Anyone going in costume?

Hellion44

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well, still not entirely sure if it's just postponed, or next year...but I'll go as Coronation Arwen...

what's a coronation elf? If I do go as an elf then I gotta order some latex ears lol

It's Arwen in her Coronation gown... :YAHOO:

Edited by Mich

Well, still not entirely sure if it's just postponed, or next year...but I'll go as Coronation Arwen...

what's a coronation elf? If I do go as an elf then I gotta order some latex ears lol

It's Arwen in her Coronation gown... :jason:

Sounds cool Mich and Happy New Year to yeah

CopyofRiCo06_095.jpgGoing in costume is a big part of another show :smile:

I'll be in Gondorian dress - either the coronation dress I wore to RingCon2006 or a new one I am planning to make for another show 2007.

Edited by Voronwe

• 2 weeks later...

I need to re-work my hobbit costume and also make one for my little girl. I think she will be old enough to manage a hobbit costume this year. I guess I can go as Rosie Cotton and Rebecca can go as Elanor.... now if I can just get hubby to grow his hair a little and dress up as Sam it will be perfect :WINCE:

Rosie

Edited by TricksyHobbit

Hi!

I'm back.

I will definitely go as an Elf. It was a dream to swan around looking beautiful and Elf like. I have made a couple of elf dresses I have not had the opportunity to wear. I can not wait to get them out. I am really looking forward to this event.

Yep, I am on a diet ready for November.

Why do elves have to be sooo thin! It makes it hard for us mere mortals! But, the effort will be worth it.

More visits to the gym too.

I am thinking of another costume. It is hard to resist.

Elwyn

It's Arwen in her Coronation gown... :thumbup:

Sounds cool Mich and Happy New Year to yeah

A month late but Happy New Year to you too Hun....( not sure if i can still go if there are no day tickets * sob*)

Edited by Mich

What to wear! What to wear!?!?!

I took two gowns to another show last year. I did Eowyns Funeral gown and mantle and then one of my own designs. The funeral gown was so heavy with all the layers and the belt. The other gown had a meter and a half train on so it too was really heavy. It took a great deal of shifting a stuffing to get my bags under the allocated weight for check in.

I am just glad that I don't have to fly to London so I can take as many gowns etc as I want. I will probably make another Eowyn gown. Maybe the victory gown, or have another stab at the green gown or funeral gown. Maybe even the coronation gown.....so many beads...

I took two gowns to another show last year. I did Eowyns Funeral gown and mantle and then one of my own designs. The funeral gown was so heavy with all the layers and the belt. The other gown had a meter and a half train on so it too was really heavy. It took a great deal of shifting a stuffing to get my bags under the allocated weight for check in.

I am just glad that I don't have to fly to London so I can take as many gowns etc as I want. I will probably make another Eowyn gown. Maybe the victory gown, or have another stab at the green gown or funeral gown. Maybe even the coronation gown.....so many beads...

Rachel you always look so beautiful in anything you wear!!! I loved the one you wore for the competition in Germany last year and I do hope you sing again :thumbup: I'd be in a right dilema if I had to chose one of your gorgeous dresses, you put so much time and effort into your clothing.

I can't wait to see if Rosie will dress up this year - personally I still think we should all go as orcs then we don't have to worry about hair, makeup or even washing......on second thought.......!

Lisa x x

Rachel you always look so beautiful in anything you wear!!! I loved the one you wore for the competition in Germany last year and I do hope you sing again :thumbup: I'd be in a right dilema if I had to chose one of your gorgeous dresses, you put so much time and effort into your clothing.

I can't wait to see if Rosie will dress up this year - personally I still think we should all go as orcs then we don't have to worry about hair, makeup or even washing......on second thought.......!

Lisa x x

Orcs????? I thought the plan was Dwarves LMAO!!!!

I do want to dress up again... really need to re-work the hobbit outfit and do one for Titch. But I still want to make an elven gown. Let's face it... at 5ft 10" I'm way too tall to be a hobbit arent I?!!!

Rosie x

Rachel you always look so beautiful in anything you wear!!! I loved the one you wore for the competition in Germany last year and I do hope you sing again :blush: I'd be in a right dilema if I had to chose one of your gorgeous dresses, you put so much time and effort into your clothing.

Lisa x x

Orcs????? I thought the plan was Dwarves LMAO!!!!

I do want to dress up again... really need to re-work the hobbit outfit and do one for Titch. But I still want to make an elven gown. Let's face it... at 5ft 10" I'm way too tall to be a hobbit arent I?!!!

Rosie x

DWARVES!!!! Yes lol, and of course we need the beards ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Rosie you definately have got make an Elven gown, if I went as a hobbit my height would make the illusion very realistic :blush: !!

Lisa x x

Rachel you always look so beautiful in anything you wear!!! I loved the one you wore for the competition in Germany last year and I do hope you sing again :blink: I'd be in a right dilema if I had to chose one of your gorgeous dresses, you put so much time and effort into your clothing.

Lisa x x

Thanks Lisa. I am a total geek when it comes to the costume thing. I am not sure if I am going to sing again though....I wouldn't want to put people through it again!!

Rachel xx