TERMINATOR 4

Richie Rich

I can't believe they are making a T4, i love the terminator movies... 1 & 2 are classic, 3 was OK but not as good as the others so i am a bit gutted about making part 4.

Is there anyone out there that thinks this is a good idea or does everyone agree that this could be a mistake? :D

• Like 1

T3 shouldnt even have been made without Cameron but now that it has and due to the film's ending I would welcome a T4 BUT only if it is set in the future war and has flashback sequences of Reese discovering the time displacement equipment. Also it needs to fill in the holes left by T4 such as Connors death and Kate's subsequent rise to leadership. Arnie should cameo as the prototype CSM 101 shell.

The future war sequences were sorely and unapoligetically missed from T4. With today's technology there was no excuse why they shouldn't have shown more of it. This along with the aforementioned Reese flahbacks are what the real fans wanna see.

This thread should be in the Current movies and TV series section by the way. This thread is for fan fiction. Can a mod please move it there as I'd like others to get in on this.

Edited by nicky

Yes. T3 should really have taken place in the future and acted as a "prequal" of sorts for the first film, ending with Reese finding the time travel equipment. T4, I don't know. The 3rd one was so bad, it didn't exactly ruin the saga, but may have put new fans off seeing the first two.

"The Sarah Connor Chronicles" TV series, now that sounds interesting.

Yes. T3 should really have taken place in the future
Exactly, I want it all:

Surface and air HKs

CSM 101 skins

Rubber skinned T-600s

Endoskeleton T-800s

A hint of the T-1000 prototype

The factory that creates and stores the terminators as seen in the T2 teaser (and in Cameron's original screenplay)

John Connor capturing, re-programming and sending back the T-800 as described in T2

The time displacement equipment (and it's destruction)

Reese volunteering and being sent back to Thurs May 12th 1984 to intercept the T-800

Commander Perry who Reese served under in the 132nd and Tech Com as described in T1

Dogs that are used to spot terminators

Humans being branded by laser scan as shown by Reese in T1

Terminators as infiltration units like Franco Columbo's cameo in T1

Those little flying terminators and the others from T2:3D - Battle Across Time the ride.

Phased plasma rifles in 40 watt range

Those cool rifles and thermos flask-looking bombs the resistence have

The underground bases as seen in T1

John Connor giving the photo of Sarah to Reese

John Connor dying as described in T3

Kate Brewster re-programming the T-850 as described in T3

A war torn L.A.

Edited by nicky

"The Sarah Connor Chronicles" TV series, now that sounds interesting.
Yeah I heard about that. My thoughts? Well I still aint seen a TV series spin-off that I think is any good.

If it's meant to take place after from T2 to T3 I don't think it could work cos we'd never see any terminators unless there are flashbacks but then we are talking Sarah's POV here. Better to have a TV series set in the future that follows John fighting the war, better yet make that idea the next goddamn movie...it's long overdue.

When I met Nick Stahl at C8 he did say there was a T4 planned but he did also seem quite sure in saying he wouldn't be in it, no fault of his own....I think he might have said "they don't want me" and yet I see his name "rumoured" on the imdb page so who knows. Hopefully he isn't meant to be in it cos they'll cast a much older actor to portray him in the future.

I remember asking him if he was disappointed he didnt get to work with Cameron...he said he was but then if Cameron did direct T3 he probably wouldn't have been cast as Connor. I also asked about his make-up job too at the start of the film.

Keith, if you see Stan Winston at Forbidden Planet perhaps you can ask him about T4? And tell him to get some decent Goddamn future war scenes in it FFS!!!!

Edited by nicky

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

lol.

I always liked the idea of a Terminator film in the future, but seeing as how sarah stopped the whole judement day the timeline for that era has gone all screwed aka judgement day didn't happen untill a few years later then when it was suppose to.

They should have Kyle in T4, with maybe 3 other main character who are fighters, JOhn Conner, Katherine brewster and like a computer guy,

They could probably make about 3 films based on the future war.

Be nice to think that the new director was a big fan and that someone other than mr C (act with his cheekbones) Bale was in the lead, but maybe the reason 3 not so good was it needed a new outlook, a new approach, bring life back to a great idea. just hope they dont make 3 more T6 is not something i really want to see, rocky (zimmer frame)6 was bad enough soon to be followed by rambo, (wheelglaped) 4, and live free (taxed to death) die hard 4 was bad enough, a brand new idea not a comic not a remake somthing new would be great, failing that, a T big fan directing T4 would be great, i hope will work out and do the others proud, heres hoping £6.00 ready to go find out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...