Guests?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure on one thing - Showmasters won't let people down on Lord of the Rings guests - they haven't in the past, have they?!

I got blasted for asking this quesion?? Glad you had the maturer ones respond.

I hope for some more guests soon. Want to go but need a couple more guests announced to convince me :)

Showmasters, is there any more news? I've just found out that the weekend clashes for me with a family celebration and I need to know what's happening. They'll understand if you get a really awesome guest, but not if it's just Andy I'm afraid :thumbup:

Methinks the organizers should stop adding guests to the already saturated London Film and Comic Con

Can’t blame them for that – LFCC looks to me like a massive money-making enterprise so it makes sense….

and start getting LOTR guests for another show else they will find they have no guests (apart from Serkis) and very few ticket sales!

…but I am a bit concerned now by the number of people saying they won’t buy tickets without more information or, worse, that they could not wait any longer and have booked for alternative events.

:D At what point is it going to be uneconomical to continue with RingConUK?

• Moderators

I know it must be SO frustrating for people waiting for this event to get guests, but it's simply not a case of 'ok we'll stop getting LFACC guests and work on another show'.

No-one's being berated, I just know no matter how stressed you all get, it's not going to make them sort things out any quicker than is humanly possible - I don't wanna see anyone's head explode with worry :hathor:

I know it must be SO frustrating for people waiting for this event to get guests, but it's simply not a case of 'ok we'll stop getting LFACC guests and work on another show'.

No-one's being berated, I just know no matter how stressed you all get, it's not going to make them sort things out any quicker than is humanly possible - I don't wanna see anyone's head explode with worry :YAHOO:

I didn't mean you, you cheeky little sausage. :dance::smile::dance:

• Showmasters Admin

new guest will be announced soon

we have been trying to get guests that we have not had before which is very hard as we have had most of them but things are looking good for eather rare or 1st time guests

we will have a great event with lost of fun :blink:

jason

• 4 weeks later...
As long as they were in LOTR's, i don't care how many times they have been to a con :) I would be just as happy meeting Craig and Mark again as i would be with meeting a first timer

I disagree having met a large amount of the lotr cast it would take a first time or rare guest to get me to pay money out, i'm keeping an eye out to see who they get tho, so showmasters comment is a comfort to me tho they are cutting it a wee bit fine

It's no good hanging on to the last minute if all the interest has been lost in the months that are running up to this event though! I can however vouch for another deceased con (RIP - I loved you *lol*) that there was an influx of guest announced in the last two weeks before it. However though, there were guest announced every so often, as with Germany, so the interest was strong. So maybe a few big announcements soon would keep the wolves at bay?!?! ^_^

Saying that though, to focus on guests is not the point of another show. The atmosphere is the thing that gives an event of this kind the heads up on it's competitors. I just hope that it can be created with flair and not with hostility. If the programming is done right (but you do need some guests in there) then it will be great fun. Especially as the panels will all be in English! And where are my beloved Tolkien Society members?? I would have been sure they would have been announced at somepoint as the "Experts!". (I thought I would throw that last bit in as I've already been dug in the ribs about them ROFLMAO!)

Here's hoping that everyone with their fingers/legs/arms/eyelids/nosehair/facial hair/eybrows and whatever else crossed are not getting cramp!!

I do agree that the guests aren't the be all and end all of a LOTR convention, but for people to part with money for the event, SOME guests need to be announced that will attract more fans.

I am personally not really interested in the scholarly side of things, nor am I someone who dresses up, so the attraction for me is meeting the people who made the films what they are, the actors, stunt people and maybe some of the WETA people (and Richard Taylor please?).

Thank goodness for that, I was beginning to think I was the only one, jael100! ^_^

Look, I really like the fact that there's going to be stuff to appeal to cosplayers, etc, and if there are people from the more scholarly aspects of Tolkien fandom, then great - it'll be interesting for those of us who (either through lack of confidence and/or skills and/or money) can't get into costuming (say) and are more interested in the people connected in the films, because it'll give us a view into other aspects of the fandom as a whole, and that can only be to the good. :lol:

But I don't think it's fair to expect people to not want guests connected with the films, because I thought the Con was meant to have something to appeal to everyone - and if I'm wrong, then I apologise, because I've had it pointed out to me before that I don't have a clue about Cons.:lol: Plus, as BrandinsChick says, guests are needed for panels and stuff. :o

Edited by yeltz-lass

I don't really go for the guests, I go for the atmosphere and the workshops etc. It is going to be hard to create these if there are no experts there to run the workshops, or no people to attend them!

I so want this to go ahead, but as I said before, I would rather know sooner so I can go to Germany instead. I have even booked the time off for another show Germany to make sure I can go at short notice!