Guinness Book of Records record breaking attempt at LFCC

showmasters

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do we have to register IN costumes? Or can we register, let's say, in the morning, then go to change clothes at the hotel and come back at 3 o'clock with the costume on? Because mine will be very hot and i certainly don't intent to wear it more than a half hour...before i die ;)

By the way, Earl's court is air conditioned right? :WAVE:

Ah i was going to try and resist but my home made Darth Vader outfit hasnt been out for a run since the major ice hockey finals...so why not....anything to twirl a lightsaber.....and yes i will be a short, female Darth Vader but hey ho...it was a cheap costume to make on a whim lol.

hello I'll be there whit my TK-stormtrooper costume I'am the members of the 501st Legion so my question is which record do You wanna breaking?

I ask because during the Rose Parade in USA there were official over 500 members of the 501st Legion alone.

Anyway see You there :firedevil:

Im not a member of a costuming group, but ill be there as Vader... if I can get it all finished in time! :)

Hi was it you that I spoke to about joining our group? I think it might have been just after or before the record attempt. You said you toke a pic of our banner for the web and email address. If I am right about this being you are you still looking to join the group?

Please email me at:

empirecostumegroup@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks allot,

Sean Keating C/O

Empire Costume Group

We now need pictures! There were hundreds of flashes everywhere but i can't find any pic at the moment?

some pictures and videos can be found here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=41400 there is also a video of us all filing in to Earls Court 1 on youtube here:

- I'm in the video 3 times lol :(

I hope this helps.

Quinny

Edited by Quinny83

Does anyone know if we actually broke the record officially then? I also wondered were we supposed to get our certs signed by someone, or just write our own names on?
From what I gather, there was never a record to break in the first place, therefore however many people we had turn up actually created the record ! :(

:vader:

Does anyone know if we actually broke the record officially then? I also wondered were we supposed to get our certs signed by someone, or just write our own names on?
From what I gather, there was never a record to break in the first place, therefore however many people we had turn up actually created the record ! :P

what is was is that we are the first people to do a record with the guinness officials present thus creating an official world record. I think the numbers will be somewhere over the 200 mark at least.

:blink::D

Edited by Quinny83

:vader:
From what I gather, there was never a record to break in the first place, therefore however many people we had turn up actually created the record ! :YAHOO:

what is was is that we are the first people to do a record with the guinness officials present thus creating an official world record. I think the numbers will be somewhere over the 200 mark at least.

:vader::smile:

We didn't know until just before the attempt (literally few mins beforehand) that there was not a current record. So yes at the end of the day we DID set the world record for most people in Star Wars costumes in one place. I didn't see the attempt myself as I was pinned down looking after VQ tickets for Patrick Stewart, but i did hear that it was a sight to behold.. easily 300 people, possibly more. I'd love to see a picture of it.

I was hoping we would of had an official announcement at some point this week. Still not to worry but isnt there suppossed to be a Hi Res picture coming online at some point of the main picture taken last Sunday? Ha sit all ready been put on else where on the forum?

I was hoping we would of had an official announcement at some point this week. Still not to worry but isnt there suppossed to be a Hi Res picture coming online at some point of the main picture taken last Sunday? Ha sit all ready been put on else where on the forum?

If there is one, I can't find it.

I agree that it would be nice to hear something official, though.

I could of sworn i read/heard somewhere that guinness would be contacting Jason within the week following the attempt, then Jason would post up the images. Well it's been a week now, where are the pics?

I've E-mailed Showmasters directly asking when we can expect to see the photos, however that was about 10pm yesterday - so no reply yet, I'll let you know if and when they E-mail.

Edited by Quinny83

come on, SM.........

what's the verdict?????????????

did we? didn't we?

any photo's??????????????????????/

it was such a pain in the a** to drive for 3 hours, then dress up as a stormtrooper, it would be nice to hear SOMETHING!

Edited by nobby the collector