How did you find Autographica 11.

ForAllMankind

Loved the venue, guys you need to find a venue like that at Heathrow, it put the Radison to shame in terms of layout and everything being in one place.

Dave Scott and Jim where so nice, where happy for photos to be taken with them well worth the money i spent.

Alexi what a legend so happy to be there so happy to talk.

Richard Herd, now what a pro, I said that I like one scene in seaquest and within two seconds was redoing the lines in front of me. Legend.

Great time all round, thanks Dave and SHowmasters.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another quick snaggy question - why weren't MSPG present?

I'll be honest, I don't know. I was surprised not to see Mick there.

They were certainly listed on the programme as being in attendance.

Maybe they spent the weekend catching up on all their ebay orders or dealing with emails from customers!

If you signed up where I think you are talking about, I would ban you anyway :)

... and maybe it's not you he wants to tell these things :thumbup:

I've already had a level-headed and fair correspondence from him now anyway, so it doesn't particularly matter what you say now. It's refreshing to have someone directly contact me, rather than slag me off elsewhere without giving me a chance to respond (which clearly you're happy to support).

I've been a member of previous incarnations of said place, without ever causing problems, so the idea you would ban me just for signing up is ridiculous :poki:

I'm sorry to intrude on the Autographica thread, but I have to say this... James, Fulcrum, even Duf, why are you people being so horrible- not just on here but behind people's backs? I've just had a hell of a weekend with a family bereavement, and I come on here and just see people picking on each other, and what is the point? Is there any need at all to be so nasty to people? After all, we're only human- we all have feelings. I've had an awful time this weekend, so much so I've even lost weight from it, and at times like this I find that you see people for what they really are. I've had DavidB being sweet and talking to me through it all, and I come here and see people needlessly spitting venom for him only trying to answer another question... and tell me, if it was the same post but by another user, would it really have given cause for this reaction?

There are much more important things in life, and you should all learn to treat others how you wish to be treated, because they have lives and feelings too.

I thought Autographica 11 was absolutely fantastic!!

There were some really great guests, and I found them all very friendly and chatty.

For me, one of the most memorable moments of the whole weekend was meeting Luciana Paluzzi, and sitting next to her at the dinner. I even got a big hug and a kiss from her on Sunday morning! :wub:

The hotel was very comfortable, and a great venue for an autograph show.

I'd give Autographica 11 a well-deserved 10/10.

These are all the guests I met:

Lindsay Wagner.

Tony Curtis.

Luciana Paluzzi.

Richard Herd.

Bettina Le Beau.

Mollie Peters.

Dave Scott.

Jim McDivitt.

Alexey Leonov.

Robin Horsfall.

Karl Heinz Decker.

Paul Darrow.

Helmut Maros.

Martine Beswick.

Paul Stassino.

Caroline Munro.

Margaret Nolan.

Thank you SM for a really great weekend. :P:o;):YAHOO:

Linda & I thoroughly enjoyed the venue, the drinks reception, the show, our room and all the friends old and new that dropped by 'The Space Station'.

As veggies, we were really pleased with the meal on Saturday night: scrummy! And Molly was a wonderful dinner companion!

To those of you who haven't been to an Autographica event, I would just say: you really should try to attend in October at Heathrow or next year back at the Metropole!

Thanks Jason & Dave: you're stars!

David Bryant,

www.thespace-station.com

Hi

We were the stall holders next to you ( Mick & Linda )

For my 1st show, I could not wish to have had better company, help and advice.

Warmest regards my friend

Does any one know the stallholder who was in the far corner of the dealers hall to the left of the Autographs at Autografica (sp?) stand? (Enter the hall, go to your far right he was the last stall holder along this wall)

I told a friend they had an autograph she may have wanted. We tried getting hold of her on the day, but her phone was turned off. Turns out today that she wants the autograph. So if anyone has any contact details for this person please let me know.

Thanks

Obi

Btw, didn't James the Horse try to suggest that getting the pilots etc would be a wate of time? Ok they never exactly had long queues, but the talk on Saturday was very interesting, and humbling. And God wasn't Ken a character!

That debate is history now.

I’m just glad those who met them, had a great experiences.

Sales figures will possibly reflect how successful the booking was.

Personally, I hope ‘military fans’ get future opportunities, but maybe not to the same scale as this show, if only so we have more diversity in the guest list.

Hi

We were the stall holders next to you ( Mick & Linda )

For my 1st show, I could not wish to have had better company, help and advice.

Warmest regards my friend

Totally mutual!

Glad you had a good Autographica! There is NOTHING like it in the UK!

And your autos were to DIE for! If only I were as rich as Paul Williams..... LOL!

