Where did my thread go?

Kinggodzillak

Please, please, please...PLEASE...tell me that it hasn't been deleted.

I checked back here last night, and found - huzzah! - an actual reply from Showmasters!! I was going to reply but it was quite late...then I came back on here this morning and found it was all gone.

Now then...and I am trying to be very calm here...but how is this ever going to get sorted if the one and only response that I've had in weeks and weeks of asking about it gets deleted in less than 12 hours?

I mean...what. the. hell.:crying:

*sticks a pillow over own face and screams incoherently*

Edited by Kinggodzillak

• Moderators

It's likely that someone felt it was unnecessary to have the topic on here after a reply/explanation had been given to you. Basically to stop arguments and everyone contributing - something like a Guest Cancellation topic has been locked but left there because the information needs to be seen, but your topic didn't have anything like that.

If you have anything else to say on the situation then email them, phone them, or speak to them at C12 if you'll be attending, but there might not be any need for them to reply. That's their stance, and you'll just have to wait for your photo or pick it up I'm afraid.

They are aware of your case, and that's the most important thing.

I checked back here last night, and found - huzzah! - an actual reply from Showmasters!! I was going to reply but it was quite late...then I came back on here this morning and found it was all gone.

Now then...and I am trying to be very calm here...but how is this ever going to get sorted if the one and only response that I've had in weeks and weeks of asking about it gets deleted in less than 12 hours?

I mean...what. the. hell.:help:

if u say anything bad it gets deleted by big brother

It's likely that someone felt it was unnecessary to have the topic on here after a reply/explanation had been given to you.

I noticed the reply just before I went to bed. It was gone by the time I got up. I might not ever have seen it...

If you have anything else to say on the situation then email them....

:headscratch: ...................

"That's what I've been doing. Now I'm getting sick..."

...phone them, or speak to them at C12 if you'll be attending, but there might not be any need for them to reply.

There is a need to reply. They've got unhappy customers wanting what they paid for. I will be at C12, but...and again I really don't want to sound like a troll, but after all this time my hopes aren't high. :crying:

They are aware of your case, and that's the most important thing.

I'm aware that my bathroom needs a good clean, but that doesn't mean I'm doing anything about it.

Edited by Kinggodzillak

I’m not going to go into specifics, because clearly if it was my post which got it removed, then it’ll happen again – and there’s no point to that.

Basically, the response you got, [and I’ll be kind] was VERY poorly worded.

I objected to its contents, and asked for clarification.

I would assume that another member of staff agreed with my objection, figured having such statement in the public domain was potentially damaging for business and going to cause friction – and so removed the entire thread

That’s what I honestly think happened. But if you read the original response, you’d probably know which bit we’re talking about.

Sorry for being vague, but I hope that helps.

There is a need to reply. They've got unhappy customers wanting what they paid for. I will be at C12, but...and again I really don't want to sound like a troll, but after all this time my hopes aren't high. :no:

Not trying to stir things up, but what exactly are you unhappy about?

;)

LLAP :YAHOO:

Expecting them to cancel Collectormania or cancel some guests just so that they can send out some photos is pretty poor, though.

But I don't expect them to cancel Collectormania or cancel some guests.

Not yet having my photo back from the London Film and Comic Con, 2 months ago. Apparently it was sent out, but I never got it, and so Showmasters offered to print me a new one. I said, great, thank you, yes please, and then heard nothing more about it.

Edited by Kinggodzillak

The photo session from LFACC got lost in the mail apparently.

I don't know if you caught this bit in Stuart's reply yesterday kinggodzillauk, but he said that uncollected LFACC photos will be "on display" near the photo session area at C12. Maybe check there and your photo will be waiting for you. I think you said that you had already been e-mailing, right? So it's certainly a possibility that the print is ready, but there was no chance to mail it out yet. ;)

I’m not going to be drawn into this.

You clearly didn’t comprehend my point last night, and you still don’t understand it today.

But that’s fine, this is an internet message board and thus we have a whole mixture of society here, so let’s agree to disagree.

But I’m sure those who are still awaiting their photographs would agree with my interpretation of what was said, and find the comment extremely disappointing.

For the record, for anybody still paying attention – I didn’t say anything about ‘cancelling’, I mentioned prioritising, and delegation of tasks. But don’t let the facts, hinder your ‘story’ Psychosis.

I'm sorry your on your own with this one Kinggodzillak, because I can't take the nonsense arguments from people like this anymore.

Showmasters clearly stated that they would basically have to make a choice between running Collectormania and sending out old photos. You stated in no uncertain terms that old photos should be prioritised higher. It's not hard to understand the implications that that would have.

You have a very idealistic idea of the world, in which there are an infinite number of workers to take on all jobs at the same time.

Edited by Psychosis

Showmasters clearly stated that they would basically have to make a choice between running Collectormania and sending out old photos. You stated in no uncertain terms that old photos should be prioritised higher. It's not hard to understand the implications that that would have.

You have a very idealistic idea of the world, in which there are an infinite number of workers to take on all jobs at the same time.

Why would they have to prioritise, how many people does it take to sort photos out 50? 100?

