Sir Ian Confirms for The Hobbit!

Narago

well title says it all really, read in the paper yesterday that Sir Ian has confirmed to play Gandalf again in the new Hobbit film, who else from the LOTR trilogy will also star i wonder?? :D

Was this the actor himself confirming, or the actual official announcement that he will reprise his role?

The reason I ask is that McKellan did an interview many months ago where he said that the day he is asked to reprise the role of Gandalf for the forthcoming Hobbit films he will answer YES immediately.

I am finding that newspapers have, in recent months, been weeks and months behind announcements that have come out officially some time before. Gone are the days of newspapers printing rumours and turning out to be correct. I laughed when The Sun newspaper printed a story about a particular actress turning up in a soon to be released tv series in the UK, yet it had printed the same article on it's website over 2 months before. :o

I hope the film has the same feeling as the LOTR trilogy now that PJ won't be directing.

He may not be directing, but he is an executive producer. The question is, is it a hands on role, or just a title to make him smile and think he has involvement? Mind you, it would be business suicide to take The Hobbit in a different direction as regards the whole LOTR feeling as the two films are meant to lead up to the trilogy.

well title says it all really, read in the paper yesterday that Sir Ian has confirmed to play Gandalf again in the new Hobbit film, who else from the LOTR trilogy will also star i wonder?? :wub:

Was this the actor himself confirming, or the actual official announcement that he will reprise his role?

The reason I ask is that McKellan did an interview many months ago where he said that the day he is asked to reprise the role of Gandalf for the forthcoming Hobbit films he will answer YES immediately.

I am finding that newspapers have, in recent months, been weeks and months behind announcements that have come out officially some time before. Gone are the days of newspapers printing rumours and turning out to be correct. I laughed when The Sun newspaper printed a story about a particular actress turning up in a soon to be released tv series in the UK, yet it had printed the same article on it's website over 2 months before. ^_^

:thumbup: the paper just said sir ian had agreed to reprise his role as gandalf!!!

well title says it all really, read in the paper yesterday that Sir Ian has confirmed to play Gandalf again in the new Hobbit film, who else from the LOTR trilogy will also star i wonder?? :YAHOO:

I am finding that newspapers have, in recent months, been weeks and months behind announcements that have come out officially some time before. Gone are the days of newspapers printing rumours and turning out to be correct. I laughed when The Sun newspaper printed a story about a particular actress turning up in a soon to be released tv series in the UK, yet it had printed the same article on it's website over 2 months before. :D

:crying: the paper just said sir ian had agreed to reprise his role as gandalf!!!

No worries. I was just wondering as it was something that came up a while back. Mind you, I have seen things months after they were first announced, but I didn't know that they had been announced months ago. I guess it is a case of being in the right place at the right time.

• 2 weeks later...