David & Linda

www.thespace-station.com

Does any one know the stallholder who was in the far corner of the dealers hall to the left of the Autographs at Autografica (sp?) stand? (Enter the hall, go to your far right he was the last stall holder along this wall)

I told a friend they had an autograph she may have wanted. We tried getting hold of her on the day, but her phone was turned off. Turns out today that she wants the autograph. So if anyone has any contact details for this person please let me know.

Thanks

Obi

Hi

My stand was in a corner. It was the stand that had the 12 moonwalkers framed item, dont know if you saw it.

I was next to the space station. If it was my stall, Ill give you my details but respect that i dont want to sound like im advertising. Best wishes, Mick ps, what was the autograph your friend was wanting, I may be able to let you know if it was me .

Sorry, but the 'boat house at Hereford' question was one I put to Robin Horsfall. He gave quite a detailed answer after I explained the significance.. It depended basically upon which venue you were talking about.. tin shacks or the replacement sites..

He didn't recall any during his time there..

Btw Kiwi7, seen any Italian Americans try to sell you an incomplete movie script recently. Yes, we lucked out on dinner host, didn't we :)

Sorry, but the 'boat house at Hereford' question was one I put to Robin Horsfall. He gave quite a detailed answer after I explained the significance.. It depended basically upon which venue you were talking about.. tin shacks or the replacement sites..

He didn't recall any during his time there..

I guessed as much! I have spent a bit of time round Hereford, not a large amount of time but I had a friend who lived round there, and I can't ever recall seeing a boathouse! Not to say there isnt one of course!

Thanks

Obi

Hi

My stand was in a corner. It was the stand that had the 12 moonwalkers framed item, dont know if you saw it.

I was next to the space station. If it was my stall, Ill give you my details but respect that i dont want to sound like im advertising. Best wishes, Mick ps, what was the autograph your friend was wanting, I may be able to let you know if it was me .

Hi Mick,

It was an 8 x10 of Slash from Guns n' Roses. I'm not sure I saw a moonwalkers framed item on the stall. If this was not you, thanks for replying anyway.

Obi

yeah - it was OK... I still feel there are a couple of areas where improvements can be made.

SECURITY - this is slack... all it takes is for someone to be talking to 'the man at the door', and anyone could walk in...

GUEST SIGNAGE - It would be nice to have details of the Guests (Name, Films, Price) stuck on the wall above each person.

Also - I'm not sure if this has been brought up before... but It would be great to offer special discounts to people getting like 5 or more or 10 or more autographs from a guest. I dunno - something like buy 5 get 1 free... Or maybe even something like a voucher book...?!

Thank you to everybody - this was my first Autographica and I loved every second. Still cannot believe I am sitting here with a pile of autographs from Tony Curtis and a pic with him too!!

Thanks to the organisers and staff who were all so very helpful and friendly. I'm already looking forward to the next event.

Thanks

Obi

Hi

Hi Mick,

It was an 8 x10 of Slash from Guns n' Roses. I'm not sure I saw a moonwalkers framed item on the stall. If this was not you, thanks for replying anyway.

Obi

Hi Again

Sorry it was not my stall and I cannnot help. Hope you find it mate.

Mick

• Moderators

Hello everyone

Well thank you all for the mostly great comments.

You all sound like you had a great time. We certainly put a huge amount of effort and planning into this show and i hope most of you noticed it. Both Jason and i have taken your comments on board good and bad. That is how the forum is supposed to work for only by your telling us what you think can we improve.

I read your comments on the forum early hours of sunday morning (and i do mean early) and we acted on those comments which needed attention.

Sometimes organising the logistics of a show can be incredibly hard and putting this whole thing together takes an aweful lot of effort and a good deal of physical work. To hear all those good comments makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks you to all those that attended and one special thank you to our fantastic crew.

The crew worked every bit as hard as ourselves and i cannot praise them enough.

To quote that old classic. You can,t please all of the people all of the time.

But i think we pleased most of you.

Dave Phillips

I must admit, it was my first full Autographica, and definitely worth another try, but my holidays are booked up before next time. Having done a few Collectormanias, and the unnamed show... plus getting late to one Autographica, its a question of whats best, meeting the celebs, or seeing the dealers and finally buying items you've been thinking about (even if you do leave them behind the desk... ).

Funniest thing of the weekend? chatting in the bar after the dinner with other folks dressed up. They'd been at 'The Tile Association' dinner, and they had Rory Bremner hosting their dinner. The guys asked me who we had.

Tony Curtis?

They shut up then.... LOL! :)

Btw, can I vote for Bremner instead of Darrow next time. Darrow was so quiet when he needed to be loud, and loud, when, err, not...