Children Of The Gods - Final Cut

adriangill

I take it everyone is aware about the impending release of the "Children Of The Gods - Final Cut". Sounds interesting.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/05/new-...es-summer-dvds/

"Series co-creator Brad Wright and editor Brad Rines revisited the show’s original pilot, completely re-editing it from the original dailies - choosing different takes, adding deleted footage, and expunging the nudity. It will also come with a new score and new visual effects."

indeed, they were talking about it at the con in Vancouver in April :unsure:

it will be interesting to see it but I'm not in a rush to get it on dvd, I will be waiting for a sale or to borrow it off some one B)

surfy sah xx

• 3 weeks later...
indeed, they were talking about it at the con in Vancouver in April :D

it will be interesting to see it but I'm not in a rush to get it on dvd, I will be waiting for a sale or to borrow it off some one :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

You are welcome to borrow it if/when I get it

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
is this any good? are the changes better or pointless? are there any extra scenes?
????
:thumbup:

Oops. I need to re-watch it to confirm my thoughts but the commentary with RDA was good. Chris Judge as re-recorded all of his lines. Teal'c sounds like Teal'c rather than the voice he was 'trying out' for this and series 1. Of course now Teal'c in series 1 sounds even odder. He will have to re-record all of that!

There are scenes that have been added, differnt angles used and some removed. There is one scene at the end which was changed/removed and makes it more of a self contained movie rather than leading on to the TV series - I wasn't too fond of that change. The special effects have been improved. I can't recall if it was remastered but it looked a lot cleaner/sharper plus it's now in widescreen. Also a new music score

Overall I liked it and would recommend it. The story seems to flow better.

is this any good? are the changes better or pointless? are there any extra scenes?
????
:o

Oops. I need to re-watch it to confirm my thoughts but the commentary with RDA was good. Chris Judge as re-recorded all of his lines. Teal'c sounds like Teal'c rather than the voice he was 'trying out' for this and series 1. Of course now Teal'c in series 1 sounds even odder. He will have to re-record all of that!

There are scenes that have been added, differnt angles used and some removed. There is one scene at the end which was changed/removed and makes it more of a self contained movie rather than leading on to the TV series - I wasn't too fond of that change. The special effects have been improved. I can't recall if it was remastered but it looked a lot cleaner/sharper plus it's now in widescreen. Also a new music score

Overall I liked it and would recommend it. The story seems to flow better.

cheers, ill check it out when its cheap, is the chris judge re recorded bits noticeable, do they work?

They expunged the nudity.........the killjoys! :o

Not as if there was any great amount of nudity going about in the whole series but "for crying out loud" as one well known individual might say lol :P

yer I heard they removed this, dont see what was wrong with it, they said so it fits with the rest of the series which didnt have nudity. humm.