Hallowhedon feedback thread

TRUKid

The Good

. The crew - you guys were lovely, well manored, willing to help and so very organised.

. the party's - SOOO much fun, i didnt even have to be drunk to have the best time ever

. The guests - i dont think we cud of asked for a better bunch, they totaly rocked

. To be honest, i dont have much bad to say... The weekend was AMAZING, one of my best So far :D i really cant waity for hallowhedon 2.

The Bad.

. I just have two point, a friend of mine had somthing HORRIBLE wrote on the back of one of her photoshoots and i know this isnt SMfault but for it to happen, have the chande to happen is disgusting, and the person who did it.. your lucky i didnt find out u were! lol.

BUT i wanna say a BIG thank you to Becky, Malcom (photographer), and roxy.. you guys handled it amazingly and the way you sorted it out was fantastic, both me and my friend are eally greatful, thank you so much!

. Have some videos or some acitivitys during the day going on wen singing and photoshoots are happening, that way if u dont have any of them to do u can go do somthign else while your waiting, it does get a little borring siting around.

Edited by Sazzzy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An awesum w-e. I honestly feel totally deflated when a con is over cos i have to get back to reality. A HUGE amount of kudos to James Marsters for turning up. The guy was in soo much pain it would have been easy for him to say sod it and not bother.

I've met Mercedes 3 times now and she is naturally very quiet and i think a little overwhelmed. She was much better and more relaxed at the guest encounter.

As previously mentioned, there should have been alot more to do during the day. At others cons, they have shown episodes of Chuck, Dollhouse etc. It was nice to just go somewhere else and just sit and chill and talk to other people.

I actually had no problem with the Thistle. Go with low expectancy and you don't get disappointed. It had a comfy bed and running hot water. Nuff for me.

All the crew were amazing. I see the same people at Collectormania and LFCC and they seem alot more stressed at those events.

Everyone from the guests, crew and attendee's were superb. Thanks for making it a wicked time.

Got my Gold tkt for Hallowhedon 2. That makes 5 w-e cons already for next year, aswell as the aforementioned Collectormania's and LFCC. Hope my euromillion nbrs come up soon.

Edit Note: We don't allow discussion of other events on here, sorry.

Edited by DavidB

THE GOOD

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. IT WAS MY FIRST CONVENTION AND I WASN'T DISAPPOINTED. MY 11 YEAR OLD SON ACTUALLY CRIED TEARS ON SUNDAY BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO GO HOME.

THANKS TO THE MINDERS AT THE DRINKS RECEPTION FOR REALISING THAT MY SON COULDN'T EVEN SEE THE GUESTS AS WE WERE PUSHED TO THE BACK AND AS HE IS SO SHY, REFUSED TO PUSH HIS WAY BACK IN AGAIN.

JAMES M YOU ARE AMAZING WITH THE KIDS AND THANKS FOR DOING THE WEEKEND EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE CLEARLY SUFFERING. YOU MUST BE GLAD IT'S OVER.

WAS SO EXCITED TO SIT NEXT TO NICK FOR NEARLY AN HOUR I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I WAS SPEECHLESS BUT I WASN'T, I COULDN'T SHUT UP. LOL. NO-ONE IN THAT ROOM WOULD BELIEVE THAT I AM USUALLY HORRIFICALLY SHY. IT JUST SHOWS HOW COMFORTABLE HE MADE US FEEL EVEN THOUGH HE ADMITTED THAT THE GUEST ENCOUNTERS WERE REALLY NERVE RACKING FOR HIM.

NO PROBLEMS WITH THE HOTEL THE ROOM WAS CLEAN AND THE BEDS WERE REALLY COMFORTABLE.

THE BAD

WHEN THE BIDDING LISTS FOR THE GUEST ENCOUNTERS WERE TAKEN DOWN NO-ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ADD TO THE LIST, BUT ON THE EARLY ENCOUNTER WITH NICK ON SUNDAY SOME GIRLS RAN OVER AND ASKED TO ADD TO THE LIST. MY HUSBAND MY SON AND MYSELF MISSED OUT ON THAT ENCOUNTER BECAUSE OF THIS. MY HUSBAND DIDN'T GET TO GO TO AN ENCOUNTER BECAUSE AT THE LATER ONE I HAD TO PAY 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT TO HAVE A WINNING BID. SOOOOOOO NOT FAIR. IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE A FAIR BID THEN DO IT, DON'T SNIPE IN AT THE END. NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS MADE ME REALLY ANGRY. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN SM. LIST COMES DOWN, ALL BIDDING OVER.

