Photos with Guests

viscount

Hi,

Well I have invested in a Diamond Pass (2 day), But I am going to make an admission - I am a meeter rather than an Autograph collector

So Would it be good manners to purchase an autograph before requesting a photograph?

I realise where you are coming from with this being "The Apollo 13" astronauts First ever signing therefore of course they are in a position to ask for a larger charge for their autographs.

I wonder have they ever considered asking a lower fee for people for people who just wish to have phototographs taken with them?

This is just an idea (feel free to shoot me down in flames if you disagree)

After all 10 seconds in front of a camera is a lot less (and easier I would have thought) than 15 minutes signing books.

One additional question will photos be allowed during the Gala Dinner?

Ian

Edited by Ian Cockell

• Showmasters Admin

As you've mentioned Diamond pass and astronauts I'm 100% sure you're talking about Autographica, but it's a good idea to specify which show you are talking about as SM have so many :dance:

You have to understand that these are "signing" events, not meet and greet events. There is nothing to say you "will" or "should" get a photo. Your ticket includes entry to the show, even the Diamond pass does not guarantee meeting the guests (without buying an autograph).

As of last year SM have started doing professional photo shoots with a number of the guests. People can do this instead of getting an auto if they wish. These sessions are the same price (not lower) as an autograph. Saying this, there haven't been any at an Autographica and I've not heard there will be this time either.

SM will not charge for people taking their own photos and will always allow it when they can. They will only stop people taking their own picture if A: The guest is too busy or B: the guest asks.

You can ask (politely) to have a photo with a guest without getting an autograph and if the guest is quiet you'll likely get one (but please be aware some guests just don't like photos or feel you should buy an autograph, and so may say no), and you are very likely to be turned down if the guest is busy (as the Apollo 13 guys will be). Your Diamond pass may help, but I know at other SM events having a gold pass does not allow you to take photos when no posed photos is enforced and also does not guarantee you access to the guests without paying for an autograph.

As for the Gala dinner, I am not aware of there being a ban on photos. But please be aware that the Gala dinner is a polite social interaction between the guests and the attendees. It is "down time" for the guests, we don't want to spoil the guests evening by pestering them for photos.

As you've mentioned Diamond pass and astronauts I'm 100% sure you're talking about Autographica, but it's a good idea to specify which show you are talking about as SM have so many :band:

My error - yes Autographica

You have to understand that these are "signing" events, not meet and greet events. There is nothing to say you "will" or "should" get a photo. Your ticket includes entry to the show, even the Diamond pass does not guarantee meeting the guests (without buying an autograph).

Understood - but as you mentioned all guests MUST have down time

SM will not charge for people taking their own photos and will always allow it when they can. They will only stop people taking their own picture if A: The guest is too busy or B: the guest asks.

You can ask (politely) to have a photo with a guest without getting an autograph and if the guest is quiet you'll likely get one (but please be aware some guests just don't like photos or feel you should buy an autograph, and so may say no), and you are very likely to be turned down if the guest is busy (as the Apollo 13 guys will be). Your Diamond pass may help, but I know at other SM events having a gold pass does not allow you to take photos when no posed photos is enforced and also does not guarantee you access to the guests without paying for an autograph.

I am not trying to put words into your mouth, but a little understanding and respect goes a long way

As for the Gala dinner, I am not aware of there being a ban on photos. But please be aware that the Gala dinner is a polite social interaction between the guests and the attendees. It is "down time" for the guests, we don't want to spoil the guests evening by pestering them for photos.

In addition the time for relaxation can be ruined "big time" with the constant use of flash guns

I have attended several where the use of flash guns was forbidden - but ignored just the same. This is a total lack of respect for the guests and the organisers. I am sure I do not need to tell you where

Thanks for the heads up on the situation :thumbup:

Ian