Photos at the desk

Avengers7

I'm just curious about this. I would have loved to have a photo at the desk with Ursela Andress but being a good boy, saw the sign and just had autos signed.

However, since I got back from the event I have seen some photos taken with her and other people. I have been in this situation before and just want to clarify. Surely, if the sign is up then every person buying an auto should be treated the same. Either everyone should be allowed or no one. I saw the same situation at MK where I was told no posed photos for Rachel Lutteral , even though I had paid for 4 autographs and the person behind me asked for a photo by the desk and was allowed to have one.

Would just like clarification - unless it has been answered elsewhere.

Other than this - thanks for an excellent weekend and role on the next one.

Edited by reddragon

This is what TooTall posted in another topic, hopefully this answers your question:

This is the issue we have.

There are 2 reasons why no photo or no posed photo signs are put up.

1: For reasons of speed. At a show like LFCC where in some cases we need to get 1000+ people through a queue in a day, because a guests fee is so large we need to do this number or have to charge more then normal .

2: At the guests quest.

In this case for whatever reason...

I don't feel pretty today.

I don't like the flash.

I don't feel well.

I don't want picture's of me signing going up on the web.

There are a 1001 reasons why a guest may ask not to have photos taken of them.

When they do ask this we put up the signs and we ask people not to take photos. WE enforce the request of the guest. Some people either miss or ignore the signs and ask anyway. It this situation if the crew member can, they will be the bad guy and say no for the guest. That's what we are there for. We are there to be the bad guy for the guest. They don't want to have to say no and look bad so we do it for them. Our crew are not there on a power trip, they are doing their job, which is to enforce the rules of the show and the requests of the guest. You may not like those rule or requests but that doesn't make the crew member or Showmasters evil for enforcing them.

In some cases the request gets past the crew member and the guest out of politness says yes. There is nothing we can do once the guest themselves has said yes.

But sometimes we have the situation (which happened this weekend) where the guest themselves legitimately changes their minds. First thing is the morning they say no photos at all and then in the afternoon once it gets quiet and they've had a good day they then agree to it. We then info the attendees of this and allow it. I understand that it's annoying if you bought your autograph when the guest didn't want photos, but what we can't have is a long line of people JUST wanting a photo because they didn't get one earlier.

Sometimes it can change so quickly we don't have time to change the signage. They agree to photos, but then after a couple they don't like a flashes (or what ever) and we're back to no photos.

At the end of the day they are their to sign autographs and not have photos taken of them. I understand people like proof or whatever. But they are people and do have the right to say what they do and don't want. We are only enforcing that wish.

Stuart.

Thanks for the answer Queen Sindel.

I had an excellent time at the weekend, I just feel agrieved when looking at some peoples photos of stars like Ursela Andress, when I didn't / wasn't able to get one. I just wish that, as I said before, the same rules need to apply to all.