Latest Guest Announcement Andrew Sachs

showmasters

I mainly go to Autograhica for the Astronauts but I have a healthy respect for the actors like Andrew Sachs.

Who ever told Russell Brand and Jonathen Ross they were funny is mistaken, they are as funny as tooth ache, will they be still around when there in there 50's-60's-70's? I hope not...

I suspect very much that Jonathon Ross will still be around on tv in his later years and Russell Brand will either be a big movie star as he has been getting some very good acting gigs of late or hell probably be dead from too much of the old in and out.

Both are funny if maybe at times near the knuckle and any doubters of Brands ability to make people laugh should watch Ponderland on Thursday night....and im sure a lot more than now than usual will be doing.

Im sure the tabloids think they can finish Brand much like they did Barrymore but that isnt going to happen as Russell has a massive and loyal fan base and no closet homosexual has beeb found dead in RBs jacuzzi.....yet.

Its unfortunate that Mr Sachs is upset but the funniest thing in this whole business is Mr Sachs comment that 'It is God who forgives" when refering to Ross apology.

I am now going to chuck my colgate and toothbrush in the bin and stock up on the bon bons because this toothache thing will do for me if it is indeed as funny as msrs Ross and Brand.

Edited by vintageSW77

To coin a full metal jacket-ism I would now say Ross and Brand are heading towards a world of s***!

"PM Gordon Brown has criticised Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross for their "inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour" on Brand's radio show.

He said the BBC must take "appropriate action" over a series of prank calls made to Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs, and broadcast on 18 October.

The BBC and watchdog Ofcom have both launched investigations.

BBC audio and music director Tim Davie said it was "too early to speculate" on whether Brand or Ross will face action.

Voicemail messages

"This is clearly inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour, as is now widely recognised," Mr Brown said. "

That was on the BBC website

I mainly go to Autograhica for the Astronauts but I have a healthy respect for the actors like Andrew Sachs.

Who ever told Russell Brand and Jonathen Ross they were funny is mistaken, they are as funny as tooth ache, will they be still around when there in there 50's-60's-70's? I hope not...

I suspect very much that Jonathon Ross will still be around on tv in his later years and Russell Brand will either be a big movie star as he has been getting some very good acting gigs of late or hell probably be dead from too much of the old in and out.

Both are funny if maybe at times near the knuckle and any doubters of Brands ability to make people laugh should watch Ponderland on Thursday night....and im sure a lot more than now than usual will be doing.

Im sure the tabloids think they can finish Brand much like they did Barrymore but that isnt going to happen as Russell has a massive and loyal fan base and no closet homosexual has beeb found dead in RBs jacuzzi.....yet.

Its unfortunate that Mr Sachs is upset but the funniest thing in this whole business is Mr Sachs comment that 'It is God who forgives" when refering to Ross apology.

I am now going to chuck my colgate and toothbrush in the bin and stock up on the bon bons because this toothache thing will do for me if it is indeed as funny as msrs Ross and Brand.

Don’t bother, because if you find what they did to that man funny. Just sit back and laugh at the toothache of others…

I didnt say what they did was funny to Andrew Sachs but the pair of them do make a lot of people laugh and that is a fact.

Russell is only under contract to the beeb for his radio show and he hasnt much time to do that nowadays with his acting carrer taking off.

Will Adam Sandler and the guy behind SuperBad who have both cast him in movies recently give a hoot about this?

No...so i doubt Russells career is over and remember this is the guy who dressed us as Osama Bin Laden the day after 9/11 on his MTV show so the BBc knew what they were getting when they signed him up.

ITV will snap up Ross if he is sacked by the beeb which i doubt as he pretty much is their number 1 presenter and the beeb have always had their eye on him as a future Brucie/Parky....so no world of s*** for the pair im afraid.

The majority of people complaining again as per never listened to the actual show and whilst i was shocked(not in the way these witch hunt tossers are claiming )by Ross outburst i believe a mountain is being made out of a molehill and Gordon Brown should be concentrating on other more serious matters than this

Maybe he heard that Ross refered to himself as having a face "like a laughing dog" on the show earlier.

Im sure Sachs provocative dancing G daughter will be getting them out for the Sun and Nuts pretty soon and this will no doubt please all the Spanish waiters of the 70s regarding Mr Sachs portrayal of themselves in the 70s.

Edited by vintageSW77

Apparently the BBC have now suspended them both pending an investigation.

I think this thing has possibly got a bit out of control, I can't help but agree that the majority of complaints on this have been made by people jumping on the bandwagon.

Maybe in the long run it will be no bad thing, Brand will probably make his leap to Hollywood full time now where no one will care about this, and Ross probably did need something like this to check his ego a bit. I have to say over the last year his TV show has become practically unwatchable with him talking over his guests all the time.

Ironically I saw an advert for his new book yesterday that I think was called something like "Was it Something I said"!

I didnt say what they did was funny to Andrew Sachs but the pair of them do make a lot of people laugh and that is a fact.

Russell is only under contract to the beeb for his radio show and he hasnt much time to do that nowadays with his acting carrer taking off.

Will Adam Sandler and the guy behind SuperBad who have both cast him in movies recently give a hoot about this?

No...so i doubt Russells career is over and remember this is the guy who dressed us as Osama Bin Laden the day after 9/11 on his MTV show so the BBc knew what they were getting when they signed him up.

ITV will snap up Ross if he is sacked by the beeb which i doubt as he pretty much is their number 1 presenter and the beeb have always had their eye on him as a future Brucie/Parky....so no world of s*** for the pair im afraid.

The majority of people complaining again as per never listened to the actual show and whilst i was shocked(not in the way these witch hunt tossers are claiming )by Ross outburst i believe a mountain is being made out of a molehill and Gordon Brown should be concentrating on other more serious matters than this

Maybe he heard that Ross refered to himself as having a face "like a laughing dog" on the show earlier.

Im sure Sachs provocative dancing G daughter will be getting them out for the Sun and Nuts pretty soon and this will no doubt please all the Spanish waiters of the 70s regarding Mr Sachs portrayal of themselves in the 70s.

It wasnt funny and neither are they. Hopefully this whole incident will have quashed their egos.

You have to ask yourself - would you think it was funny if it happened to you. I suspect the answer to be no.

It wasnt funny and neither are they. Hopefully this whole incident will have quashed their egos.

You have to ask yourself - would you think it was funny if it happened to you. I suspect the answer to be no.

I wouldnt know as i havent got a grandaughter in a band called THE SATANIC SLUTS who had a 1 night stand with the most notorious shagger out there.

The funniest thing is Mr Sachs doesnt seem that mithered and has accepted the apologies.

Its a witch hunt led by the usual suspects who have never heard the Russell Brand show thats a fact and Brown and Cameron getting involved is almost BRASS EYE.

• Showmasters Admin

If it happened to me, I probably wouldn't find it funny at first, but MAY see the funny side later. But more to the point would you find it funny if it happen to a 78 year old relative of yours, like you grandfather. I know I'd be bloody livid if some prat had done that to one of my grandfathers when they were alive.

Whilst it was stupid and irresponsible, the whole thing has been blown out of all proportion. Mr Sachs seems to have accepted things but the media still have to have their day.

From what I know (not much) only several complaints were received during the broadcast the rest have all been bandwagon.

There are far more important things in life and to be honest I'm sure he has gone through worse things with his grandaughter!!

From what I know (not much) only several complaints were received during the broadcast the rest have all been bandwagon.

Or to put another slant on it, only sevral complaints were originally made, from the original audience, but after the details became known, a number of people who did not hear the original shows, but as licence-payers felt offended that their money was being spent in this way, decided to object.

Personally I didn't hear the original show, but as a license-payer I feel let down that such childishly offensive humour was basically condoned by the production team (let alone perpetrated by the twosome in question) that I was tempted to complain. I have no wish to hobble the BBC and make it only do "safe" stuff, and I would want them to go on being "edgy", and I generally like Jonathan Ross (although I find Russell Brand about as funny as cotdeath), but thought that this was puerile crap that shouldn't have made it past the first edit.

Its a witch hunt and thats all it is

Lets all live in a land where Cowell,his bunch of Saturday night nobodies,Milly Cirus and high school musical "Look mom NO GENITALS!" are king.

Jonathon Ross the highest paid person at the bbc and Russell Brand an at times elequent and other times filthly funny comedian who has slept with the kind of women most blokes can only crack one off over.

Its obvious why people want to bring them down.

