LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT Scott Bakula

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After ten years of travelling back and forth to America to see Scott in various plays, it will be rather novel to just hop on a train to London and see him. And on my birthday, too, no less!

Those of you who haven't met him before are in for an absolute treat. He's a complete sweetheart, and is one of the most personable, approachable and kindest people I've ever met, actor or otherwise.

Every good thing you've heard about him? Take it and times it by ten.

After ten years of travelling back and forth to America to see Scott in various plays, it will be rather novel to just hop on a train to London and see him. And on my birthday, too, no less!

Those of you who haven't met him before are in for an absolute treat. He's a complete sweetheart, and is one of the most personable, approachable and kindest people I've ever met, actor or otherwise.

Every good thing you've heard about him? Take it and times it by ten.

Thanks Emma.

I have only seen hi m in quantum - i have never seen any interviews with him - so i wasn't sure what to expect.

have you met dean stockwell? what is he like? for some reason i expect him to be moody.

I've met Dean once, and yes, he was quiet, but very accomodating and friendly - and also jet-lagged, which probably accounted for the quietness.

Dean was going to attend a QL convention I helped organise in the States back in March, but had to pull out for work reasons, so instead he phoned the convention during Scott Bakula and Don Bellisario's panel, and spoke for a good twenty minutes. The connection between Scott and Dean was still there, even twenty years on.

If you want to see any interviews with Scott, check out quantumleap-alsplace.com - there's loads on there!

I've met Dean once, and yes, he was quiet, but very accomodating and friendly - and also jet-lagged, which probably accounted for the quietness.

Dean was going to attend a QL convention I helped organise in the States back in March, but had to pull out for work reasons, so instead he phoned the convention during Scott Bakula and Don Bellisario's panel, and spoke for a good twenty minutes. The connection between Scott and Dean was still there, even twenty years on.

If you want to see any interviews with Scott, check out quantumleap-alsplace.com - there's loads on there!

Thanks Emma.

Do you know why Scott doesn't come over to the UK more? Has he ever been over? Even for a private visit?

xjx

Thanks Emma.

Do you know why Scott doesn't come over to the UK more? Has he ever been over? Even for a private visit?

xjx

The last time he 'officially' came to the UK was, what, 1991-ish, when he appeared on TV-AM.

I'd imagine the main reason for his not coming over here would be his family. Trust me, his English fans have been bugging him for years to come over to England, and he always says he's been asked to do stuff over here, but things never quite work out.

Thanks Emma.

xjx

The last time he 'officially' came to the UK was, what, 1991-ish, when he appeared on TV-AM.

I'd imagine the main reason for his not coming over here would be his family. Trust me, his English fans have been bugging him for years to come over to England, and he always says he's been asked to do stuff over here, but things never quite work out.

thanks emma.

why do you think he is finally coming over here now? (apart from the money side)

does he 'know' you?

xjx

Thanks Emma.

xjx

thanks emma.

why do you think he is finally coming over here now? (apart from the money side)

does he 'know' you?

xjx

I've been to lots of his theatre runs in the States over the past ten years, and helped to organise a convention he attended, so yeah, I guess you could say he 'knows' me.

As for him finally coming over, I'd imagine it's just a matter of timing and his kids being that little bit older.

I know I keep saying it, but the man seriously is the nicest bloke in the world.

the excitment increases :pyth:

the days tick by :pyth:

soon the day will arrive and we can all go completely mad at the chance to meet Scott (and the other guests) :pyth:

watch out earls court we will be invading you soon :pyth:

the dude :pyth:

• 3 weeks later...