Thanks for a great show

starfighter

Had a wicked time this weekend. The crew were great, they know me and my family by now and put up with us. i must thanks everyone who didn`t turn up to the Tony Lee and Gary Russell coffee lounge i was the only one there and had a blast.

Thank you Derek for pulling off a great weekend all the hard work you and your team put in to this and your other Doctor events is much appreciated.

I hope everyone else had as much fun as i did.

Mick

Had a wicked time this weekend. The crew were great, they know me and my family by now and put up with us. i must thanks everyone who didn`t turn up to the Tony Lee and Gary Russell coffee lounge i was the only one there and had a blast.

Thank you Derek for pulling off a great weekend all the hard work you and your team put in to this and your other Doctor events is much appreciated.

I hope everyone else had as much fun as i did.

Mick

I have to agree with all this. Thanks Derek, I had a wonderful weekend. Crew were great, guests were brilliant. I finally had the chance to meet Janet Fielding and I wasnt let down. She was brilliant as was Sylvester McCoy and Liz Sladen. There was a very quiet, calm atmosphere. Can't wait for next year! :(

Had a great time. Was wandering whether I could put what rocked and what didn't rock so much about this year's con? Well here it is anyway:

Good points:

Less time spent queuing this year. Waited an hour for Sylvester but it was so worth it but overall hardly spent any of the convention actually standing in queues.

Torchwood final episode shown on Friday night - nice touch.

Themed parties.

Cheaper drinks for convention guests - that Becks is lethal stuff lol.

Panel talks - lots of talks packed in with little or no "down time".

Improved Dealers Room - more merchandise on sale plus more props/costumes/daleks to see.

Not so good points:

Three of the guests I really wanted to see didn't turn up. Can't be helped, I know, but it did mean that this year's line up just didn't cut last year's (although those who did turn up were great of course and a big thumbs up to them!)

Paying £14 just to park (although a hotel thing and not a convention issue)

The auction - I was looking forward to bidding on some more props but there was just a handful of signed pics and posters which was a shame.

I didn't hear the Doctor Who theme tune once this year lol.

Next year's won't be in Birmingham - waah!

OK think that's about it. Perhaps people will want to add their own?

xxx :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,. Like Miss Adventure i Have to admit that there were some Good points and some Bad points about this years BADWOLF, the good points were Derek,Caroline,Too Tall and all the Crew they really did work hard and there were plenty of Guests to keep people happy. My Bad points were the poor turn out at both Parties and the lack of effort made to Dress up for the Themes chosen, I think on the Friday there were about 15 people in the party room if that and only 4 people were in Fancy dress including myself and my Son. On the Saturday night (Evening On Board Titanic) once again a poor turn out and only about 5 of us in Fancy Dress, usually these parties are full of attendees all dressed up and ready for Fun this time the Titanic Party was more like the Marie' Celest and the School Reunion Party was like the Kids had been sent home because the Teachers were on strike. I really felt sorry for the D.J he must have been board stiff playing great music with no one to dance to it, So try and make a bigger effort to fill the party room at Hub3 or there is no point in Tenth Planet/ Massive events waisting there money arranging a Disco. Hope to see you Hub3 and ready to party. julie-t :dance::dance::wub::wub::WAVE:

So try and make a bigger effort to fill the party room at Hub3 or there is no point in Tenth Planet/ Massive events waisting there money arranging a Disco.

The Hub is different as its' Torchwood, but I'm not sure how many Dr Who fans said they wanted themed parties etc for Bad Wolf in the first place.

That does seem to be the difference between a Massive event and the old style Tenth Planet ones - the massive ones seem more interested in parties at times than the guests. But they have customers who want that, then fine, I'll just stick to the one day ones.