OTHERWISE HAD AN AMAZING TIME. CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR. THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN MAKING THE EVENT HAPPEN.

AND HI TO HEATHER FROM BOSTON. WE REALLY ENJOYED YOUR COMPANY OVER THE WEEKEND. YOU ARE FAB AND I'LL E-MAIL SOON :) :) :)

Alot of people have mentioned the Gold Party meet and greet, and saying how bad it was. I have bought a Gold Pass for Hallowhedon 2 so am hoping it will be alot better having had to get a Silver this time as i booked too late.

By what people have said, it sound totally unfair that the same attendee's hogged the guests all the time.

Everyone who attended the party paid the same amount of money and were entitled to meet all the guests and hear what they said.

I'm going to use a swear word again for ME devotees and mention *another event*. I was at the **** convention this year and had a Gold Pass. The meet and greet took place in a very quiet room and everyone sat at round tables. 9 seats per table. 8 for the Gold Pass holders and 1 for the guest. This meant that it was the guests who were moved from table to table by their minders and we sat there and chatted among ourselves while waiting for the next guest to be brought to us. This was much more relaxed and civilised and ensured that there were no groupies following the guests around the room. The guests all had a time limit per table, but this was to make sure that they met everyone. Once that happened then they just went wherever which was totally fine as everyone in that room had had the chance to talk to the guest, shake hands etc.

Alot of people who attend ME cons hate *other events* and vice versa. I don't care who runs the con as long as the guest list is awesum and it is well run.

I feel that both can learn from each other and take the others good and bad points on board. That way, everyone's a winner.

Edited again. Do not mention other events on this forum please.

Hi everyone

I must say a Very big thanks to Showmasters for a wonderful event and the help all the crew gave us ,

we are very grateful to them for the way they let us cut in the photo queues with the wheelchair and also to the people in line that let us do that ,

everyone was so kind and helpful to us at the hotel as well , even though they haven't got wheelchair friendly rooms :angry:

we are James Marsters fans (he was wonderful as always a great trouper even in pain)

the other guests were ok as well poor Mersadies overwhelmed with all the guys I think there should have been another woman guest to help her interact more

and at the Gold reception we got there late ( because of the wheelchair lift ) the helpers and James Marsters made a special effort to see us :thumbup:

thanks again Showmasters for a great Weekend :D

Think my highlight was a lovely lady teaching me and Sarah the correct dance moves to the Dr Who song, so thank you for that!

Laughed so hard dressed as a zombie dancing to Star Treking too, think thats going on my spotify list now!

If the lady in question was short, darkish blonde, roughly spherical and wearing a black suit, then it was me, my name's Jay, and you're very welcome! Most of the con dances look harder than they actually are (although I'm still trying to figure out Swamp Thing...)

See you next time! :thumbup:

Hi Jay!!!!

Thank you very much, you've got some good moves on you lady, see you next year for some more tips!!! :D

Good points: Everything except the Thistle

Bad points: I also experienced a woman in a wheelchair who was stuck in a stair lift that broke down. The staff just shrugged and said there was nothing they could do, so she had to climb out under the bar using her arms. That was DISGUSTING. But then again, I knew in advance that the Thistle is a total s*** hole so I knew well enough not to stay there.

That was my mum and yes I'll agree there attitude was digusting, I did lose it a bit with them.

Other than the Thistle staff the weekend was fantastic and the crew all deserve medals!

Major thanks to Roxy for bringing Nick to our small lil group on the side so we got to have a convo.

Anytime Nat ;) Wanted everyone to get a chance to meet him him in the time available and he was brilliant with that bless him. Glad you got it!

I must point out that Nicks and James L's crew member were so amazing, saw that we were being pushed out and got Nick & James to come to us, shake our hands, say hello just so we got something.

Bless you, I'm glad you did too like I said above...and it was a total pleasure, Nick was amazing all round.

Also, I noticed that attendees was moving from group to group to follow particular guests. I felt that was incredibly unfair as I thought it stated in the rules that you were to stay in your groups and the guests would come to you. Nobody seemed to be taking this on board and was moving freely around the room, making large groups even larger and making it more difficult for the people at the back to get a look in.

I did notice that and it was pointed out and dealt with with a couple of people...but happily it was in the minority. :wub:

Had a slight hiccup when it came to pre ordered auto tickets. They werent given to us in our reg packs, we got photo tix instead, being our first con we didnt realise the mistake until sunday which is when our signings were, went to sort it out at the ticket desk and eventually got it sorted.

