Is there any information on future events or guests?

Avengers7

• Showmasters Admin

Can I ask why the next Midlands show is on exactly the same dates as another organisers Birmingham NEC show?

well i do not know the dates of the other organisers' event as they have not been published yet but i did ask at the NEC and they said there was no event on like our event on that weekend

so can i ask you how you know it is on as there is nothing out there saying this ?

jason

Can I ask why the next Midlands show is on exactly the same dates as another organisers Birmingham NEC show?

well i do not know the dates of the other organisers' event as they have not been published yet but i did ask at the NEC and they said there was no event on like our event on that weekend

so can i ask you how you know it is on as there is nothing out there saying this ?

jason

Their dates have been published for some time now (on their website), which I can't provide a link to, of course.

Edited by mcgill

jason

The dates listed on their webpage

Yes, it will be interesting. Regardless of whether Showmasters bury their heads in the sand about events run by rival organisations (quote "there in no other event on that weekend that is like the events we run "), the fact that there are now two events in the same complex over the same weekend will be potentially fatal to them both. There are only so many guests (paying and celebrity) and dealers to go around.

I can see some truth in this (i.e. there's only so many dealers), but to be honest the other show you speak of is somewhat different to the shows SM run.

The one thing I will say is that from the point of view of the attendee, I don't see the problem. Come early March, I'll be looking at the guest lists for both, and I'll go to the SM one for the guests I want to meet there, and if there's a guest I particularly want to meet at the other show, I'll head over there and meet that guest. Done.

Given the choice I'd rather see a guest at an SM event - and before anyone jumps on that comment, I prefer SM events, for a lot of reasons, and I don't have to apologize for being partisan. But if there's a key guest over there for me, I'll go. So I get two chances to get some guests. Less isn't more - "more" is more. But at the end of the day, if I'm there, I'll be there for the SM event.

On top of that, given the fact that it's at the Metropole, I might even make a weekend of it, and stay over on the Saturday night :D

Yes - it's on their homepage Jason - top left.

Edited by MikeDonovan

Well if they are on the same dates, I guess I'll just have to go to both. It'll all depend on guests I suppose.

it could work out quite handy for me as well. I haven't attended spring events there before, but was considering it next year anyway.

• Showmasters Admin

Yes - it's on their homepage Jason - top left.

odd i just rang the NEC and asked as i do not spend time on other events sites i just get on with what we need to do here its the beast way anyway when i talked to them there was no conformed date for that event

if it is on this day then thats great for the fans and the the traders will do well to as i think most fans will do both events as its only 5 minits walk to both so every one should be happy

i cannot see an issue for any fan on this if it is a fact that both events are on the same weekend

jason

Well if they are on the same dates, I guess I'll just have to go to both. It'll all depend on guests I suppose.

Ah but who do you buy an early bird for and whose party do you go to (if the other one has a party even)?

i really hope they are both on the same weekend, my plan would be to go early and get early bird tickets for both or just book in advance ,thats £20 saved already.

a soon as its confirmed then i'm gonna book my train to save even more money.

Edited by gahab13

Personally, I hope that the events are on different weekends or changed to different weekends. I travel from Wales and like to make a day of things, y'know? Two rival events that I would like to attend on the same day.......things for people like me would be rushed.

If the SM event was like yesterday then I could get my half a dozen autos and be out of there within an hour - that can't be good for business. Me and my mates made it last yesterday but, in truth, we could have been back in Wales at just after midday if we'd left after getting our stuff signed.

Dealers and guests and punters all potentially choosing which event to do - potential minefield. Why ask if any similar shows are taking place if it doesn't matter?

I would still attend both events if they were on the same weekend but, considering some people are complaining about SM having too many shows and spreading themselves thin, having a SM event and a rival on the same days would be a worry. I wouldn't want another post-show thread from Jason explaining why things went wrong, I love the day after when everyone is buzzing from some great times!

I expect one of them will move dates between now and March. Makes it a bit of a farce otherwise.

It will be awkward getting to both events if you're just going on the one day.