New clips from the new movie!

Lizzy

http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.ph.../?id=7774903715

You may have to be a fan of Trek on facebook to view this, not sure where else they are. Apart from the trailers, there is a scene with Kirk and McCoy and one with Spock, Kirk and Scotty.

I hate to say it, but it seems to be growing on me now!! Urban seems to totally get McCoy in that scene, and Quinto is spine tingling as Spock. There is a LOT of hype around this for a Trek movie- everywhere I look there are articles about it, even when I'm not looking for them! I really hope it does well tbh, the Trek franchise could do with a new pump of life.

I may even think about the new range of figures! Will keep a look out for them at the upcoming events this year!!

http://trekmovie.com/2009/04/13/playmates-...es-375-figures/

Thanks for posting these, I was able to view them even though I'm not listed as a fan of Star Trek on Facebook but I am registered.

I thought Karl Urban seemed very good in that scene, had the mannerisms right without making it a caricature, have to admit despite all my misgivings Chris Pine seemed OK as Kirk as well. Have to say though I'm still struggling with that one, I can't ever really imagine anyone else as Kirk!

It seemed Simon Pegg was talking in an English accent as well? Was that always planned? I really hope they don't turn Scotty into a pure comedy character, I know he always had his humour moments in the series but he was never an out and out clown.

Still overall looks very promising, lets just hope it delivers.

No probs CF :)

It seemed Simon Pegg was talking in an English accent as well?

In one trailer, I'm sure he has a Scottish accent, but it's possibly just not that strong- it is an American movie, so they can't have strong accents that they wouldn't understand!!

Urban has got the mannerisms spot on as you said, the hate of the transport and the way that came across was pure McCoy, and I wasn't expecting that at all. Pine I think is playing a very different Kirk to what we are used to- but I think that is the story- we see him "grow up", so he will be different.

In the most recent trailer on there, and the xxx scene (lol), is that an orion girl Kirk is with? My bf reckoned it is Uhura, but I don't think it looks like her (and I hope not for continuity reasons), and I think the bikini type thing looks like an orion one...

There was a secret screening in America... it was supposed to be the Wrath of Khan, but Nimoy turned up and showed the new movie, and some people loved it so much they were moved to tears as they weren't expecting it! Nothing but good reviews and good trailers so far!

• 2 weeks later...

In the most recent trailer on there, and the xxx scene (lol), is that an orion girl Kirk is with? My bf reckoned it is Uhura, but I don't think it looks like her (and I hope not for continuity reasons), and I think the bikini type thing looks like an orion one...

Wonders if I should admit to mis-reading that as 'onion girl'...probably not :YAHOO:

Looking forward to seeing the film. The casting choices look pretty spot on.

Yes I also thought it was Uhura. Probably because you also see her 'peeling' off in some of the trailers. However your thoughts of an orion has made me look again. You could be right. The lighting in that scene is not the best and its hard to tell but she does look a bit green. Although Kirk also looks a bit blue. Maybe he's cold...