Dedications/quotes

echoamaru

Hiya!

Just wondering if someone could give me some advice about the best way to ask for a dedication?

I've been coming to Collectormanias and LFCCs for a few years now and my confidence has increased so that I can often have a quick chat with the guests I meet, but I've not been able to successfully ask for a dedication yet. I've asked a couple of guests and once was told by the crew member that they were not doing dedications - I'm fine with that; I know that's the guest's choice and the crew is just doing their job. I asked another guest while they were autographing my photo, and they laughed it off saying they couldn't concentrate on two things at once.

So can anyone give me any tips on how to ask for a dedication/quote? Obviously, I don't expect to get one from every guest I meet, but there have been a few times where I really wanted one and couldn't quite get my request out!

Thanks!

Echo :blush:

You could try and write the quote you want on a piece of paper if it's a longer one, and then simply ask "would you mind putting that on the autograph?"

I mainly ask "I have a special request. Could you please put XXX on the autograph?" But then again I never tried that at too busy queues. :whistling: