Latest Announcement Richard Todd OBE - CANCELLED!

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Latest guest announcement Richard Todd OBE

Richard Todd served as an officer and paratrooper in the British 6th Airborne Division during the Second World War. One of the first British officers to land in Normandy on D-Day, he met up with Major John Howard on Pegasus Bridge. After the war he became a very well known actor with his defining role being that of Guy Gibson in the classic film 'Dambusters'.

The Longest Day - Maj. John Howard

D-Day the Sixth of June - Lt. Col. John Wynter

The Dam Busters - Wing Commander Guy Gibson, V.C., D.S.O., D.F.C.

The Story of Robin Hood - Robin Hood 1952

The Virgin Queen - Sir Walter Raleigh

Doctor Who (TV series)1982 4 episodes called Kinda playing Sanders

w237.jpg

Dam_Busters.jpg

Richard Todd in the British 6th Airborne Division on Pegasus Bridge

pegasuscaption1.jpg

http://imdb.com/name/nm0865262/

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Good news - both in terms of the opportunity to meet him again, and also in terms of him being well enough to attend. I'd heard that he wasn;t all that well, so it's good to hear that he's OK to attend the event.

One of my prized items is a British War DVD box set signed by him, Sir John Mills, Donald Sinden and Sylvia Syms.

Well done to all involved!

I have been watching a 3 hour video set some one lent me '80th Anniversary of the RAF' and it has Richard Todd introducing various parts of it! In September I am presenting a talk to my local astronomical society about the Peenemunde raid and a nice signed picture of Mr. Todd as Guy Gibson would be excellent. What pictures will be available? Any with him stood next to a Lancaster?

Regards and best wishes to all

von Dawson's Express

Latest guest announcement Richard Todd OBE

Richard Todd served as an officer and paratrooper in the British 6th Airborne Division during the Second World War. One of the first British officers to land in Normandy on D-Day, he met up with Major John Howard on Pegasus Bridge. After the war he became a very well known actor with his defining role being that of Guy Gibson in the classic film 'Dambusters'.

The Longest Day - Maj. John Howard

D-Day the Sixth of June - Lt. Col. John Wynter

The Dam Busters - Wing Commander Guy Gibson, V.C., D.S.O., D.F.C.

The Story of Robin Hood - Robin Hood 1952

The Virgin Queen - Sir Walter Raleigh

Doctor Who (TV series)1982 4 episodes called Kinda playing Sanders

w237.jpg

Dam_Busters.jpg

Richard Todd in the British 6th Airborne Division on Pegasus Bridge

pegasuscaption1.jpg

http://imdb.com/name/nm0865262/

Is Richard Todd OBE still attending the event? I ask because I've just been on the Autographica website and he isn't on the guest list page where he has been. There's a new guest in his place (Bettina Le Beau).

Edited by SunSpeed

What pictures will be available? Any with him stood next to a Lancaster?

von Dawson's Express

Not Burt, surely?! :blush:

Great announcement - just trying to find something suitable for the ocassion now. I'm really struggling to find a Dambusters poster which is what I ideally want signing, but there are very few available. Only one I can see on ebay currently has already been signed by Mr. Todd, so it kind of defeats the purpose!!!

What pictures will be available? Any with him stood next to a Lancaster?

von Dawson's Express

Not Burt, surely?! :poki:

Great announcement - just trying to find something suitable for the ocassion now. I'm really struggling to find a Dambusters poster which is what I ideally want signing, but there are very few available. Only one I can see on ebay currently has already been signed by Mr. Todd, so it kind of defeats the purpose!!!

Ha, ha, I like that, you made me smile :D

I would like Richard Todd to sign my Dambusters book that 'Johny' Johnson signed last year.

As and when I meet other Dambusters, well get them to sign as well! :gorgeous:

So be there folks!

guess you are all getting excited!

von Dawson's Express

• 2 weeks later...