A thank you from Dave,Jason and Paul

Dave Phillips

• Moderators

Hello everyone

Just a quick note from all of us absolutely exhausted here at mission control.

Firstly i would like to thank all of you who have written such complimetary posts on this forum.

We don,t always get the time to speak to all of you at the show but i must have shaken hands with at least 3 hundred of you over the weekend. I felt like President Obama and was pretty much mobbed everytime i appeared anywhere near the main signing room. My heartfelt thanks to all of you who did this and long may it continue i say. Your support and positive comments mean an aweful lot to us and make those extremely long days and nights all worth while.

I think in 10 years of organising this show this is the first time i have been humbled into appearing so soon on the forum after a show. It is also the first time i have seen an overwhelming number of great comments saying how much you enjoyed the show. And how do i ever begin to thank our wonderful crew. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

And if i appear overwhelmed by your comments what about the dinner.

It has to be the best one we have ever organised and my special thanks to Kirsty for taking all the flack and endlessly moving people around. Shabs, Idris,Duncan,Henry and Malcolm for putting on the visuals and Paul for linking it all together seamlessly.

So guys i am off now to sleep for a million years as i am sure i need it.

Thanks Again

Dave Phillips :YAHOO::YAHOO::D:P:thumbup::thumbup:

I had a fine old time, really did.

Thanks to all the crew who must have been shattered at the end.

Thanks for giving us the chance to meet all these guests year after year.

Thanks for doing the show up in Brum and not concentrating everything 'down south'.

Already looking forward to the next one.

All the best!

Hi Dave,

Well done for all your hard work. I realise something like this must take a huge amount of effort, and must take a lot out of you guys, but you do very good work and im glad people are showing their appreciation.

This is the first time i've attended Autographica(and depending on if im free, im more likely to attend again if its merged with Collectormania) and it was a good event. Between the 2 events, I only met 4 people, which is probably the least ive ever met at an event, but the quality of those 3 was superb. The lineup is the only reason I attend events, and well done to you and Jason for getting such people as Angus Lennie, George Kennedy, Ernest Borgnine, Ke Huy Quan and Sonny Landham. Long may it continue!

• Showmasters Admin

Who is Paul?

Paul compered at the gala dinner. In his spare time from preparing for this, he does a huge amount of backroom stuff,

Not only that but he is one of the owners and organisers of the show. It's funny how so many people don't realise that (including some of our crew :wub: ), and it's because Paul doesn't make a big deal of it. But Paul Jones is very much a part of what has made Autographica what it has become over the last couple of years.

Had to be one of the best shows yet. The line-up of guests was superb. Thank you to everyone who made it happen. There in one problem; we know the kind of guests you are capable of getting - so our expectations have gone up for even more amazing guests in September!!!

Thank you once again for such a great overall weekend. Loved every minute.

Edited by keithporter23