Remember this really well too, Sunday afternoon at the reg desk! Great to hear it was all sorted in the end and you got everything you needed, think everyone was slightly confused at one point lol :D

BUT i wanna say a BIG thank you to Becky, Malcom (photographer), and roxy.. you guys handled it amazingly and the way you sorted it out was fantastic, both me and my friend are eally greatful, thank you so much!

Aw Sazzzy......hope she's feeling much better now and in fact totally put that craziness behind her, especially with Malcolm's special bits and bobs lol :D you guys being there and Becky's on the case-ness! :D

Edited by roxy

Major thanks to Roxy for bringing Nick to our small lil group on the side so we got to have a convo.

Anytime Nat ;) Wanted everyone to get a chance to meet him him in the time available and he was brilliant with that bless him. Glad you got it!

I must point out that Nicks and James L's crew member were so amazing, saw that we were being pushed out and got Nick & James to come to us, shake our hands, say hello just so we got something.

Bless you, I'm glad you did too like I said above...and it was a total pleasure, Nick was amazing all round.

Also, I noticed that attendees was moving from group to group to follow particular guests. I felt that was incredibly unfair as I thought it stated in the rules that you were to stay in your groups and the guests would come to you. Nobody seemed to be taking this on board and was moving freely around the room, making large groups even larger and making it more difficult for the people at the back to get a look in.

I did notice that and it was pointed out and dealt with with a couple of people...but happily it was in the minority. :wub:

Had a slight hiccup when it came to pre ordered auto tickets. They werent given to us in our reg packs, we got photo tix instead, being our first con we didnt realise the mistake until sunday which is when our signings were, went to sort it out at the ticket desk and eventually got it sorted.

Remember this really well too, Sunday afternoon at the reg desk! Great to hear it was all sorted in the end and you got everything you needed, think everyone was slightly confused at one point lol :D

Aw Sazzzy......hope she's feeling much better now and in fact totally put that craziness behind her, especially with Malcolm's special bits and bobs lol :D you guys being there and Becky's on the case-ness! :D

she is, and deffently considering coming to hallowhedon 2 so its good!

and pssst roxy you deserve loads of praise your always an absolute star to me and everyone at every event.

okay so here goes

I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone on here who answered my questions about how cons work in the lead up to the event. i was rather nervous and you were all a big help.

good points:

free wine!!! woop woop!

the crew were great. special thank you to the lady (sorry i didnt get your name) working with james leary at the wine reception. i was very shy and a bit overwhelmed by things but she was great and noticed who in our group was putting themselves forward and those of us who were too shy and needed a little help and made sure everyone got to say hi and shake hands with him etc.

the guests were all brilliant!!!!! if i get started on the details i will be here all night but brilliant, brilliant brilliant!!!

i thought the photographers were great for checking the photos before sending people away. I was particuarly glad of this during my photoshoot with james M cos the guy took the photo and then said he had to take it again cos i looked terrified lol made everyone laugh. love my photos cos of the daft expression i have on my face in all of them. really captured the slightly nervous/bit overwhelmed/surealness/happy newbie way i was feeling :)

the talks were great fun, i got some of my questions asked and answered :D i laughed soooooo much!!!!

Screening of victor was great!!!

met some great people

BAD POINTS:

not much to say here really. personally didnt have a problem with the thistle. drinks were a little expensive but that was to be expected. the tea/coffee bar set up during the day was much appreciated and the staff running it were very polite and pleasant to me at least. the tea even tasted ok! snacks over priced but again was to be expected and with the garage down the road we had a cheaper option if we wanted it.

the only thing that kind of bugged me was all the people saving seats for their friends in later groups for the talks. my friends and i were in slightly different groups but we respected the rules and sat seperately and it kind of made me feel like we were getting a bad deal because we did what we were supposed to. Makes me wonder how many people further back ended up having to sit a couple of rows further back than they should of been without knowing it. Also some people were a little erm... 'over enthusiastic' in their rush to get to a seat. Maybe next time the groups could be let in a bit slower to give people time to get to their seats. really though was just a small grumble.

I had a brilliant time and have already got my ticket for next year... the waiting begins again....

oh one last note, think i asked this in my last post but cant remember for sure, but what happened to the buffy quiz?

It was listed on the website but i dont remember any mention of it at the con. did i miss it or did it not happen? to be honest i had forgotten all about it until reading everyone else's comments.

Well here goes nothing, I never ever have been to a con before in my life so this was a new experience and one I hope to have many times over. I couldn't find any thing bad, there were a few issues with the thistle hotel's key cards screwing up but that has nothing to do with this event, in fact any problem with the hotel itself has no effect on how awesome this event was. Somehow you awesome guys managed to make an event that was perfectly fitting to celebrate the shows we love.

A special shout out goes to James who had the perfect reason to pull out, I don't think anyone could've been upset at him if he had and yet he soldiered on and got through the entire weekend from start to finish in insane pain, give the man a medal.

I am already hoping to go to Hallowhedon 2, if it's even half as good as hallowhedon 1 was then I'll be insanely happy, though can I ask that you take nick up on his offer to come back, yeah we all met him now but who cares he's an awesome guest that wants to come back, sounds like a no brainer to me

• Moderators

though can I ask that you take nick up on his offer to come back, yeah we all met him now but who cares he's an awesome guest that wants to come back, sounds like a no brainer to me

And there's plenty of us who just couldn't afford to make it to the first one but are planning on coming to the 2nd, so we haven't all met him :( And just look at Kai Owen with the Hub events - he's been at them all, but he got the hugest cheer when he showed up Saturday night at hub3! Repeat guests are fine when they're brilliant at cons :)

Alot of people have mentioned the Gold Party meet and greet, and saying how bad it was. I have bought a Gold Pass for Hallowhedon 2 so am hoping it will be alot better having had to get a Silver this time as i booked too late.

By what people have said, it sound totally unfair that the same attendee's hogged the guests all the time.

Everyone who attended the party paid the same amount of money and were entitled to meet all the guests and hear what they said.

The meet and greet took place in a very quiet room and everyone sat at round tables. 9 seats per table. 8 for the Gold Pass holders and 1 for the guest. This meant that it was the guests who were moved from table to table by their minders and we sat there and chatted among ourselves while waiting for the next guest to be brought to us. This was much more relaxed and civilised and ensured that there were no groupies following the guest round the room. The guests all had a time limit per table, but this was to make sure that they met everyone. Once that happened then they just went wherever which was totally fine as everyone in that room had had the chance to talk to the guest, shake hands etc.

I agree with all your points but could you do me (and everyone else buying a gold ticket) a favour and delete the mention of the specific other convention organiser so your post does not get deleted. I would hate for your valid points to go unheard because you were breaking a small rule. Both ME and the other convention organiser ask that you do not discuss other events specifically on their forums. It's not because they hate each other but they are business rivals and it would be kinda like saying how great Burger King is on a McDonalds forum :)

Hi everyone, this was my and my friends first ever convention. (And this is my first ever post on these forums).

WOW!

Can I say a massive (ha ha) thanks to the organisers. Roll-on next year.

Didn't get there till late on Saturday morning, but everyone made us feel welcome and helped us understand the schedule, so we didn't miss out. Thanks to Cathy xx (I think thats what your name was).

The party Saturday night was great, once it got going, think the wine helped a lot!! :(

The guests were great, didn't meet them until Sunday, but they still had nice words to say and didn't give the impression that they were tired or fed up! Wasn't James a star? Wasn't sure whether I should get down onto his level or not! Bless him.

Had a few problems with the hotel staff, ATM and the quality of the food. But hey, nothings perfect! :(

Thanks to everyone (organisers, guests and fellow attendees) who made this event memorable and the best weekend of my life ever...so far!

Finally got time to post a little something.

I only attended the con for James so after the downer last week at the Hub, this was an overall great experience. Despite his injury and the obvious pain he was in, he pulled through which I think not many people would do.

It was also great to meet the other stars. I especially hold Mark very dearly. He's such a doll and a laugh. He asked us as we were standing outside the hotel where the organizers were. We also ran into him at the Sheraton (where we stayed) and he said hi and gave us this big grin which I think is just cute :D We've met him before at the Collectormania and he's one of those stars you like to see again because they are fun guests. Also liked the fact that he remained standing at the group talk (probably to make James feel less uncomfortable for not sitting down)

I wasn't too impressed by Mercedes, though. She seemed kind of distant at the autographs and the photoshoots which makes me always feel kind of unwanted. Anyway....

There is just only one thing I'd like to point out that I wasn't too happy with. The slight miscommunication about splitting up multiple photos.

