How about a list of "Confirmed no goers"?

Guest ReallyWantToGo

How about a list of "Confirmed no goers"?

It would be nice to help us decide to go or not. :)

Or at least having some kind of list of "possible guests". We all understand they may or may not go.

An information about how the ticket sale is going would give also a slight idea what to expect in the next weeks.

The "confirmed list of no goers" or "possibilities" will never happen, however I would be interested in hearing some info on the ticket sales. It would give us an idea of what the convention may be like and what the rest of the guests may be.

well i think the majority of people who brought tickets posted on here right?, and not that many people said they brought tickets, maybe 100/150? that was after the micheal emerson guest announcement. i cant understand WHY they are leaving it so late then complain there is no viable market for 'lost events'.

I know I would quite happily pay £80 just for a smaller scale event, as long as Michael Emerson was definitely attending (scared about work commitments popping up). But the reason I can't buy a ticket yet is because I don't watch the other two shows, so can't take any risks. :/ Like, if there three or four Alias/Fringe guests announced, and then Emerson had to cancel, I would have to just lose the money and not go.

That's just my personal reason as to why I haven't bought a ticket yet, but I desperately want to! I feel bad because I know SMs need ticket sales to get guests. Catch 22 situation and all that. :D

i cant understand WHY they are leaving it so late then complain there is no viable market for 'lost events'.

Haha, I posted at the same time and answered your question! :WINCE: Spooky...

i cant understand WHY they are leaving it so late then complain there is no viable market for 'lost events'.

This is also what I struggle to understand, and as I have said before there are three shows to choose from and all of them have a relativity large cast so I do find it a bit hard to believe that the problem lies with getting guests. The convention is exactly two months away today and we still have only one guest... Lockdown had more at this point.

I personally believe there is still time to make this convention a success, however it would have to be done fast.

This is also what I struggle to understand, and as I have said before there are three shows to choose from and all of them have a relativity large cast so I do find it a bit hard to believe that the problem lies with getting guests. The convention is exactly two months away today and we still have only one guest... Lockdown had more at this point.

I personally believe there is still time to make this convention a success, however it would have to be done fast.

I would be very happy even if only Michael is attending.. I'd would be enough only to read that everything is ok with the one guest they have.

But we haven't heard anything for weeks, it looks like they spend all their attention in for example Etarnal Twilight or other conventions in 2010 (who have more guests than this convention).

Well, aslong there's no "Guest Cancel" topic pinned I'm happy and looking forward :)

I would be very happy even if only Michael is attending.. I'd would be enough only to read that everything is ok with the one guest they have.

But we haven't heard anything for weeks, it looks like they spend all their attention in for example Etarnal Twilight or other conventions in 2010 (who have more guests than this convention).

Well, aslong there's no "Guest Cancel" topic pinned I'm happy and looking forward :)

Don't get me wrong, even if things only remain as they are I will still definitely be attending, I can't wait to meet Michael! But I would obviously rather there were more guests. Either way though, it would be nice to hear something from someone. We've been left in the dark for ages.

Don't get me wrong, even if things only remain as they are I will still definitely be attending, I can't wait to meet Michael! But I would obviously rather there were more guests. Either way though, it would be nice to hear something from someone. We've been left in the dark for ages.

I didn't get you wrong :) I thought that we have the same opinion for a long time ;)

Well, so far 27 gold tickets have been sold and 22 silver tickets have been sold, which isnt much at all. They are at least 9 gold tickets down due to no guests announced as yet (except 1), including me.

I dont know how many standard tickets have been sold, but I would expect it to be similar to the Gold and Silver.

Its such a shame. But then when you E-Mail Showmasters with an offer of help, which can only benefit them, and they dont even respond, its no wonder things like this happen.

yea i get you, lower key events are fun, but it depends on how low key it is.

lockdown was abit too low key for my liking though

I am a bit afraid to go, since there is only one guest.

What if they cancel? The flight tickets are non refundable.

Anyone with experience can give me some hints?

Well, so far 27 gold tickets have been sold and 22 silver tickets have been sold, which isnt much at all.

Is that all? Oh dear. I am one of those gold ticket purchasers, but am now worried that lack of sales will mean a lack of guests.

yea i get you, lower key events are fun, but it depends on how low key it is.

lockdown was abit too low key for my liking though

I am a bit afraid to go, since there is only one guest.

What if they cancel? The flight tickets are non refundable.

Anyone with experience can give me some hints?

Same problem here. But I already booked my flight, because if you're waiting too long, the price will be much higher. So by now, I'm sitting here and hoping for the event to take place, or otherwise I will lose the money of the flight ticket :D

I really want to go, but at the moment don't want to part with my cash as I have a few expensive months ahead of me. I'd like to see a Fringe guest announcement myself. That could be the deciding factor for me :dance:

I really want to go, but at the moment don't want to part with my cash as I have a few expensive months ahead of me. I'd like to see a Fringe guest announcement myself. That could be the deciding factor for me :blink:

We need some kind of official announcement in regards of what is going on.

Can a Mod confirm if this event is guaranteed to occur?

My friend won't go :blink:

If more Lost guests are announced, i'll try to push to go again.

I've merged your two topics. I understand you are concerned and probably thought it was funny, but making separate posts the section is not the way to get SM's attention. :blink:

The moderators don't know anything more than you do, so unfortunately I can not answer your question.

I've merged your two topics. I understand you are concerned and probably thought it was funny, but making separate posts the section is not the way to get SM's attention. :blink:

The moderators don't know anything more than you do, so unfortunately I can not answer your question.

I am sorry :)

Won't happen again.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by ReallyWantToGo

I've got an idea. If for whatever reason they are having issues with this convention, why not delay Abrams Inc until next year or a later date and turn this con into a Ben/Michael Emerson convention!!!

We could have guests such as Michael himself of course, his Wife, Little Ben and Ben's Dad.

This post is a joke, but I actually like the sound of it!

I've got an idea. If for whatever reason they are having issues with this convention, why not delay Abrams Inc until next year or a later date and turn this con into a Ben/Michael Emerson convention!!!

We could have guests such as Michael himself of course, his Wife, Little Ben and Ben's Dad.

This post is a joke, but I actually like the sound of it!

No joke - I would be thrilled at this! Ben is worshipped by many people I know, and I think we'd all love a weekend focused on the character! OMG I love the thought of this...

I have seen posts from SM/ME lots of time where they reiterate that they say no guest will be announced until they have signed on the dotted line. That is standard with any event organiser. You also have to take into account that potential guests may be awaiting results of callbacks or auditions and thus do not to commit to something that they would then have to cancel and disappoint their fans.

As regards Twiglight, with filming schedules already in place, it will be easier to get guests tied down sooner as they know what they are doing. New Moon is filming and the third is in production/pre-production etc. It may seem like Jason & Co are concentrating on Twighlight, but rest assured that they will be concentrating on everything and trying to bring you the guests you want to.