Fellowship of The Ring

Narago

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howard is definitely doing a talk at 18:15 (well according to TORN)

and :WINCE::D:D

The Two Towers performance go on sale on the 13th April 2009. The performance dates are 23 and 24 April 2010. However, call the box office and quote Culture + offer 4306 and book early.

;)

aww dont know if i can get there that early as hubby will still be at work, may have to meet him there!!!

will def order tix for the two towers if i enjoy the fellowship next week, which i am sure i will :)

i was also in the arena and the seats were uncomfortable but i liked being close to the front so thought i would stick with the same seats, are the seats in the stalls nicer then, i wonder why?!!!

i was also watching the conductors screen every now and then, wasnt the music beautiful and the lady that did the solos was so good, unfortunately couldnt stay and meet howard as would have missed train home but hopefully he will do the same next year and i can get to see him, was he nice, did you get anything signed?

did you see the talk, i didnt get there till after 7pm so missed it!!!

Arrived in time for the talk which was a plus and, although not as in-depth as the one he did across the road at The Royal Academy several years ago, it was a good start to the evening. The concert was excellent and probably exceeded my expectations. How big was that drum!!

Would have liked to have got the Concert Poster or ticket signed but having previously got items signed at the Academy event decided against joining the huge queue. Well done Banished for meeting him though.

Looking forward to next years concert and then 2011 for Return of the King. Then its Hobbit time!!

i was also in the arena and the seats were uncomfortable but i liked being close to the front so thought i would stick with the same seats, are the seats in the stalls nicer then, i wonder why?!!!

Yeah I liked the view (was on the end of row 16) but am prepared to forgo that for a slightly more comfortable seat. Am in the front row of the stalls, more or less adjacent to where I was last night so it's all good

i was also watching the conductors screen every now and then, wasnt the music beautiful and the lady that did the solos was so good, unfortunately couldnt stay and meet howard as would have missed train home but hopefully he will do the same next year and i can get to see him, was he nice, did you get anything signed?

did you see the talk, i didnt get there till after 7pm so missed it!!!

Yep saw the talk, one or two interesting things to come out of it, not least the fact I'm gonna be getting the book when it comes out in October/November! The music (and soloist) were just brilliant weren't they? Would have liked to be able to see the percussion better from where I was, but hey ho. Howard was nice, but tired (it was gone midnight by the time I met him lol) and I did get the programme signed, so that can be the start of a new multi-item (cmon SMs, you know it makes sense!). I did miss my train home - cue 2 night buses and a half hour walk to the car lol.

OMG i was also in row 16, me and my hubby were in seats 29 & 30, where were you, could have been sitting right next to you and didnt even know!!!!!

lol I probably told you where your seats were - I was in seat 26 which was opposite the entrance gangway. It was confusing that the different parts of row 16 were not in the same place!!

Just got back from last night's performance, agree with everyone it was absolutely magical. The lady doing the solo's I thought was brilliant. I too kept watching the conductor's screen, finally worked out how he kept everything in time. Red band, then green band, pretty simple if you think about it!!

Agree the seats were horrible (I was sat in box's up above) something that did make me lol during the break while I was queuing up for drinks at half time.

Girlfriend to Boyfriend - that splinter

Boyfriend - you mean strider

Girlfriend - no splinter

Boyfriend - IT IS Strider

Girlfriend - Oh, OK i thought he was going to be a baddie???

Boyfriend - slight shake of the head (the girlfriend didn't spot it!!) in total dismay he is THE KING

Girlfriend: Stamps foot and says you've spoilt everything now, I havn't seen the other films, what are they called?? - and it is still splinter!!!!!

I then turn round and say "forget it mate, just smile" and enjoy the night!!

Classic, made me laugh all night :thumbup:

Just to make my night, queued up for Howard's signature for like an hour and a half and I said:

"Can you make it out to Andy please Howard", I then carry on talking and move aside to look down at my CD saying "For Wendy" - Best Wishes ;) Going to say Andrew from now on!!

The old fella got a nice picture of me getting my autograph so all is well, apart from the fact he is calling me Wendy now :thumbup:

OMG i was also in row 16, me and my hubby were in seats 29 & 30, where were you, could have been sitting right next to you and didnt even know!!!!!

lol I probably told you where your seats were - I was in seat 26 which was opposite the entrance gangway. It was confusing that the different parts of row 16 were not in the same place!!

aha so it was you was it, many thanks for that, it was very confusing how the rows were split up like that!!!!

if i had of known it was you i would have said hello, maybe next time we should wear name tags lol

ringsfan, i love that story about the girlfriend/boyfriend lol the poor guy, but maybe he should of got her to watch the films before going!!!!

yeah i got the green and red/purple bands, and the white circle which flashed in the middle of the picture, also noticed some of the orchestra watching the film when they werent playing and did you see the grey haired guy playing the cello he was getting well into it bless

The geezer playing the cello Narago - I think he thought he was a rockstar :D

It's funny you spot someone like that in the orchestra and then you keep going back to them, thought to myself crikey he's enjoying himself about a dozen times!!

I wish we could get at least one LOTR guest announcement for this year :D

The geezer playing the cello Narago - I think he thought he was a rockstar :P

It's funny you spot someone like that in the orchestra and then you keep going back to them, thought to myself crikey he's enjoying himself about a dozen times!!

I wish we could get at least one LOTR guest announcement for this year :poki:

Actually I thought the guy playing the cello on the outside of the 2nd desk (technical term!) was Bilbo in disguise!

lmao yeah he did look a bit like bilbo, its good to see someone enjoying their job!!

its true for whatever reason certain ppl catch your eye and you keep going back to them, it was really good though and i would love to go and see it all again!!

i cant remember the last time a lotr guest was announced, its a shame because there are still fans out there that would love to meet and greet these stars, keep your fingers crossed, you never know!!!!

Hi Banished from Rohan - I only go to SM events if there is a LOTR Guest announced, been to every show since day one where that has been the case, but last year it went downhill a bit, basically cause I think we were spolit - which was and has been great.

Please have a word with Jason at Invasion if you can. I keep on banging the drum as it is important to maintain LOTR on their radar. We ofcourse don't know if any actors are interested in appearing now ofcourse or that SM has not asked them to appear, so who knows??

I always back Jason up as he has given a lot of LOTR fans a lot of joy over the years so I prefer not to have a go ever, just keep politely asking............

Remember Brad last year, SM budgeted for open queue's right from the offset and the guy was swamped, virtually solid, not all day, but he was very busy. JRD is always busy when he does his once a year show.

I think there are plenty of people who will make most, if not all LOTR peeps busy for most of the day, as a lot of them havn't done anything for a few years with SM and lets face it, repeat guests attract new people through the door who ofcourse missed them last time round.

There are a few who have only done one show (Miranda/Bernard/David W) and there are still no show guests to try and get and quite a lot who have only done two shows in total over the years.

I miss going :D

I bloody well hope Abrams Inc gets John Noble and possibly Mr Monaghan....we wait and see..............

• 2 weeks later...