Cancellation of Better Than Life

Exactly, if my tastes extend to marching about to a 'pop' record, possibly Leader of the Pack, whilst smeared in marzipan, then I should be allowed to do that, if the neighbours happened to be offended by it then more fool them for looking in through the windows, even though technically I had invited them round and forgotten they were there but thats not the point.

Vroom vroom

Edited by Count Fooku

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK we had hoped to have been able to have pulled this off but with only 29 tickets sold 14 of them being gold it is impossible to try to run this event

we had hoped to try and at least run the event with around 170 people 70 of them being gold which would have made it happen and we would have covered the costs of the event but with only 29 this is not posable

we are not happy having to cancel the event as we are big fans of Red Dwarf and get along with the cast very well , we are also going to lose a lot on the hotel as well as we have to pay them if the event happens or not so all in all its bad news for us all

refunds will be going out soon

we will be bringing as many the cast to LFCC now and we will be offering the people that booked and supported us on this a free photo shoot. More to come as soon as it is agreed with the cast

once again we are sorry for this and lets hope more fans get behind the next Red Dwarf event who ever runs it to help keep Red Dwarf alive .

jason :YAHOO:

If you want to know why so few fans were enthusiastic about this event, you might want to read this thread:

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/webboard/wbpx.dll/read?361889,5

You still have to sign in, and then you just go back to the root. Can someone just tell us which section to look in ?

I don't know what section, but if you click the 'Sign in as Guest' option to go to the forums once, then click on DavidB's link, it works.

It did for me anyway. Perhaps I'm just special.

• Moderators

Ah maybe that's why it worked for me, as I did go through all the 'guest' business earlier on to find the topic :jason:

So yeah ... do what he said :o

Otherwise it's something like Garbage Pod - Cat and Rimmer at ...

Edited by DavidB

I am in no way surprised - show specific cons with the exception of Eclipse 1 seem to struggle to sell tickets and the reason is simple. The calibre of guests at the show specific cons are not as good as those at multi-show cons.

Also, red dwarf is balls!

Note, I would not be surprised in anyway if the upcoming aftermath convention was cancelled - noone cares about cornflakes7 or what it is called!

Ah that was the "adult" with the pokemon av that I thought was rather helpful with one of his past posts. It just goes to show you something. He is a Kn0b. That is my constrictive post on the matter.

I LOVE RD

Had this event had been properly organised I would have made the effort. A cast reunion with a decent A3 poster would be so cool. Then SM can slot supporting characters around the other shows.

RD is not dead, nor is it balls. I think it has a my diverse fan base that alot of the stuff that goes on at these shows.

If anyone can pull off a RD convention, for the fans, thats properly organised then the numbers will be there and I can`t wait :D

Can I just add my support for a future Red Dwarf convention....

I love red Dwarf and so does the majority of my friends - we did infact go to a RD convention a couple of years ago and there was about 600 guests there!

I could not go to this convention due to being in France with my in laws but if not I probably would have gone to this event...

Red Dwarf is a great show so please can we have an event later on in the year - Oh and can you get Craig Charles please!!!

so we've weeded out a few new twerps to avoide at future events....right.

i think there is a future in show cons, you have to remember that the whole set up for these is relitivly new, once word gets out how good the cons are the fan base will grow.

like i said if i had had more time i would be there .

me and lizzy can compaire injuries in the corner...

Aw... I'd try and say something more encouraging, but I'm tired and keep making typos so it may sound just more creepy... I was gona say "aw don't worry, we'll smother you in *hugs* instead"... but that doesn't sound too nice either :crying: