So would you like a CSI convention ?

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we would only be able to put on a event like this if some of you really got behind it and helped us.

We would need at least 500 people to attend the event to make it work and to bring in enough income to bring some of the guests over from the US. Therefore we would need some of you to go on other forums and web sites to help promote what we were trying to do to as many fans as possible.

So if this is for you then lets start to make this happen. This is were it all starts, and you could be a part of making this come true.

lets see where it goes from here.

Jason

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo yes please!!!

However, I dont get the bit about promoting it..

Is this just promote this section and get people to visit or what? As usually it would involve saying when, where and how much it would be for starters, but as this is still only an idea, theres not much to actually promote?

Theres certainly the fans out there for it, 500 doesnt seem that many really, though suppose it would depend on the when, where and how much! Cant see people travelling to say manchester for a single day trip or something, but MK/London/Cardiff for a weekend would prob be different!

• Moderators

Just a few suggestions from me for those who are considering 'promoting' this.

Live Journal communities.

MySpace groups.

CSI specific websites.

Other forums with CSI sections etc.

That's usually the kinda places I go through if I need to 'advertise' a guest or something :blush:

There are a lot of CSI related places out there. I think it's just a case of quoting this message and showing that it's possible if enough interest is shown :P

Jason you know I would soo go to this!! haven't I/we nagged you for CSI guests for long enough? :D yey you're gunna make it happen! I have faith in you!! :clap:

as a suggestion though, would it help spread the idea of a CSI con and help promote it to have a guest (or two :wub: ) at Collectormania/LFaCC and then see how popular they are and while people are in the Q hand out flyers and stuff for a CSI convention?! :huh: as cripsy_99 has mentioned, it's a bit hard to promote stuff when we don't know the details :unsure: and to be honest, this is the only place I post about CSI, because I love you guys so much!!! ahahaha! :D and I would find it difficult to post about this message board and link your post on another forum without being accused of trying to "steal" fans and promoting this board rather than the one they are already posting on :blink:

anyways, welcome all you newbies/lurkers to the CSI section!!! :thumbup: I (amoungst other people who seem to be MIA :() posted and campaigned long and hard to convince SM to formulate a CSI section on this forum so please make yourselves at home and post in some of the MANY other topics, we don't bite you know!!! :angel: (you can see ALL the topics in this section by selecting view posts "from the beginning" at the bottom of the page) as much as I love that people have posted in this thread, I have to admit it does frustrate me how many people seem to de-lurk when something like this is posted and then never post ever again!!! :crying: so, yes, people become part of the CSI family :D

Luv sah xx (aka surfy sah)

Well, to make up for my (extreme) lack of posting, I have contacted the main admin of a CSI website. Got the reply that they will have a look at the original post here, and then consider promoting it on that website.

I should know tonight, if it is ok for me to post the link on their forums, I don't like not being able to post the name, but it's all this, not being allowed to promote other types of website etc...