Warning for all Builders called Bob

gilgalad70

I'm not sure who she's watching over... but JCB warning, ( maybe too late). She is prowling the backline at GMEX. I did see her direct a visit by a whellchair-bound person to one of the guests, I think Torri, but can't recall. Oh and it was TOWARDS the guest.. and she was being Pro-fan.

I do hope Austin Powers DID destroy all methods of fembot recreation, I'd hate Dr Evil to create JCB clones of various degrees of niceness, and mess with our heads when we get the 'nice' clone for a cchange...

Wadya mean Austin Powers if a figment of the imagination..... :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm not sure who she's watching over... but JCB warning, ( maybe too late). She is prowling the backline at GMEX. I did see her direct a visit by a whellchair-bound person to one of the guests, I think Torri, but can't recall. Oh and it was TOWARDS the guest.. and she was being Pro-fan.

I do hope Austin Powers DID destroy all methods of fembot recreation, I'd hate Dr Evil to create JCB clones of various degrees of niceness, and mess with our heads when we get the 'nice' clone for a cchange...

Wadya mean Austin Powers if a figment of the imagination..... ;)

I'm evil....but not that evil! :(

I particularly liked the bit where she tried to stick her nose into the organisation of the queue for the Red Dwarf photo session - to make sure all us plebs were out of the way for the incoming queue for Torri's photo session which was next on the schedule! ;)

give her credit though she chased up the photoshoots with torri that LOADS of people were waiting for for well over an hour. Everyone was being told 5 mins, in a min and this went on for half an hour. She did go sort it out and was able to get things moving, same with letting everyone into the stargate talk too :)

give her credit though she chased up the photoshoots with torri that LOADS of people were waiting for for well over an hour. Everyone was being told 5 mins, in a min and this went on for half an hour. She did go sort it out and was able to get things moving, same with letting everyone into the stargate talk too :)

That may well be the case.. however, what I saw from my perspective was her coming up to a perfectly orderly queue that was being managed by several stewards, who were also coordinating having the queue for Torri start nearby so that it could move forward once the previous queue was cleared, and start ordering the fans around telling them to move and where to stand - fans that had nothing to do with her or her client and were probably wondering who on earth she was and why she was ordering them about! :poki:

What does JCB actually do?

Does she run the event in some way?

I know she is an agent but when she is there, mostly stomping around looking like she's in a foul mood, what does she actually do at the event?

Stomps around looking like she's in a foul mood :P She's an agent/PA for some of the guests :poki:

I actually thought from what I saw that JCB was quite calm at both this event and at MK.

I know at MK, that both Shanks and Judge were posing for photos, holding attendees babies and in previous times JCB would have requested the No posed photos rule be enforced.

It was the same at GMEX, she was doing things to try and help, and I also witnessed her chasing up the status of the photos at the end of Saturday

Everyone was being told 5 mins, in a min and this went on for half an hour.

I'd just like to point out that people were not given any guarantees wih regards to the time, only the best estimate (I made sure I made that very clear when I was passing on messages). There was a delay at the photo lab, and as soon as information about the delay was relayed back to the hall it was passed on.

Back to the original topic, JCB seemed fine to me this weekend. I didn't encounter her directly though... :P

I'd just like to point out that people were not given any guarantees wih regards to the time, only the best estimate (I made sure I made that very clear when I was passing on messages). There was a delay at the photo lab, and as soon as information about the delay was relayed back to the hall it was passed on.

Back to the original topic, JCB seemed fine to me this weekend. I didn't encounter her directly though... :P

Indeed JCB was fine this weekend, had no problems, as I was crewing over the weekend.

Glad to hear the stewards felt she was okay... I did see her being what I personally felt was rather abrupt with a couple of the stewards throughout the day and felt rather sorry for them... I think the stewards do an awesome job and they volunteer their time to make this event happen for us.

I know JCB is only doing her job and makign sure things run smoothly for her clients. Obviously a constant supply of coffee is the way to make sure she's happy! :wub:

JCB is ok as long as she gets what she wants.

The only time I've talked to her was when she came over and "suggested" that the assistant and guest swapped places to make things easier (which was a good idea and worked :wub: ) They did, she smiled and said thanks and I never saw again all weekend

Back to the original topic, JCB seemed fine to me this weekend. I didn't encounter her directly though... :wub:

im not disputing that all im saying is that to keep telling people 5 mins 5 mins when its clearly not known is a bit unfair. instead maybe say there has been a delay at the photo lab so we are hoping sometime in the next 5 mins.... and to be fair you would only say "they will be here in a minute" if you know they are in the building as that is the only way they would arrive in a minute.

of course this could all be solved if showmasters invested in their own photo printer like other unamed organisers. the photos could be printed off in the premises and it would probably take less time!!

i must say tho once they did arrive the distributing was very prompt :)

instead maybe say there has been a delay at the photo lab so we are hoping sometime in the next 5 mins....

I'm not sure who was passing on the message to you, but that was the message I was passing on. I was making sure that I emphasised the fact that we weren't 100% sure and were hoping it would be within a certain amount of time. I'm sorry if someone was telling you otherwise! :-/

i must say tho once they did arrive the distributing was very prompt :)

That's because my system rocked! lol