Guest cancellations most up to date list

Dave Phillips

• Moderators

Hello everyone

Well it happens sometimes and we have lost a few guests this year.

Here is the most up to date list of non attendees.

Sergai Krikalev and Valerie Tokarev have been unable to get a Visa granted by the British Government.

Even though we had arranged this 6 months ago the government have changed in the last month the procedure for obtaining a Visa for Cosmonauts. The result is that we have lost two of our cosmonauts. Our apologies but it really is completely out of our control.The good news is Alexei has his Visa and will be with us.

Kenny Baker, Is still in hospital making a slow recovery and will not attend. We all wish him the very best for a swift return to his normal chirpy self. I will personally miss him this year as in past years he was often seen surrrounded by a crowd of astronauts telling some of his endless funny stories in the bar.

Richard Todd. After trying numerous times we have finally given up trying to get him for this show. At one point we were certain we had him and then we didn,t.

Fingers crossed everyone but that is all so far as of this morning.

Sergai Krikalev and Valerie Tokarev have been unable to get a Visa granted by the British Government.

Bad luck Dave. Please keep these two in mind for the future.

If they had been illegal immegrants or assylum seekers, there would not have been a problem.

It's a shame about Richard Todd but I'm getting the idea he perhaps wasn't really suited to Autographica, sounds like he's perhaps not really one for interacting too much.

No great surprise about Kenny Baker either but the most important thing is he gets better.

• Moderators

It's a shame about Richard Todd but I'm getting the idea he perhaps wasn't really suited to Autographica, sounds like he's perhaps not really one for interacting too much.

No great surprise about Kenny Baker either but the most important thing is he gets better.

We have had him twice before but i am aware that many showmasters people have not seen him. So we will work on him for the next one.

We have had him twice before but i am aware that many showmasters people have not seen him. So we will work on him for the next one.

Hope that didnt come over like I was grumbling, I'd really like to meet him at a show sometime. I think if anything I'm trying to pretend I'm not bothered about him cancelling this time!

Is there absolutely no chance of him appearing this weekend? Maybe offer him a bit more cash?

• Moderators

If they've tried (which Dave said they had), then I'm sure he won't be coming.

As we don't know the details, all I can say is that money isn't always the answer to everything .. plus you can't just keep throwing more and more cash at someone. A deal has to be reasonable on both sides.

If they've tried (which Dave said they had), then I'm sure he won't be coming.

As we don't know the details, all I can say is that money isn't always the answer to everything .. plus you can't just keep throwing more and more cash at someone. A deal has to be reasonable on both sides.

Misssttttrrrrraa Know it all....

• Moderators

Just talking from experience - I've known a few potential guests that have been happy to come, but the negotiations keep going back and forth on pricing .. wanting more and more money .. eventually it has to stop somewhere.

And sometimes, the agent says yes, tells the guest and they say no, but not in a good enough time. Or they both said deff yes, then Dave wasn't able to get hold of them to check flights etc...

Bloody useless Labour Government :angry: , why can't they have Visa's? Are they a threat?? I was really looking forward to meeting these chaps, so much for good will between nations when there's toss pots in government,

Regards and bests to all esp. Sergai Krikalev and Valerie Tokarev :WAVE:

von Dawson's Express

PS Who voted this shower of idiots in to power any way? I can't find any one who admits to this, perhaps there autographs would be worth something? :(

Bad luck Dave. Please keep these two in mind for the future.

If they had been illegal immegrants or assylum seekers, there would not have been a problem.

I am so bummed out about the cancellation of the cosmonauts.... as I really was looking forward to meeting them. I know if guests cancel there isn't much that Dave and SM can do, I just hope that there are no further cancellations... and in particular from the Space guest line-up!

I want you all to have a think about our stupid governments decision.

Sergei Krikalyev* was commander of Helen Sharman's mission to Mir in May 1991. The UK Government would not fund it, British industry was equally pathetic and yet the Russians funded her flight.

Yes, the Russians paid for a subject of this country to fly in to space,

for free...

Now they say Mr. Krikalyev is not allowed in the UK, what a gracious country we live in...

http://www.astronautix.com/flights/mirjuno.htm

One day something will happen between the west and Russia and these silly idiots in power will bleat and moan 'I wonder what went wrong...'

You heard it here first...

Regards all

von Dawson's Express

* Helen Sharman's spelling, she should know....

It looks like Bernard Cribbins and Alexandra Bastedo have cancelled. I've just checked the Terry Nation convention website for any updates, and in the Guests Stars section it says they have cancelled. A new guest has been added though, Nicholas Smith who appeared in Are You Being Served?.