ok lets talk

showmasters

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, all sorted out, I got a deal on second-hand CPU base so I could afford to get a ticket for "Housebroken"

I have my confirmation email and hotel booked!

I'm really excited about this con, February can't come soon enough for me :D

Can anyone give me info about Bedford? I don't know it very well

I've sent out a message on my Facebook and the Being Human fanpage on Facebook... I don't know if i'll get in trouble for advertising or what ever... but oh well it will be worth it if we get more attendees :)

Also maybe some one could try making a page on Facebook for the con?

On the BH page there are about 29,000 fans! If we got a few people and sent out invites im sure we could get the word out maybe?

Just an idea. Hope it doesn't get cancelled!

I'm only a teenager so I'm broke! (Well I think most people are atm) So, I wont be getting my ticket untill Xmas, PLEASE DON'T CANCEL!!

I will actually stand in the middle of my local town centre with leaflets shouting about it to get peoples interest! Lol!

Thanks x

the usual outlets magazines - sfx,empire - i doubt it owuld harm to put it insomething like the radio times or summat.

It's probably a little early for SFX, given they are advertising events like the Hub which are several months before. I'd hope to see an SFX advert in November or December for it. Not sure that it would be worth advertising in Empire, with it being a TV show (although i know they advertise the bigger events like Collectormania:London.) I wonder how much a Radio Times advert would be? Do they even have advert is the Radio Times? (Do you think it's readership would include the sort of people who go to conventions?)

Hi showmasters

I am 100% going to this event but cannot buy my ticket until the last minute just incase Russel Tovey cant make it.

I am a fan of the series but my conevntion budget is at its limit right now lol, but as im a big BIG fan of Rusell i thought why not, however as im only realy going for one guest i thought it best not to by my ticket just incase anything comes up and he cant make it.

I know your policy on refunds and respect it compleatly which is why i cant risk buying a gold ticket just yet.

Trust me i realy want to come as i cant wait to meet russel but just dont wanna take the chance of him having to cancel and then me losing out.

I dont know if other ppl are holding out for the same thing but i do feel that ticket sales will soar nearer the time esp with Being human just coming to bbc 1

cheers and look forward to seeing you there

stepster

Hi showmasters

I am 100% going to this event but cannot buy my ticket until the last minute just incase Russel Tovey cant make it.

I am a fan of the series but my conevntion budget is at its limit right now lol, but as im a big BIG fan of Rusell i thought why not, however as im only realy going for one guest i thought it best not to by my ticket just incase anything comes up and he cant make it.

I know your policy on refunds and respect it compleatly which is why i cant risk buying a gold ticket just yet.

Trust me i realy want to come as i cant wait to meet russel but just dont wanna take the chance of him having to cancel and then me losing out.

I dont know if other ppl are holding out for the same thing but i do feel that ticket sales will soar nearer the time esp with Being human just coming to bbc 1

cheers and look forward to seeing you there

stepster

Ive bought a ticket but was really expecting Aiden Turner to have been announced by now. Cant wait. :uhoh:

Edited by reddragon

I wonder how much a Radio Times advert would be? Do they even have advert is the Radio Times? (Do you think it's readership would include the sort of people who go to conventions?)

i imagine they have a broad readership and i can imagine housebroken being the sort of event to attract a lot of first time con attendees - unless you go looking for these sorts of events then i imagine a lot of people haven't got a clue that they are on

I wonder how much a Radio Times advert would be? Do they even have advert is the Radio Times? (Do you think it's readership would include the sort of people who go to conventions?)

i imagine they have a broad readership and i can imagine housebroken being the sort of event to attract a lot of first time con attendees - unless you go looking for these sorts of events then i imagine a lot of people haven't got a clue that they are on

Oh, I totally agree with your point about the fact that you have to go and look for these events! I'm just not sure that the Radio Times has the right demographic to match the sort of people who go to these sort of things?

I'm not sure what the answer is, I guess events like London Film & Comic Con would be the best place to advertise them, as those events are advertised in the national daily press which reach over a million people.

It'd be nice to have an update from ME as to how the ticket sales are now doing?

I can't imagine it's going to be drastically different to when this thread was posted, given as there hasn't been much change in advertising (other than the sterling efforts of those posting on LJs/Forums). I would think the next big 'bump' in sales will be after Collectormania London, where hopefully there will be a big display and people will but them as Christmas Presents! :thumbup:

It'd be nice to have an update from ME as to how the ticket sales are now doing?

I can't imagine it's going to be drastically different to when this thread was posted, given as there hasn't been much change in advertising (other than the sterling efforts of those posting on LJs/Forums). I would think the next big 'bump' in sales will be after Collectormania London, where hopefully there will be a big display and people will but them as Christmas Presents! ;)

True! Wishful thinking I guess! I'll be SO upset if this gets cancelled!

• 1 month later...

I really want to come to this event, its just alot of money. and what with twilight (which i intend to do every con you run on it) plus Lcm, CM & lfcc not to mention christmas and other living expences . i think other people are feeling the pinch too.

its even more anoying that its 10mins form my door step so i dont even have to pay for a room!

i just hope i can raise the money before the day.

As i live in bedford i could hand flyers around in bedford....if ya wanna send them to me?

the way i see it is if people see something like this is on their door step that may incourage people who normally wouldnt!

I really hope this doesn't get cancelled as I love the show, and the con is just up the road.

I can't buy right now, as just had the hub3, booked for the HUB4, and have Hallowhedon and Chevron booked too.

Plus am wanting to go to Collectormania London.

Was hoping to buy my ticket after Chrimbo in the hope I'd be able to afford a Gold by then, ha ha! (if there are any left then)

I hope you can hang on in there SM?

You have spoiled us lately with many fabulous conventions, I think we are out of cash at the mo!

Will let all my mates know about it too, being as it's so close by. Fingers crossed guys!

Max

I really hope is convention goes ahead it is a great show and i belive there is a strong fanbase for the show :D

Did you go to Nottingham at the weekend? There was a Q&A with some of the cast, as well as one of the directors and the producer. Was a really fun panel, great chemistry between the cast who all seem very fan friendly!

I really hope is convention goes ahead it is a great show and i belive there is a strong fanbase for the show :D

Did you go to Nottingham at the weekend? There was a Q&A with some of the cast, as well as one of the directors and the producer. Was a really fun panel, great chemistry between the cast who all seem very fan friendly!

I didnt know it sounds like it was a great weekend did they show any footage of season two :D

I didnt know it sounds like it was a great weekend did they show any footage of season two :D

Yes, they showed a trailer of it, which went on for a few minutes.... looks awesome! :firedevil:

I really hope is convention goes ahead it is a great show and i belive there is a strong fanbase for the show :blink:

I didnt know it sounds like it was a great weekend did they show any footage of season two :P

Yes, they showed a trailer of it, which went on for a few minutes.... looks awesome! :lol:

Cool :wub: any spoiler's