LANCE HENRICKSEN'S TALK

nicky

What I'd like to have known was:

- Does he plan to work with James Cameron again?

- What was it like working on AvP (2004) and what did he think of it?

- What was it like working on Alien 3 with David Fincher and had he seen the extended 2004 assembley cut?

- Has he heard of the Near Dark (1987) remake next year?

- Does he have any love for Terminator 3 (2003)?

- Did he mention losing out on the role of the Terminator to Arnold Scwarzenegger?

- Did he mention working with Sam Raimi on The Quick And The Dead (1995)?

- Did he mention working with John Woo on Hard Target (1993)?

- Were there any interesting films he turned down?

Obviously I wouldnt get to ask him all that but would have asked as many as I could.

funiest moment when someone asked was there going to be piranha3

There isn't a Piranha 3 BUT there is a remake planned to be directed by Alexandra Aja who did the Hills Have Eyes remake.

Edited by nicky

- Does he plan to work with James Cameron again?

- What was it like working on AvP (2004) and what did he think of it?

- Does he have any love for Terminator 3 (2003)?

- Did he mention losing out on the role of the Terminator to Arnold Scwarzenegger?

- Did he mention working with Sam Raimi on The Quick And The Dead (1995)?

- Did he mention working with John Woo on Hard Target (1993)?

- Were there any interesting films he turned down?

Obviously I wouldnt get to ask him all that but would have asked as many as I could.

funiest moment when someone asked was there going to be piranha3

There isn't a Piranha 3 BUT there is a remake planned to be directed by Alexandra Aja who did the Hills Have Eyes remake.

You really should of gone to the event nicky, there's some great questions there!i didn't attend the talk- but...and i can't just recall the conversation,i know my mate spoke to Lance about Hard Target quite extensively at MK and i also know Near Dark is his favourite movie(i heard that bit lol),i'll find out what he said about Hard Target and let you know. :eek:

i mentioned that when i saw him getting my original dvd of near dark signed.

i don't think he is too impressed with it being remade, his exact words were "its a f**kin joke" lol and fair play to him cause there is just no need for it.

Ha, that was me who asked about Piranha 3! Can't believe he doesn't dig the second movie, it's so amazingly bad it MUST be good.

I didn't know he was offered the role of Robocop! The poor guy regrets not saying yes to that on!

Ha, that was me who asked about Piranha 3! Can't believe he doesn't dig the second movie, it's so amazingly bad it MUST be good.

I didn't know he was offered the role of Robocop! The poor guy regrets not saying yes to that on!

THAT was funny dude,i was the last guy to ask a question of the talk

I thought he was only briefly considered, not offered, according to the DVD documentary. Why did he turn it down, was he busy with Near Dark (1987) at that time?

What did you ask?

Edited by nicky

I thought he was only briefly considered, not offered, according to the DVD documentary. Why did he turn it down, was he busy with Near Dark (1987) at that time?

What did you ask?

ASKED him about aliens,how diff is filming a film and then going seeing the finished product in the theatre

You asked an excellent question dude. It has to do so different from seeing the dailies on set to seeing it all up on the big screen!

I was digging his "trophy" of collars he had taken from people too! haha.

ASKED him about aliens,how diff is filming a film and then going seeing the finished product in the theatre

I'd also like to have asked him in respects to that, his experience on Alien 3 and David Fincher and if he had seen the extended assembley cut.

,i know my mate spoke to Lance about Hard Target quite extensively at MK, i'll find out what he said about Hard Target and let you know. :hathor:

I have the workprint cut of Hard Target (1993) and remembered Lance saying Woo was "so creative" in particular the excised piano playing/hunting footage but that was a few years ago in Bham and his queue was a bit rushed.

Edited by nicky

I asked him about Near Dark remake too, he said Micheal Bay was planning to do it

I didn't know that, it hasnt been announced as a Bay project AFAIK but it makes sense as Bay has been producing loads of horror remakes lately following Texas Chainsaw, Amytiville Horror, The Hitcher and Friday The 13th.

Apparently Lance said he rates John Woo as one of the best directors he's worked for,John told him he could have 5 bullets for the whole movie or something :headscratch: (i've never seen Hard Target myself)

and that he allowed Lance to improvise a lot of his lines throughout the shoot,that's what my mate can remember anyway it was a about a year ago now! :WAVE:

Edited by Captain_Kronos

,John told him he could have 5 bullets for the whole movie or something :headscratch: (i've never seen Hard Target myself)

and that he allowed Lance to improvise a lot of his lines throught

The "five bullets" thing might be that John Woo let Lance fire his gun only 5 times in the whole movie cos he has this super-cool snazzy single shot weapon...see the film and you'll know what I mean.

hardtarget179.jpeg

I found a few of his lines funny (like when he's screaming at his henchmen), makes sense if they were improvised as they sound a bit too dodgy for the writer!