Its a witch hunt and thats all it is

Lets all live in a land where Cowell,his bunch of Saturday night nobodies,Milly Cirus and high school musical "Look mom NO GENITALS!" are king.

Jonathon Ross the highest paid person at the bbc and Russell Brand an at times elequent and other times filthly funny comedian who has slept with the kind of women most blokes can only crack one off over.

Its obvious why people want to bring them down.

They were both awful entertainers anyway!

They were both awful entertainers anyway!

Rubbish

Tell me Reddragon who do you find funny

im curious

Yoiu say "were" as if they are finished.

Ponderland is still airing tonight on 4 and Ross i very much doubt will be sacked.

Edited by vintageSW77

Who do I find funny?

Many people. Unfortunately, not these 2. Give me Harry Hill before them, at least you can laugh at and with him.

Maybe "were" was the wrong word to use. Brand will go on to Hollywood and Rossy will get out of this somehow.

Edited by reddragon

I like Harry Hill but he has embraced the mainstream somewhat.

However there was a gag about an african aids orphanage and he did have Hitler fighting with Heather Mills on the not as good as it used to be TV Burp so all is not lost.

So lets have a look at the whole thing.

Brand sleeps with girl from Burlesque group called Satanic Sluts and is a wholesome human being therefore.

Brand/Ross record the show, and ask Sachs for permission, permission denied, but broadcast anyway.

Two people complain on the night.

8 days later, after no further complaints, Mail on Sunday who naturally have no axes to grind with Ross, Brand or BBC do article on it.

Dirt hits the fan....

Yep, it's a Brass Eye bandwagon jumper, take a choice on episode, Cake, or that one suggesting paedos can control kiddies computers etc etc.

Or Jerry Springer the Opera... 45 thousand complaints BEFORE broadcast, thanks to Jeremy Vine and the Christian Funda Mentalists.

Sachs accepted both apologies that were made in private, but the meeja want PUBLIC apologies... Why?

Was there really this much axe grinding desire for retribution when Kenneth Williams etc talked in Polari on Beyond the Horne, or Frost did his stuff on TW3?

They did go a bit too far this time, but as has been noted here there are a few facts that aren't being very well reported : -

a) She's a burlesque dancer in a troupe called "The Satanic Sluts"

b ) She did have a sexual relationship with Russell Brand

c) The producer of the show actually played the segment down the phone to Sachs the morning before the broadcast to get his ok to play it.

d) The total number of complaints from actual listeners of the broadcast was 2 - and that was because of Ross's use of the work f**k, not the content. The remaining 17,998 complaints came after the Daily Mail ran the story.

Like I say, they went a bit far. But let's not forget the fact that she is shamelessly milking this for her 15 minutes of fame, and has already made a fair amount from the redtops from this story. As Vintage says, I have no doubt she'll be in Nuts or Zoo in a couple of weeks. I have some sympathy for Sachs - no-one wants to hear that sort of thing about a grand-daughter - but it's not clear to me why he didn't just say "Don't play it"??

Certainly there's no doubt this has turned into a witch-hunt. What bothers me most is that we're now in a world where people who didn't even listen to the show can cause it to come off-air. Yet another democratic victory against free speech?

Edited by MikeDonovan

c) The producer of the show actually played the segment down the phone to Sachs the morning before the broadcast to get his ok to play it.

I have some sympathy for Sachs - no-one wants to hear that sort of thing about a grand-daughter - but it's not clear to me why he didn't just say "Don't play it"??

If you go to the BBC website and listen to the interview they have with Andrew Sachs you'll find that he did in fact ask them not to make the broadcast but they ignored his wishes and broadcast it anyway.

I think its stupid all they said was the truth and now shes gone and sold her story to the paper so really shes the "disgusting one" I like both Ross and Brand. Brand hardly did his show anyway and has a bright future what I will support. If BBC sack Ross there stupid as he will just go to itv and it will be there loss. I listened to the show and didn't find it offensive especially as sacks heard it before it aired and bbc aired it anyways thats not ross or brands fault thats there fault. I think its been blown out of proportion and shows how pathetic some people can be.

Edited by selby

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, its awful of her to do that- trivialises what the whole argument was about! We all say and joke about things in the heat of the moment we regret- what shouldn't have happened is that the producers aired it regardless.