Guest cancellation - Catherine Munroe

showmasters

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

jonnyx3, or should I say Mark. This is not a democracy on here and I think we have all had enough of you

I just checked out your ip and you have been banned under another name before for being a pain

So, I am going to live up to your impressionn of me

"and Joiner said, let there be light, and there was no light as Joiner was not a god, so he just banned jonny instead"

jonny, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

and now back to being a fan and having a place to talk to other fans without political crap

thanks guys for putting over some of my thoughts. It is appreciated as I do not always have the time or energy to fight my corner, and thanks for understanding us and what we are about

thanks

Jason

Just for the record, if jonnyx3 is indeed a 'Mark', it's not that nice bloke from Belgium :-)

Pity it had to turn out this way.

Oh, and Jason, you don't need to apologize for my being from Belgium. It's my parents that should apologize for me being born here - LOL!

I understand you are looking for another venue for ED, but do hope it will not be too far away. Cheshunt is already 650 km for me and I love to come, but if it's in Manchester of even further north, I'll not be able to make it...

Sorry for all those nice people from northern UK... But I would hate to miss out on these great shows. How on earth am I supposed to get my 500th signature on my posters otherwise...

I wouldn't need balls to agree with you, just an absence of mathematical and accounting skills.

right ok....forgive me for thinking though ‘your is head shoved up showmasters ass’

Just back from a relaxing few days camping in the wilderness, watching the wonders of nature, and find that in my absence all you could manage was a gratuitous insult with no basis in fact (and as I keep pointing out, plenty of evidence to the contrary). Back to the idiot species, I guess. Glad I didn't hurry back for the debate.

I’ve given up trying to reason with you; but I still think your VERY wrong…

Given up trying to reason? You've never even started. The sole point of debate between the two of us has been about estimated/perceived costs and profits. You have never tried to reason or put forward an alternative thesis, just said you think mine is wrong. Hardly constructive reasoning. I invited you to contest my figures and all you manage is a childish insult and "I still think your [sic] very wrong". If that's reason and rational debate then I'm the Swedish Emperor.

But I stand corrected; we should just be rude to our friend form mainland Europe; stuff him, for he is not a ‘regular’ forum member; and we should also never challenge showmasters; for they need all the money they can get; after all the business is ‘barely making a profit’.

None of the above has been any part of what I challenged you on. (I would point out though that Mark from Belgium would seem to me to be a forum regular, and has recanted any offence taken, but don't let facts get in the way of your jolly little diatribe).

...can I now be part of the 'gang'?

I have no idea - I'm part of none of the perceived gangs, collectives, clubs or any other aggregations here.

But thank you for my welcome to showmasters!

and before anybody bans me for no reason : he insulted me first!

Oh ffs. Get thee back to the playground, child!

• Showmasters Admin

actually he isn't banned.

his user group still says 'members'

SM don't always change the user group to Banned. I believe they have to do it manually, it's not something that just happens when you ban someone.

We all know Admiral Bear is banned but the user group is still set to "members"

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I have just read through this whole topic, found it very interesting and funny.

Just one question though.....What the hell is

public immunity insurance...

Is this some form of insurance to make sure you are immune for members of the public attending? Surely you mean public indemnity insurance.

Anyway, I just had a thought about this. Do Showmaster have any public liability insurance? Say I trip over one of the dealers stalls, who is to blame; Showmasters or the dealer? Do the dealers have any insurance? Who is responsible for the shows insurance and should Trading Standings or the DTI be involved?

Wow, I have just read through this whole topic, found it very interesting and funny.

Just one question though.....What the hell is

public immunity insurance...

Is this some form of insurance to make sure you are immune for members of the public attending? Surely you mean public indemnity insurance.

Anyway, I just had a thought about this. Do Showmaster have any public liability insurance? Say I trip over one of the dealers stalls, who is to blame; Showmasters or the dealer? Do the dealers have any insurance? Who is responsible for the shows insurance and should Trading Standings or the DTI be involved?

I actually meant public liability insurance - looking at the time I posted it I was probably watching something like Law & Order at the time and seeing somebody plea-bargaining for immunity, so brainfarted the wrong word into my post :D

I'd guess that as part of the hire conditions* of the venue SM need to arrange the necessary insurance. I'd doubt one needs to go running to the DTI or the TSA.

* otherwise somebody would sue the venue owners for facilitating some sort of uninsured farrago, so it's in their interest to make suer any hirer has sufficient cover. Probably also a condition of their insurance cover to allow them to hire the venue out...