Leaving it a bit late?

Undesirable

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

As soon as they have them signed up.

ME could get a call back in the next 5 minutes with a guest saying yes. It may still be a couple of days.

No one knows, they are not sat there with lots of lovely announcements just waiting for the right moment to post them.

:) I think the confusion lies when this was announced it was made clear there would be 4 smaller guests and 4 bigger guests... if that was the case I would have assumed that there were already guests in place for this?

I think that's how others read it too from what I've read across the forum.

Nevermind though, I'm gonna hybernate and when I come back it'll be Muggle time yay xxx

Some of my friends are interested in coming but have set themselves a deadline - like, if the guests aren't announced by Tuesday they'll make other plans etc.

I'm still coming anyway, I know from previous events that I'll have a great time and I love HP xD

I've had an amazing time at both Hubs, counting down to Hallowhedon and would love to come to MM...

...but I have an offer of a few days in Cardiff too on the same weekend!!!

I only live in Northampton anyway so would really love to come but if I haven't heard in the next few days, I will have to commit to going to Wales which would be a shame as I love HP (Harry Potter, not brown sauce!)

It's really gutting that the event is one week away and the 4 main guests haven't been announced yet, although I completely understand the reasoning for it.

Let's all keep our finger's well and truly crossed that we hear sooner rather than later :lol:

(Ignore that, cross anything and everything)

I've had an amazing time at both Hubs, counting down to Hallowhedon and would love to come to MM...

...but I have an offer of a few days in Cardiff too on the same weekend!!!

I only live in Northampton anyway so would really love to come but if I haven't heard in the next few days, I will have to commit to going to Wales which would be a shame as I love HP (Harry Potter, not brown sauce!)

It's really gutting that the event is one week away and the 4 main guests haven't been announced yet, although I completely understand the reasoning for it.

Let's all keep our finger's well and truly crossed that we hear sooner rather than later :D

(Ignore that, cross anything and everything)

I'm all tangled now

Surely there must be a cut off date for annoucements? SM must understand that time is needed to book flights, hotels and people can't put off other plans in the hope of an announcement. I understand that some contracts may take time to be finalised but surely they can't all be last minute. I would have thought that it would be in the guests own interests (and those of their agents) to allow advertising time for their appearance. One week to advertise simply isn't enough. Should SM just go with those guests they know they can get and be able to present a con with a definite guest list rather than announcing a con and then hoping to get guests?

I know SM do their best to get good guests and we all appreciate it but sometimes I feel a good con/auto show is spoiled by the reality of available guests and our own unreal expectations. If a great guest is announced in the next day or so, it'll be great but also really difficult to plan a trip at such short notice.

Agreed on all parts, although we've been told not to fret so we shouldn't but I do see your point about travel. And as TooTall has said SM wouldn't wait to announce a guest which would indicate they don't currently have any other guests lined up? Or maybe I misread TooTalls post

Agreed on all parts, although we've been told not to fret so we shouldn't but I do see your point about travel. And as TooTall has said SM wouldn't wait to announce a guest which would indicate they don't currently have any other guests lined up? Or maybe I misread TooTalls post

No, that's how I've read TT's post as well and I know they're not gonna sit on an annoucement. All of this simply reminds us of the element of risk involved with cons like this; a risk for the organisers that people will buy tickets on the promise of guests or the simple chance to meet and have fun with other fans and the risk to fans who book in the hope of meeting guests, knowing that said guests may not materialise. It's a gamble. Sadly, not all of us are able to gamble with our time and/or money :dance:

It's no ones fault, it's just the way it is.

Unrealistic perhaps, but thats how it was advertised or at least how a lot of us read the announcement.

Yes that is how it was advertised which is why I believe (my opinion only!!) that the guests will be announced shortly and the 4 main guests will be the Weasley twins, Malfoy, Neville and the last supporting guest will be the guy from the recent MK event - sorry, cannot remember his name!

Just basing this on the fact that they have all worked with Showmasters recently and would be a lot easier to get than, say, Harry or Ron.

Place your bets now please.... am I going in the right direction???

That's what I was thinking initally lol especially with the 4 main guests, I'm not sure who you mean by the last supporting guest I know Angelica Mandy was one at LFCC and Adrian Rawlins was at Collectormania, as well as William and Dean Thomas :)

P.s. isn't Malfoy :P in Japan ? and when I say Malfoy I do mean the lovely Tom Felton x

But I think you need to consider how many tickets have been sold as well, maybe they can't bring as many guests as they planned to because there's not enough interested?

That's just a guess, but since this is a charity event they need to earn money instead of losing them :P

Edited by Mandelina

since this topic is "late related" has anyone else got their party outfits sorted? I have my fleur dress (haven't tried it on yet) so I may look like a midget with a chicken in my hair ha ha.

Haven't got anything specific for quidditch yet, assuming I'll go as a spectator if I can't find anything more quidditchy related :P xxx

• Moderators

I really don't think they'll be commenting on their financial performance to attendees.

HP guests do tend to be based here though, so straight away it probably cuts down costs a fair bit.

That's what I was thinking initally lol especially with the 4 main guests, I'm not sure who you mean by the last supporting guest I know Angelica Mandy was one at LFCC and Adrian Rawlins was at Collectormania, as well as William and Dean Thomas :)

P.s. isn't Malfoy :wub: in Japan ? and when I say Malfoy I do mean the lovely Tom Felton x

Tom Felton is in Japan at the moment.

Also Matt Lewis is on holiday atm. The Phelp twins told someone that they would be filming during MM so I guess those 4 out. Maybe Tonks, Cho, Goyle, Dean or krum could do it as they all done events for SM.