Improvements For Next Year

DavidB

• Moderators

OK so if people have any improvements or suggestions for things they'd like to see changed or added etc at next year's London event .. do feel free! :P

We've had all the arguments/attacks etc in the 2007 section, so if we can avoid them here and just give clear points please :YAHOO:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some signs saying when guests will be back from lunch etc. because last time some of the guests didn't even have signs saying anything, so it would be helpful to know when they'll be back rather than keep walking in the direction of the guest's queue to check if they're back yet or not.

I think the most important thing is to make the numbers visible. Maybe 6 foot tall guys can see the numbers, but especially if you're expecting there to be a large queue/popular guest, what we had this year just wasn't adequate. The numbers were scribbled in small writing on the bottom of a piece of A4 paper below head height, which you then had to push your way to the front of the queue just to see if you could get in the queue. Especially since I'm just a touch under 5'0 - I can't see over people's heads like that!

You could either buy a whiteboard to put somewhere, OR get an A3 piece of paper and just stick it to a wall so that people can see. Get a tall guy to do it, you wouldn't even need a ladder to put something over people's heads.

maybe some crew working outside before the doors actually open would be something for consideration?

My friends and I witnessed several people queue jumping by 'joining their friends' that they saw in the queue. This made a slight mockery of all those people who had made the effort to get up early to get in to the queue.

I realize this may be difficult to enforce, but it is one small thing I noticed ( more so on Sunday morning ! )

hello,

an intergrated tannoy announcement or pa system would go a long way to solving many of the problems as previously mentioned.

you could even call it radio lfcc'08,or something...

a designated seating area for folks to chill out,and make merry... most venues including ec2 will offer this facility for free,as they have chairs and tables readily available at notice.

a more personable emcee for the talks. sorry,but the plum who did the mike for the star wars talk had visible scars from his sense of humour bypass surgery...

in fact,i shall personally be approaching jason about that gig,lol...

so watch out!

I'm sure Earls Court has a tannoy system could use it to call out which numbers the guests are signing upto, or a board by the organisers booth for the same reason.

A better layout of the stalls my friend and I found it a little confusing.

Seating/rest space to sort out items purchased and to relax for a bit.

Cheaper food and drink inside the arena, I bought a bottle of water £1.89.

That About It

I do think skattering the BIG guests would be a good idea, it wont cause any bottlenecks and noone being pushed over in the mad rush for VT's. If floor plans are stuck on the wall outside so people know where to head before going in, it would make life easier.

Find a way of handing out VT's while people are queueing. Even if its only the first 100 to pre-paid early birds then a few more to normal entry queue's, again it would be less pushing and if you were discreet about it them at back wouldnt try to queue jump cause they would not realise. that way people can walk away and cut the queues down.

Ill keep thinking :)

I'm sure Earls Court has a tannoy system could use it to call out which numbers the guests are signing upto, or a board by the organisers booth for the same reason.

I actually heard a couple of announcements being made via the speaker system. Unfortunately all I understood was mumbling. Seems to be a general problem with venue systems.

There've been whiteboards at all LFACCs before, so I hope they will be brought back for next year.

It would be good to have the collection of photos more organised! it was a nightmare to collect my photo! for the first time i was atthe front of the queue but it didnt matter in the end and the number ticket we were given wasnt needed either. thanks

some proper lines so people cant sneak in and queue jump
I dont think there's a way in which that can be enforced. People jump queues everywhere, it's survival of the fittest and a dog eat dog world and I think it's probably up to the people in the queue themselves to be vigilant.

If there was someone present to prevent queue jumpers, what do you think they could do if the person refused to join the back of the queue? Even bouncers dont bother doing that outside nite clubs and bars. It's just common courtesy and etiquette and I don't think SM have a responsibility there, more the people in the queue themselves.

Edited by nicky

Well as the LFCC was my very first Con,i cannot compare to anything i`ve been too,though I can compare it to what i`ve seen online of say D-Con etc.

Lighting is a Must,you truely could see the eclipse when walking around from the brighter halve to the Dark half. Though the brighter half still needed more light.

Food & drink were way overpriced,for a small bottle of coke,water & a sandwich,that was £10.

As for the stars,I also agree in the spreading them.Being 6ft + I could see what was what though some areas I didn`t bother due to the sardine can effect in place near the A1 stars.

One thing maybe having Large signs when entering of any LAST MINUTE changes. I didn`t even know the Heroe`s "brothers" where coming,as I was puterless from Fri Morning.

More Props would be nice too. I had fun talking & photographing the the individuals who came dressed up as characters due to the lack of actual prop costumes.

The Coatroom at the LDCC were great & very swift.

I also agree with Stopping Q jumpers. I had a EB ticket & it was annoying watching others jump the Q,as a friend had saved a spot.

Hi I have some suggestions on making the event run more smoothly the first is instead of everyone being let in and running and having a stampede to get there virtual tickets how about crew members walk past the cue before hand (before opening) and hand them out that way so this prevents running and people missing out, and the people who cue early get the low numbers etc and everyone who wants one gets one.

I'd Love that idea. If you had two crew for each person. One with odd VT's and the other with even VT's. One then goes down the line for pre-paid enterance and the others then go down the line for non pre-paid enterance. This will cut down the big rush at the start because everyone will have what they want! No pushing or barging will be involved! Fantastic idea. You may want to limit the max people can have to about 5 but it will work really well!

hello,

an intergrated tannoy announcement or pa system would go a long way to solving many of the problems as previously mentioned.

you could even call it radio lfcc'08,or something...

a designated seating area for folks to chill out,and make merry... most venues including ec2 will offer this facility for free,as they have chairs and tables readily available at notice.

a more personable emcee for the talks. sorry,but the plum who did the mike for the star wars talk had visible scars from his sense of humour bypass surgery...

in fact,i shall personally be approaching jason about that gig,lol...

so watch out!

I'm wondering if that was me you are referring to as a "plum". I wasn't meant to be doing the MCing since I am only a lowly techie but I'm sorry if my sense of humour had failed by the time the Star Wars talk came round on sunday it was after all the 9th or 10th talk I'd had to introduce after a long weekend and I was still a bit tired from having to do Glasgow the previous weekend! in a word the exhaustion was starting to show.

We were on a very tight deadline with the talks and I occassionaly had to rustle the guests as well as try and sort out the PA and look after the audience, and crew. I'd be more than happy to have you volunteer, it would safe me a LOT of bother and I promise I'll have some plasters ready for your scars at the end nof the weekend.