Favorite Episodes

Daniel_Jackson

At the weekend I was talking with a mate at work who I got hooked on Stargate about our favorite episodes from every series and thought it a good idea to see what every one else believes to be there favorite episodes of all time. So go ahead and list which ones you think are the best! Doesn't have to be one can be as many as you like.

1. Children of the Gods (series 1)

2. The Fifth Race (Series 2)

3. Upgrades (series 4)

4. Tao of Rodney (SGA series 3)

5. AURORA (SGA series 2)

but really there are just too many to put them all down but this is a small selection.

think we had one of these threads some place but I don't have the time or the energy to go digging it up right now :D I have sooo many favourites I think it's too many list :( and I'm sure I'll forget some but I'll just write the firs that come into my head :D (haven't seen from about mid s8-end so don't go spoiling me please people! :thumbup: )

Window of Oppurtunity (s4)

Abyss (s6)

The Other Guys (s6)

Paradise Lost (s6)

Metamorphysis (s6)

are you seeing a pattern here? :D

wahooo for Jack-Sam shipping :P

surfy sah xx

• 3 weeks later...

SG-1... Point of View, Solitudes, Window of Opportunity, Lost City & New Order, and Prometheus Unbound.

SGA, Before I Sleep, The Eye, The Long Goodbye, The Real World and Hide and Seek. Followed I think by Siege 3 and Intruder.

Tough question.

Window Of Opportunity (s4)

Fifth Race (s2)

Lost City (s7)

Shades Of Grey (s3)

Paradise Lost (s6)

Maybe some from seasons 9 & 10 will look later as I only have seasons 1-8 on dvd to flick through on summaries. Will look on wikipedia and imdb later for those 2 seasons.

Wormhole Extreme!.

director talking to Fake Tealc' "now raise one eyebrow! try it again! this time only one eye brow!"

director talking to Fake JAck' "Has anyone realized, I don't have captain on my uniform?, can I put it here? what bout here?.... here?"

" how could this not be a real show? am i getting paid real money?" LOL!

Did you know the actor playing the director was also in 21 jumpstreet with Depp.

Peter DeLuise

He keeps showing up through out the series... he was walking out the cafe that Nemic, Amanda, judge were walking into when they were investigating a town that were growing Gauld.

He is also the submarine captain when nemic is escaping the gauld ship they crashed in the ocean.

he is everywhere!!!! LOL!

Edited by Shabs

Yeah Peter has also written, Produced and Directed countless episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis as well as appearing in cameo roles in front of camera.

My all time faveorite episode has to be,

Window of Opportunity

Edited by scutter

Pete as in Sam's boyfriend?

No, that was Peter's brother, David DeLuise.

...Was it? I'm sure that's not what the GateWorld casting summary of Chimera said. Hmm. Okay, if you say so. They're probably mistaken, there are mistakes sprinkled in a lot of places online, even GW. *shrugs* I have a lousy memory, so, y'know, w/e. :P

Theres no way I could choose a set number of episodes.

Everytime I revisit the DVD's theres always a few bits to make me chuckle that I'd forgot about.

Certainly I know what the biggest dissapointment was *cough*finale*cough* - how could they kill off the Asgard?

Also if the Asgard could defeat Ori ships why didn't they help - protected planets and all?

The centenial episodes stand out though, I always loved the shows tongue in cheek humour the most.

Also if the Asgard could defeat Ori ships why didn't they help - protected planets and all?

Thats actually an odd plot hole in the show..the only time we know an asgard ship faced off against an ori mothership was at the end of season 9 in that big battle, and in that battle it clearly couldnt, so I presume it was an upgrade the asgard made to their weapons, similarly like when Anubis found a way to get past their shields in the mid-seasons..

• 2 years later...

Favorite for SG-1 has gotta be "200" from Season 10 its so good and a close 2nd is Windows of Opportunity where Jack and Teal'c are in the time loop.

From Atlantis it has gotta be "Midway" seeing Teal'c and Ronan together was fab.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not easy. My initial list was huge! Even the 'narrowed down' version is over 20 episodes, and thats just SG. Haven't thought about SGA yet!

Tried to keep it down to one episode per season. Failed :blink:

Season 1: Thor's Hammer, The Torment Of Tantalus

Season 2: The Tok'ra, The Fifth Race

Season 3: Urgo, Crystal Skull

Season 4: Window Of Opportunity, The Curse

Season 5: Desperate Measures, Wormhole X-Treme, Meridian

Season 6: The Other Guys, Allegiance

Season 7: Fragile Balance, Heroes

Season 8: Prometheus Unbound, Moebius

Season 9: The Ties That Bind, Ripple Effect

Season 10: 200, Unending

Vegas spin-off would be awesome B)

ok so you've got Shep as the "lead CSI" type, you'd have to have McKay as the winey labrat come field agent - a bit like CSI's Hodgins perhaps? :D would you have Wier as the new Brass or Carter? would Carter be on Shep' team as a CSI? you could have Beckett as the NCIS autopsy Ducky type maybe? ooow the fun!!!! :unsure:

surfy sah xx

• 10 months later...

2010 is my fav episode i think of all sg1, I really love that ep, especially the end

2010 - In an alternate timeline, Earth has defeated the Goa'uld with the help of the Aschen, a bland and humorless advanced people from a world designated P4C-970. Earth discovers too late that the Aschen plan to depopulate the planet by secretly sterilizing much of the population through life-extending drugs. Thus, the former members of SG-1 sacrifice their lives to send a warning back in time to themselves not to contact the Aschen homeworld P4C-970

season 4 was the best all round season i think

i also really like abyss

but i could go on all day lol