Surley 1 maybe even 2 or 3 is enough to sort this out, so there was no way any future Collectormania events would be effected?

;)

LLAP :YAHOO:

I’m sorry; I completely and utterly disagree with you – and can only believe you’re arguing about this for the sake of it, that or you still don’t understand or comprehend my point.

I honestly can’t take your naive bubble anymore. This subject is closed, I’ve tried already to be fair – by saying lets just agree to disagree.

Idealistic… Jesus…

1, maybe 2 or 3? Don't they only have four staff members? Five? Certainly not enough that they can spare that kind of numbers.

Kung fu rabbit, it's interesting that you say that. 'Naive bubble' describes how I see your strange argument too, LOL!

Edited by Psychosis

if u say anything bad it gets deleted by big brother

yes seems like toe the party line or get shot down for it think this forum needs a chill pill less bitchin and straight forward answers

• Showmasters Admin

I responded last night, and I will respond again. First, despite kung fu rabbit's belief that the thread was deleted because my answer was "so poor" that's simply silly - if that had been the case, it's easy enough to delete individual posts (and much less obvious). One of the moderators was apparently cleaning up the threads last night, and the original thread, which should have been moved to past events (as it pertains to the last London show) was accidentally deleted - if we had simply wanted to delete it in the first place and not answer Kinggodzillik, I wouldn't have bothered replying to the thread.

With regards to what I said, the simplified version is

(1) I'm extremely sorry anyone is still waiting for their photo

(2) we're looking at ways to modify the system, both at the shows and after, to reduce the odds of it happening again, and to make things run smoother when photos are left to be sent out

(3) we have managed to post out most of the photos (compare the original thumbnail page with the current one), but there are still a number left, and I won't be happy till everyone who paid for a photo has it. In King's case, his photo was posted out, but seemingly the post has lost it. We will replace that for him, at our cost.

(4) while I also don't want to keep people waiting any longer than we have to, right now time is extremely tight, and yes, sometimes it is a choice between getting some more photos posted out or sorting out a flight for a guest. Given that choice, the photo will still be there to post out if I don't get to it now, and the flight won't still be available - so I will handle the flight first. I will not forget that I have to get back to the photo however, and as soon as this event is done, the photo becomes my priority again.

Stuart

ps - and I am going to move this to the previous events section, because strictly speaking it is about photos from past events being sent out, not about C12. I'll leave a link so people can find it though.

Why would they have to prioritise, how many people does it take to sort photos out 50? 100?

Surley 1 maybe even 2 or 3 is enough to sort this out, so there was no way any future Collectormania events would be effected?

Actually, having dealt with this sort of thing elsewhere, albeit in a different format (i.e. basically, all the crappy, gnarly, end-of-project things that get left, often because they are tedious and time-consuming to deal with), I am more than willing to believe that this is the sort of job which could take several days to deal with.

And I thought that Stuart's answer was up to his usual high standard of clear, comprehensible, logical and polite responses. (I would say that from a customer service point of view, Stuart's replies are usually very good to excellent). The simple fact is that given the timetables of multiple shows, and the conflicting demands of different tasks, and the immediately escalating financial or logistical pressures of some tasks (booking flights etc), compared to the "flat" pressure of others (e.g. dispatching photos), the logic was impeccable. And given the current level of resources and conflicting demands, a sincere apology and a promise to get back to tasks such as sending out photos, as soon as time/other demands allowed, was as good as you were going to get, and was well expressed.

What wasn't touched upon, by anybody (I don't think) was that given the increased number of SM's commitments, and a number of recent customer service failings - some relatively new (sending out photoshoots, the whole LFCC gold pass goody bags issue), some more historic (complaints about lack of response to phones and e-mail are hardly new this season), some resulting to an extent from extraordinary (and in some areas, tragic) circumstances (another show, in general) - perhaps they are under-resourced to deal with all these additional commitments. I know that by expanding into new areas (geographically and thematically), SM's may not be immediately achieving profitability with all their new ventures, but to expand so significantly without taking on additional resource might be viewed as somewhere between naive and irresponsible, unless of course they were sufficiently over-resourced before. I'm not going to speculate further, as I don't know the whole ins and outs of the situation (plus my employer usually charges handsomely for such advice :poki: ), but certainly the impression I have is that SM have expanded ambitiously (which is admirable) but are perhaps currently overstretched and unable to meet their commitments as effectively as they would like. (Which at least is admitted by Stuart, and they say that admitting you have a problem is the biggest step to remedying it :YAHOO: )

Oh, and my sympathies and the unfortunate realities of the underlying situation aside, I'd have to say that the retort to

"They are aware of your case, and that's the most important thing."

of

"I'm aware that my bathroom needs a good clean, but that doesn't mean I'm doing anything about it."

made me laugh like a drain.

Edited by TommyT

Actually, having dealt with this sort of thing elsewhere, albeit in a different format (i.e. basically, all the crappy, gnarly, end-of-project things that get left, often because they are tedious and time-consuming to deal with), I am more than willing to believe that this is the sort of job which could take several days to deal with.

And I thought that Stuart's answer was up to his usual high standard of clear, comprehensible, logical and polite responses. (I would say that from a customer service point of view, Stuart's replies are usually very good to excellent). The simple fact is that given the timetables of multiple shows, and the conflicting demands of different tasks, and the immediately escalating financial or logistical pressures of some tasks (booking flights etc), compared to the "flat" pressure of others (e.g. dispatching photos), the logic was impeccable. And given the current level of resources and conflicting demands, a sincere apology and a promise to get back to tasks such as sending out photos, as soon as time/other demands allowed, was as good as you were going to get, and was well expressed.

What wasn't touched upon, by anybody (I don't think) was that given the increased number of SM's commitments, and a number of recent customer service failings - some relatively new (sending out photoshoots, the whole LFCC gold pass goody bags issue), some more historic (complaints about lack of response to phones and e-mail are hardly new this season), some resulting to an extent from extraordinary (and in some areas, tragic) circumstances (another show, in general) - perhaps they are under-resourced to deal with all these additional commitments. I know that by expanding into new areas (geographically and thematically), SM's may not be immediately achieving profitability with all their new ventures, but to expand so significantly without taking on additional resource might be viewed as somewhere between naive and irresponsible, unless of course they were sufficiently over-resourced before. I'm not going to speculate further, as I don't know the whole ins and outs of the situation (plus my employer usually charges handsomely for such advice :borg: ), but certainly the impression I have is that SM have expanded ambitiously (which is admirable) but are perhaps currently overstretched and unable to meet their commitments as effectively as they would like. (Which at least is admitted by Stuart, and they say that admitting you have a problem is the biggest step to remedying it :hathor: )

Oh, and my sympathies and the unfortunate realities of the underlying situation aside, I'd have to say that the retort to

"They are aware of your case, and that's the most important thing."

of

"I'm aware that my bathroom needs a good clean, but that doesn't mean I'm doing anything about it."

made me laugh like a drain.

Clancy Brown for C13!!.............+ Tim Thomerson

Okay...stopped by the photo session stand on Saturday morning, looked through the leftovers for my photo but it wasn't there. Spoke to Julie about it, but she said there wouldn't really be anyone there to deal with me til about 3 - and I was done at the show by 12, so that was that. I've left my details with her, I'm sure she passed them on...but it's got me wondering - what happened with the details we all left at LFACC? I can't believe that the description I left (from a reasonably small photosession) was so vague as to be useless...

Kung fu rabbit did raise an important question - at what point do the leftover photos become an absolute priority? Seems to me there's no real point where they can. As soon as one show ends, you've got to deal with all the photos from that (in theory the leftover photos should be dealt with before all those, but I know they won't be) but you've already started making arrangements for the next show weeks previously.

Feel a little more confident for talking to Julie about it...but I still want my photo.

This year.

Please.

• Showmasters Admin

Okay...stopped by the photo session stand on Saturday morning, looked through the leftovers for my photo but it wasn't there. Spoke to Julie about it, but she said there wouldn't really be anyone there to deal with me til about 3 - and I was done at the show by 12, so that was that. I've left my details with her, I'm sure she passed them on...but it's got me wondering - what happened with the details we all left at LFACC? I can't believe that the description I left (from a reasonably small photosession) was so vague as to be useless...

Kung fu rabbit did raise an important question - at what point do the leftover photos become an absolute priority? Seems to me there's no real point where they can. As soon as one show ends, you've got to deal with all the photos from that (in theory the leftover photos should be dealt with before all those, but I know they won't be) but you've already started making arrangements for the next show weeks previously.

Feel a little more confident for talking to Julie about it...but I still want my photo.

This year.

Please.

Your photo wasn't amongst the ones left over as it was posted out - that's why it had come off the website - it was posted and has gone astray somewhere in the postal system - we need to do you a reprint. And we will. Sorry you weren't able to get the reprint done at C12.

The details left at LFCC are still there - however with so many details left, it was a bit of a needle in a haystack situation, hence the page online for Adrian / Milo pictures. Once all the photos are finally gone, we will destroy the details people have left, as we do not wish to hang on to personal information such as addresses any longer than is necessary.

When do the photos become absolute priority - to be brutally honest, after Manchester. Right now I can work on getting as many more out as I can as fast as I can, but Manchester arrangements will start to impinge fairly soon. However after Manchester we don't have another show for several months, meaning I can put aside pretty much everything at that point. And yes, we will have to deal with leftover photos from C12 now too - but there are comparatively few of those. Normally we don't have an entire photo shoot's worth of people to reunite with their images - in fact, we've NEVER had that prior to this.

Stuart

• Showmasters Admin

Still waiting.

I understand you're frustrated but Stuart did reply to you, and was very clear about when you are likely to get your photo.

When do the photos become absolute priority - to be brutally honest, after Manchester.

Stuart

What more do you want? And please don't say "your photo" because obviously that's ultimately what you want :uhoh: But as Stuart has specifically said it's not likely to be until after Manchester, I don't understand what you think posting "still waiting" are going to achieve?

Manchester isn't for another 10 days. SM are aware of the problem, they are going to sort it out, please just give them a break.

Edited by Too Tall