This had been discussed on the board prior to the event. It was most of us Gold and Silver holders who were confused about it. It had been said (and taking the experience at the Hub into account as well) that we could go back in for another photo on the next day.

TooTall confirmed it on here but the members of the crew gave us contradictory information. I understand that they were concerned not everybody would get through on time, given it was very likely for people to get more than photo with James. So when we asked again, we were told we could only go in with our groups. Since I had been reading the thread on there and even commented on TooTall's post, I asked him in person again and he said it was no problem to go in on the next day. So depending on who you asked, you were given different information. And it was also contradicted the info given on the sheets throughout the hotel where it said you didn't need to go with your group but had to wait for your number to be called.

So yeah... I would have understood the "go with your group" policy but I would have appreciated if that had been pointed out (say, at the opening ceremony). Otherwise, it would have been helpful to get the same info from all of the crew members.

This is it for my feedback. I enjoyed the event and if you decide to bring James back for another one, I will definitely try to come over again :)

And mind if I add a quick shout-out for Debbie (I think that's her name). Thanks for recognizing and recognizing me and for the nice chats while queueing :)

okay so here goes

the crew were great. special thank you to the lady (sorry i didnt get your name) working with james leary at the wine reception. i was very shy and a bit overwhelmed by things but she was great and noticed who in our group was putting themselves forward and those of us who were too shy and needed a little help and made sure everyone got to say hi and shake hands with him etc.

Thank you :D Its Kirstie and nice to be appreciated. Glad you had a great time and got to meet everyone!

K

Well, first of all I LOVED IT!!!

Went in with a standard ticket and a booked room at Sheraton and never been more happier with my choice. I got all the photos I needed, talked to all the guests I wanted and the room at Sheraton was just great!

THE GUESTS:

A lot been said about Mercedes, i think she was just very tired and maybe shy during the talks, as would any girl be being the only girl guest there.... I was lucky to unexpectedly run into her and Mark on my way from the party and we chatting for good 20 minutes, they were both very friendly and nice.

Mark was indeed hysterical, I wasn't much excited to meet him but he totally won me over.

Nick was just amazing and very friendly, very down to earth, very charming.

Special THANKS for showing up to James Marsters for having a courage to actually smile and be there for everyone. Bless you.

I loved it all a lot but since we naming the less succesfull moments... i still will not call them bad, but

THE FEW THINGS THAT COULD'VE GONE BETTER:

- So called casino Tropicana night - everyone would agree and it's been said before - it turned out completely different from what I imagined, I thought the tables should have been in the main room, the stage been used and that moment in the memory of Andy actualy happened, and disco could've been organized after the tables were closed.

- Saturday Ball - again why not to hire an MC to do some intertainment, quizes, and all sorts of things. Like for example "The best costume" or "The scariest costume" coz some of the costumes were amazing and people have put a lot of thought in that! I know we dressed up in costumes for ourselves but still...

- music - please hire another DJ next time, if noone is on the dance floor it should be the sign to put another song and not wait

- also some wardrobe room would be really nice next time out of consideration for those of us who stayed at other hotels. We were quite lucky with the weather, but it still was quite chilly to come back after friday night party and on sunday. So we either had to go without coats and freeze from time to time, or just carry

it with us on all photoshoots.

ALSO, NEXT TIME PLEASE give that poor girl at the coffee bar some help, it took good half an hour to get a coffee....

Edited by sol9999

Good points:

Nick , James marsters, james leary! Please make sure they come back next time! hihi :smile:

The crew was fantastic. Thanks for getting me all I needed :)

The karaoke ! Please again next year ;)

Bad:

Please a little more entertainment..

I agree that there could be like screenings of Buffy and stuff, maybe a quiz about the guests that could make you win little prices.

Also for the halloween party a little more entertainment.. wouldn't it be cool to have a group of dance acedemy students dance to 'ghost' micheal jackson. I once performed that and it was great succes.

Maybe do a costume competition? there's really so much that you could do to make the parties a bit more interesting.

THE FEW THINGS THAT COULD'VE GONE BETTER:

- So called casino Tropicana night - everyone would agree and it's been said before - it turned out completely different from what I imagined, I thought the tables should have been in the main room, the stage been used and that moment in the memory of Andy actualy happened, and disco could've been organized after the tables were closed.

- Saturday Ball - again why not to hire an MC to do some intertainment, quizes, and all sorts of things. Like for example "The best costume" or "The scariest costume" coz some of the costumes were amazing and people have put a lot of thought in that! I know we dressed up in costumes for ourselves but still...

- music - please hire another DJ next time, if noone is on the dance floor it should be the sign to put another song and not wait

Couldn't agree more.

I'll be your DJ if you pay the hotel for me :) I have a very wide range of taste of music :)

Also wished the memorial had happened. The tables should have been in the room, all done up like a casino, and the disco started after it had finished. Costume prizes - yes!

Whedon quiz - yes!

one thing i forgot to mention before that made me kind of laugh at the ridiculousness of it was in regards to the dealers.

The picture we got in our reg pack of James Leary was nice, dont get me wrong, but i wanted to get one of him without the make up so i went to the dealers room to try and get one.

One of the dealers (the one selling the pens, clocks, magnets, badges...) had half a dozen folders of photos of sci-fi actors and rather than hunting through them all i just asked her if she had any of him without the make up on. She had no friggin idea who he was. I told her he was one of the guests at the con and she still didnt know!

note to any dealers attending future cons, learn the names of the guests attending!!!!

one thing i forgot to mention before that made me kind of laugh at the ridiculousness of it was in regards to the dealers.

The picture we got in our reg pack of James Leary was nice, dont get me wrong, but i wanted to get one of him without the make up so i went to the dealers room to try and get one.

One of the dealers (the one selling the pens, clocks, magnets, badges...) had half a dozen folders of photos of sci-fi actors and rather than hunting through them all i just asked her if she had any of him without the make up on. She had no friggin idea who he was. I told her he was one of the guests at the con and she still didnt know!

note to any dealers attending future cons, learn the names of the guests attending!!!!

Also, she was just selling merchandise I assume she doesn't have a licence for as they weren't very high quality, just looked like they had been google imaged and printed into keyrings, is that even legal? i think you need to buy the image. This is on the assumption that she hadn't though, but with so many images that would have cost her a bomb... so I'm doubtful...

Also, she was just selling merchandise I assume she doesn't have a licence for as they weren't very high quality, just looked like they had been google imaged and printed into keyrings, is that even legal? i think you need to buy the image. This is on the assumption that she hadn't though, but with so many images that would have cost her a bomb... so I'm doubtful...

Not so noticable to the untrained eye (me) but my friend Cyn noticed that in some of the photos she was selling they were images that had been scanned from magazines and had the writing edited out.

the weekend was sooo much fun but it wizzed by soooo fast. putting in an early request for hallowhedon 3 to be a week (or month, a month would be good too) long event :)

Maybe a solution to that would be to get the guest to bring their own publicity shots, that you can buy to have autographed the same way that they do at Collectormania, LFCC etc (or at least they did last time I went to one which was some time ago). I noticed James Marsters had brought a lot of stuff that you could buy, but none of the other guests had.

Many of the 10 x 8's in the dealer's room are not official merchandise, just scans that they have had printed themselves.

Edited by Cider

Maybe a solution to that would be to get the guest to bring their own publicity shots, that you can buy to have autographed the same way that they do at Collectormania, LFCC etc (or at least they did last time I went to one which was some time ago). I noticed James Marsters had brought a lot of stuff that you could buy, but none of the other guests had.

Many of the 10 x 8's in the dealer's room are not official merchandise, just scans that they have had printed themselves.

That might be an option. Though having to buy the pics extra might make some people shy away from getting the autograph altogether.

Might be easier if you had a selection to choose from like they did at the CM or with Kai Owen surprise visit at the Hub. You pay for the autograph (that is, if it isn't included like it was at HAllowhedon or if you want an extra one) and as walk up to the guest, you can pick a photo that you would like to have signed.

And I do agree that I rather would have had a different pic of beery!Leary. They had such a nice headshot in the booklet.

Pros:

Amazing guests! Great parties! Really friendly staff :WAVE: other joss-fanatics were very nice ;)

Cons:

I agree about the James Leary photo provided ;) I eventually just had my photo session signed instead :o

Thistle-hotel....I heard it was not so nice so I booked a room in the Sheraton instead.

We did have to endanger our lives by running accross the dual carriage way :P

Drinks prices at the bar? need I say more...

Guests running late at 9 am, now don't get me wrong I understand that sometimes things happen

and you will run late. The guests were staying at the Sheraton, same hotel as me, so if I can get up

and be at the Thistle for 9, shouldn't they? This just caused a back-up in the system and once my 9am

slot was late, I was late for everything else too :/

Most of these things ME will not have total control over.

Thank you for an amazing weekend! :WINCE: