guests for next autographica

braveboy1

Just a thought, albeit not an especially obvious one, but how about getting Andrew Chaikin over? I'm sure plenty of Space enthusiasts have copies of his various books they would like signing.

Maybe he could even add an extra dimension to the talks, might even persuade any who aren't keen to do standalone talks to participate in a more 'conversation' style thing.

Buzz Aldrin would be good to get back

Sir Norman Wisdom

Ian McKellen would probably do a signing like this, along with Leslie neilson, who cancelled one not so long ago so is deffinatly up for doing one

John Cleese and Maggie Smith.

Fawltey Towers would be a good reunion to have, it could easily happen. especially at this event.

Anthony Daniels is another name that would do this type of event as he did one previously

Just a thought, albeit not an especially obvious one, but how about getting Andrew Chaikin over? I'm sure plenty of Space enthusiasts have copies of his various books they would like signing.

Maybe he could even add an extra dimension to the talks, might even persuade any who aren't keen to do standalone talks to participate in a more 'conversation' style thing.

That's a great suggestion, Count.

I spoke to Andy at another event hosted by Novaspace several years ago. He showed interest when I asked him about coming to U.K. He would be a big draw on the Lecture part of Autographica

Edited by descartes

Excellent Idea Count!

and how about the likes of Tim Furness, Reg Turnill, Cliff Michealmore and Peter Fairly?

Lots of space fans should be interest

von Dawson's Express

• 2 weeks later...

hi there, ive never been to autographica before but im really hoping to make it to the next one, a few suggestions ive seen strike me as great but id like to make a few myself if its ok.

personally any of the astronauts from the apollo era would be great but id dearly love to see buzz aldrin, gene cernan, harrison schmitt, dick gordon or alan bean.

id also like to see dr robert ballard who found the titanic, any of the main cast from the west wing, andrew chaiken, gene kranz or sqd leader martin withers who piloted vulcan bomber XM607 to bomb the air strip in port stanley during the falklands war.

just a few personal favorites :blink:)

ben

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HI i love meeting the ww2 veterans you get , how about some of THE DAM BUSTERS guys ( still a few around ) COLDITZ pow's or GREAT ESCAPE guys , i understood that AUTOGRAPHICA was for meeting these kind of guests THANKS