Gold package to compensate for this (the price of Gold tickets hasn't gone down despite the removal of the group photo...).

Also hoping that you manage to sort out a better system for the Gold drinks reception so that people don't hog the guests and everyone can at least say hello (talking round tables would be much better - perhaps you can use the Dealers room too?) and have some different formats for the talks, rather than just the same random Q/A approach for two whole days.

Would be nice if Elisa Dushku and Joss were there too!

Just bought Gold tickets for next year (yay!), but very sad that there doesn't seem to be a group photo scheduled for 2010 (it was my favourite photo this year). Perhaps ME will reconsider and include a group shot with individual gold members - it only took an hour and nothing else was happening then, so don't see why ME would want to get rid of this anyway. If it isn't included, may I ask if anything is going to be added to the Gold package to compensate for this (the price of Gold tickets hasn't gone down despite the removal of the group photo...).

i've got my gold ticket for next year too. i'm also hoping the decision to get rid of group shots with fans will be reconsidered, or that (like you suggested) something else is added to make up for it! despite this i can't wait til next halloween!

how awesome would it be if they could get joss?!?! :D

i've got my gold ticket for next year too. i'm also hoping the decision to get rid of group shots with fans will be reconsidered, or that (like you suggested) something else is added to make up for it! despite this i can't wait til next halloween!

how awesome would it be if they could get joss?!?! :lol:

Disclaimer: This is just my understanding of the situation, not an official statement.

The group photo with guests and attendee in the picture was first tried at the first three day convention ME/SM organized, The Hub, in October 2008. There they noticed that it took way too much organizing and getting all the guests to the same place at the same time took quite a lot of effort and disrupted other activities. Therefore, they decided that they wouldn't do it in any further events. However, they had already started selling tickets for Hallowhedon at that time and the group photo shoot was mentioned for Gold Pass holders. They couldn't take it away from there anymore but decided that it wouldn't be done in other events.

In other ME/SM events I've attended there's usually four panels on Saturday afternoon, three with individual or a few guests and then a panel with all the guests. The same way Sunday afternoon was. However, due to the group photo shoot the panel with all the guests was dropped from Saturday and only organized on Sunday. We sort of missed one panel due to the group shoot.

As what comes to getting something to replace it, I doubt there will be anything. The tickets for the Torchwood conventions had remained the same (or actually went up £20 from the first one to the second one) even if the group photo shoot was only in the first event. Nothing extra was introduced to replace the group photo shoot. However, we can of course always hope :D

Thanks for the info about the group photo shoot, piksa. However, if part of the problem is getting all the guests in the same place at the same time, surely that would still be the case if they included a panel discussion at that time instead of the group photo shoot... so doesn't seem a very valid reason from the organisers. (But perhaps they're not planning to replace it with a group panel discussion now anyway?).

Personally I'd prefer the group photo to yet another Q/A panel discussion, but appreciate that people who don't have gold passes might not think the same. Perhaps Too tall or someone from ME can comment.

Also, now that Dollhouse has very sadly been cancelled, perhaps Joss will be free to come to Hallowhedon 2! Perhaps we can get a petition going?

Thanks for the info about the group photo shoot, piksa. However, if part of the problem is getting all the guests in the same place at the same time, surely that would still be the case if they included a panel discussion at that time instead of the group photo shoot... so doesn't seem a very valid reason from the organisers. (But perhaps they're not planning to replace it with a group panel discussion now anyway?).

Personally I'd prefer the group photo to yet another Q/A panel discussion, but appreciate that people who don't have gold passes might not think the same. Perhaps Too tall or someone from ME can comment.

Also, now that Dollhouse has very sadly been cancelled, perhaps Joss will be free to come to Hallowhedon 2! Perhaps we can get a petition going?

The group panel has usually been at the end of the day, the same way it was at Hallowhedon on Sunday, while the group shot was organized early in the afternoon.

But as said, I don't know what the reality is. Just repeating some things I think I've read somewhere after the first Hub. I've had Gold ticket in all the four events I've attended. I actually prefer the panels to the photos since my photos are usually quite horrible :D

• Moderators

I reckon it's mostly because it does tie up all the guests and leaves the standard and silver ticket holders with nothing to do for an hour or more - the group panel still ties up all the guests but doesn't leave anyone sitting around for an extra hour after lunch doing nothing.