€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

I can't remember which but at C4 one of the dealers were adverting items in $ (dollors) if this is not the accepted currency, then the dealers should be showing prices in pounds.

I haven't got a clue how to work out the currency, but it just annoyed me, and as a result I didn't buy anything from tht particular dealer

I can't remember which but at C4 one of the dealers were adverting items in $ (dollors) if this is not the accepted currency, then the dealers should be showing prices in pounds.

I haven't got a clue how to work out the currency, but it just annoyed me, and as a result I didn't buy anything from tht particular dealer

That's the American guy who charges £ for his products marked as $..

He doesn't have to change the stickers then

Sounds like a good opportunity fo him to rip people off, since I don't have a currency changer thingy.

They should advertice everything in £'s then everyone knows where they are at!!!!!!!

hmmmm yeah, it makes sense to me

Sounds like a good opportunity fo him to rip people off, since I don't have a currency changer thingy.

They should advertice everything in £'s then everyone knows where they are at!!!!!!!

Again I think it's down to individual preference.

He has goods on sale that many UK firms do not.

Rather than travel to the US or pay for posting he puts HIS airfair on your price.

The public have a right to choose..if you want it, buy it, if not...........don't

Again I think it's down to individual preference.

He has goods on sale that many UK firms do not.

Rather than travel to the US or pay for posting he puts HIS airfair on your price.

The public have a right to choose..if you want it, buy it, if not...........don't

Sorry no I'm not saying his goods are naff or anything like that, no not at all. What I was getting at was I don't know how for example $12.00 is in english money, so I wouldn't know if the price I was paying was worth it, thats all.

Of course people do have a choice, but perhaps he could adertise his prices in dollors and in english, so that everyone can see what they are paying.

Thats all, maybe I didn't make myself clear aas to what I was getting at, and probably still haven't LOL.

I understand what you are getting at, here's something I hope will help :D :

basically, roughly, and NOT taking into account the low value on the Dollar at the moment, there are $1.6 to the £.

this might sound weird but bacially half the amount and add just under half of that on. so half of $12 is $6 then add a bit on is £8...

in English! about 3/4 of the price or use your mobley to divide by 1.6 :D it's actually £7.50 but close enough to what I said!

obv. $9.00 is not £9.00 but some dealers don't have a £ sign on their price gun so have used a $ sign but others, like some one mentioned, are just charging the US rate in $9 which might be ripping you off, it depends what the item is.

I hope this isn't too babble-y and has helped some what?!? :D

lemme know,

surfy sah :D

• 8 months later...