OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hello hello hello hellooooooooo

My name is Fliss!

That's nice isn't it.

Also, I'm 20, have blonde hair, drink too much, general normal-type human being. Even though I've been told on numerous occasions that I am nothing of the sort. I don't mind which I am really. Tra lalalallala.

Anyway, I am currently in AUSTRALIA *bums majorly* and I looooooove it, yay! I just got a job that will keep me going until december, which means Christmas in the sun for me this year, YAY! (btw, if you see my Dad, don't tell him about the Dec thing yet coz he doesn't know, hehe). Before now, I stayed in Sydney for a month with my lovely friend Ivana and then travelled for a month. I went to Melbourne, Brisbane, the Whitsundays, Fraser Island, Cairns, all of the BEAUTIFUL stuff, mmm :D

Here is a picture of me doing what I usually do:

flissnorthieswine.gif

Here is a picture of me with a scenic backdrop (the Sydney Harbour Bridge & Opera House):

cbda3e77.jpg

And here is a picture of me & my friend Ivana rather erm, what do you call it again?? Oh yeah, DRUNK.:

37ead1e4.png

(btw, we were saying 'tequila' just then after having had about a million of them, yay :P

erm..........lalallaa. Not sure what else to write really. Erm.... lalalalaaaa *again*

Tararr!!

Oh, my myspace is www.myspace.com/flissticles , my livejournal name is ilovethehoff (naturally!)

xxxxxxxxxxx

ok... a bit about me... err...

i'm 22, live in northern ireland, and i don't get out much (could you guess?)

i enjoy computer games, music, a very small handful of TV programs (stargate, both of; star trek, all but enterprise; red dwarf; blackadder; dr who; buffy/angel; stuff like that - and also fantasy stuff, and a bit of anime)

i do watch films, but not as many as i should - the problem of money, as well as no decent cinema, and not enough HDD space...:thumbup:

the books i read are almost exclusively fantasy - LOTR, janny wurts, trudi canavan. also have a few computer books lyin around, as well as philosophy and hitory books (both fiction and non-fiction) but the majority would be the fantasy ones...

oh, and i'm a vampire... :D (well, i don't drink blood, but i do sit up half the night)

i don't go out much for 3 reasons - not many ppl local that i'd want to spend time with, no money, and nowhere to go even if i had it.

and yeah, i'm lookin at whats gone before... i hate writin these things, so i'm just gettin ideas from everyone else... :angry:

if you need some kind of 'real name' for me on here... Garret. (my real real name isn't being mentioned, again for personal reasons...) a few of you might even understand the forum name i have now from this! :YAHOO:

lets see... events i've been to... LFCC1, C6,7,8 (i think? they merge together a bit... which ones were marsters and shatner at? i think that was 7&8 respectively...)

languages i know... a bit of spanish and a bit of irish. did spanish to GCSE, but i've never used it since, so while its all deep in there somewhere, its buried under so much junk... as for irish, i know enough to pass myself, and more than many where i am. want to learn latin sometime...

and to finish, i believe?

MSN - k33per@hotmail.co.uk

i use this occasionally - its not my main email, but i keep an eye on it. i keep my main one private at the moment.

myspace - no chance.

LJ - i barely look at it myself, let alone update... so no :angry:

EDIT ouch, thats longer than i thought...

Edited by fox mulder

Hi There,

I'm Marina, I'm 28 and live in Newcastle Upon Tyne (yes a mad geordie hehe!)

I work as a PA for Performance and Information Department in, in my local Primary Care Trust, who are part of the NHS. The ones Mr Blair is trying to shut down.

I like the same things people have mentioned on here, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Battlestar, SG-1 and SG-A. I like watching movies, can't pick a favourite as I like that many for different reasons, LOTR, Harry Potter, Serenity, Godfather trilogy, Star Wars etc etc...........the list is endless, as for actors and actress, Kevin Spacey, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Helen Hunt again etc etc.................

I love to read, currently reading a book by James Rollins Map of Bones, its really good.

Music, I like everything from classical, jazz, rock n roll, pop, hard rock, punk, I love the lot!

I work as crew for Showmasters since the first London Film and Comic Con, its absolutely brilliant, the crew are fantastic, they are best and rock! Showmasters rock the best!!!!! :thumbup:

I'll sort out a photo soon.

Marina xx

Edited by Marina

• Moderators

Hi, I'm Claire, I'm 27 years old, I live in Northampton with my husband Mark.

I'm always on the forum apart from when I'm at work, asleep or exercising lol :angry:

I'm a production op & I make cables/boards etc work for a big electrical company , I don't mind it, can be fun & people I work with are cool & mad like me :thumbup:

My favourite TV shows are Scrubs (I love Zach Braff), Simpsons, Stargate SG1 & Neighbours.

My favourite films are Childs Play 2, All Harry potter films, Lord Of The Rings, Shrek & Garfield.

My favourite music is Fuel, Silverchair, Nirvana, Avril & Mansun.

I've been going to Showmasters events since C6 & I have crewed since C7 & now have crewed 6 times & I love it lol

I've also lost 32 pounds in weight so far, in just 15 weeks weeks

:angry::YAHOO::angry::D:angry:

Heres a pic of me crewing next to Elijah Wood :WINCE:

mcc6xi.jpg

Edited by mrsclairecarter

Hi, I'm Cate! I'm 21 and a medical student. I'm now half way through my 6 year degree, lucky me :drunk:

I'm a big Joss Whedon fan and I love love love Firefly, Buffy and Angel. I can't pick a favourite because every time I do, I watch one of the others and change my mind. They're all great! I also love LOTR and could hardly contain my excitement waiting for each film as they came out in the cinemas!

I'm quite new to the showmasters thing. My first convention was C9 and I went to the LFCC a few weeks ago, both of which were a lot of fun. I'm going to try to go to C10 as well, so I'm well and truly hooked now! I had no idea what to expect at C9, but I read lots of posts on the forum which were really informative and helped me a lot - thanks guys! - and everyone at the show was so friendly I had a great time.

I'd like to add a picture, but I'm not sure how... I clicked the 'insert image' button and it asked me for the URL - does that mean the picture has to come from the net?

Anyways... enough about me. It was nice reading everyone's replies to this topic. Maybe I'll see some of you around at a show :P

Cate

Hey,

My turn? yeah.. okay, here we go, I'm not good at this kinda stuff but I'll give it a try..

I'm Jennifer, 17 years old (soon to be 18, not in such a rush though) and I live in Sweden, yes, the wonderful country of Sweden which I wont be living in my whole life. I'm half swedish and half american if that's interesting.

So yeah, right now I study the normal swedish, english, science stuff but I also study media and things, as in the history of tv, radio and all that fun, exciting stuff. I also study photagraphy, and make movies and write scripts in class, creative stuff like that. I'm also just starting a few classes in psychology etc. wow I'm boring you, I tend to do that, I babble a lot when I'm in the right mood, I'll stop talking about school though, 'cause that's just not something I wanna talk about.

So yeah, that was school (sorry about that), let me see here, what else..Music, can never go wrong with music.. I mean you can, if it's sucky music, but most music don't suck, so yeah, I like music, I also like movies and a few tv shows.. But I'm not gonna name them all because I know if I would do that I would write waaaay too much but if you for some reason wanna see what kind of stuff I like or if you just wanna say hey, you can go to my myspace http://www.myspace.com/bothswus ... bothswus being my aim and my msn is jentan88@hotmail.com

So yeah, school, music, movies, tv and yeah. Most of all I just care about my friends, and because of that, I have to name them all.... no of course I wont.. don't worry. But my friends and my family are more important then anything.

Yeah, um, I think I should be done now... oohh, I like travelling, no, I LOVE travelling.

I should also tell people how I got in to all of this. First of all, I'm a newbie, I'm on the forums kinda a lot but I don't post that much, or kinda at all, just a little, not really though.

I started crewing at the sci-fi event in Sweden and from there I became interested in the events in England. I first crewed with SM at the latest LFCC, and I hope I get to crew at C10.

I guess that's that

Hopefully I'll see you all soon.

Jennifer

Hey Hey!

Im Elaine (Or Lainey) I not really a 'reg' here but im not a newbi either.

Im 17 from Barnsley and I study media at college and LOVE it! I really love the singer Darren Hayes so can often be found talking about him and boring people with random Darren facts that they really dont want to know.

Iv been going to CM events since C5, The first autograph I ever got was 'Craig Parker' I loooove him :unsure: and since them iv been hooked on LOTR autographs, my only expetion so far is Alan Cumming. Im currently really into Harry Potter and am considering getting some HP auto's at future events instead of just LOTR. My fave HP character is Draco, I have read the books but my fave characters are based on the films, I also like Lucius, I managed to see Tom Felton at C7 but the guest line up was so amazing that time i was too poor to get his auto.

I can be found at Collectormania and CollectormaniaGmex. I can never afford LFACC ;) If you see me please say hi.

This is me my hair is not always curly...check my myspace for more pics :)

me2.jpg

My myspace is: http://www.myspace.com/elaine_catherine

MY LJ is Laineys_Garden

and my MSN is in my sig (I think)

~ Elaine ~

xxx

Edited by C.Parkers-Girl

Hi

I'm Adam, i'm 18 and from Surrey. I have just left 6th form where i hope to go to Uni to study sport and exercise science. Should be good.

I work at Squires Garden Centre which is a bit of a doss really as nobody wants plants in hot weather do they. :D

I have loads of nicknames from school and work : Adam, Ads, Fadam, Crostini, Crozza, Mr C, Crosbie the list goes on.

This has to be and IS the greatest forum in the world. Its like having one big extended family who share the same interests at you. i'm sure you guys have seen me around Collectormania and LFACC's before. I've been going to LFACC since last year and Collectormania 6.

My email is a_crosbie@hotmail.co.uk

Myspace is : www.myspace.com/Crostini

eh voila one picture

Adam-LeaversBookPhoto.jpg

Edited by Crostini

Hellloooo!

My name is Matt and I’m 24 (25 next month :o ) currently living in Bromley, kent, which is essientially SE London.

I try to apply my trade as an illustrator, working on online comics, websites and some magazine work but I also go to shows exhibiting and selling prints.

I’m mostly a Star Wars nut, but like pretty much anything to do with Sci-Fi & Fantasy whether it be film, TV, books, comics, toys. There's loads of other stuff I like too, but wont bore you all :poki:

I’m also the Chapter Rep for the London FanForce over on the boards at theforce.net, where we organise regular social meets (all are welcome!).

My first Showmasters experience was way back during the dizzy heights of Collectormania 2, and since then I’ve been to everyone as well as the LF&CC and G-Mex shows. Life just wouldn’t be the same unless I had my bi-annual trip to Milton Keynes :YAHOO:

Here’s a pic of me at LF&CC ‘06, dressed in full Jedi gear:

smforum_pic.jpg

Feel free to visit my website too (address is in sig) :D

Very nice drawings btw Schmooz :D

hi

I'm Emma, been meaning to do this for ages but never know what to write about myself!

i'm 18 and from Milton Keynes, just finished my a-levels in history, maths and english - pretty sure i failed most of them due to the lack of work n effort i put in! i have apart time job but quitting that soon n have no idea what i'm gonna do next! lol

i'm a huge Harry Potter fan have been for about 8 yrs now i think - i love it! also love buffy, angel, firefly- basically anything by Joss Wheadon, charmed, LOTR (but not majorly) and a few others...

been to every collectormania and crewed since C5 - crewed 7 events now. love everything about the events thet're great.

cant really think of anything else to say...

pics on my myspace if anyone's interested

and MSN is mma_bbew@hotmail.co.uk - feel free to add me if u want to

Emma xx

Edited by elwebb

*stands up*

*clears throat*

Hi, I'm Mike, 23 from Wales. I have been sober for...whoops wrong meeting.

This will be my first Collectormania, and first event like this period!

my MySpazz site is here

I am an obsessive Buffy and Angel fanatic, currently writing my own season 6 of Angel. I also love Firefly.

Also a major Marvel comics fan, especially Spiderman, and the X-Men.

*sits back down*

Hi, I'm Jenny and I'm 16 from Hampshire. I've recently finished school but will hopefully be starting college in September doing Media Studies, Critical thinking, English Language and Computing.

I like dancing and go to a Latin dance class each week. I also like music and go to quite a few gigs. I'll listen to most types of music but the main types that I like are usually described on their Myspaces as Indie/alternative/folk/rock. :P

The first of these events that I went to was G-mex mainly because of my love of Harry Potter but I'm also now interested in Dr Who, LOTR, POTC and Lost. I've now been to 3 cons and loved them all, especially LFCC as that was my first attempt at going in costume but I now have plans for others at the future events. :o

Email - Jenny16_@hotmail.co.uk

My blog - www.blogspot.com/mysecretsinside

My Myspace - www.myspace.com/mysecretsinside.

Edited by secretsinside

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ya I'm Gemma (gem-sanders), I am 25 years old.

EPSON014.jpg

I am a nursery nurse.

I live in in Northamptonshire.

I like allsorts of music.

I Am A Big Fan Of Buffy, Angel, Lost ,The Lord Of The Rings ,The Latest Doctor Who, Pirates of the Caribbean Johnny Depp , Serenity and Firefly.

I am now getting into Smallville and Heroes and Loving them.

I am going to LF&CC for the first time this year Sept 1st - 2nd 2007 and can't wait, I have been to every CM event and made so many friends by going to them, I love the Two new events at Milton Keynes, Music Mania and Sportsmania.

My hobbies are taking photo's at the moment.

I go to the events with lots of Friends Stevie , Crippsy , Gebes , Laura and Suzi are in the Photo below .

DSC_0317.jpgEPSON087.jpgEPSON086.jpg

EPSON088.jpgEPSON019.jpgEPSON020.jpg

Edited by gem-sanders

Hey ho. Thought I'd re-do this as it's been a while. I don't know if anyone reads this far back except me but anyway!

I'm Kirsty, I'm 19, nearly 20. I'm at college, re-taking my A-levels (long story and one day, if you like, I shall bore you with it :firedevil: )I'm studying English Literature and Language, Media and History. I'm really enjoying it this time around.

I've been attending events since C4 and have crewed a fair few. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Events are awesome, I get to see many people that I love who live miles away and also meet some great new people every time.

I enjoy the regular stuff like movies, music and books. I also write a fair bit when I have the patience. I like to dance stupidly to music (as you can see below) and make people laugh. I love laughing myself and Tash is able to make me do this quite a lot. I love chatting and do this often. I love Ice-cream far too much. SO buy me some. If we're in MK I shall have some cotton candy flavoured Ice-cream from the Miss Millies stand. Thanks :)

I love to meet new people so if you see me wondering around events please do come and say hi! :P

Here is a picture:

dance.jpg

yep that's how cool I am.

Edited by pippinweasley

• 2 weeks later...

^_^ ello all, im Alan, im 22 and im from sunny Scotland

just outside Glasgow to be exact, it's horrible here and I want to move to Milton Keynes! But probably wont. I work in the Playtex factory partly in the office and partly in the warehouse. And no, the job isnt half as exciting as some people might think :P

Been going to SM events since C....*thinks*...C7. Been to the G-Mex and went to LFCC for the 1st time this year, all in all I definitely prefer the MK events :lol:

Im a 'bit' of a fan of Dr Who, Lost, Stargates, few other things but not too much as tv seems to be rather dull these days. I also love movies, LOTR and Silent Hill probably being my faves. I don't post on here tooooo often and only really know about 3 people on here, namely Emily, Steff and Rebecca, but quite willing to make friends with any1 and everyone else :D

My myspazz is in my signature and my email which i use for MSN is amiscandlon@yahoo.co.uk for anyone who fancies a chat! :o

Edited by JacknDaniel

:WAVE: Hey everyone, I'm Jamie, I'm 22 years old and I live in Northamptonshire.

I've been a lurker on these boards since C6 and only just decided to register ^^

I'm mommy to Caitlin (31 months old) who always comes to Collectormania with me in some sort of fangirl T-shirt or her Gryffindor sweater :chair: I'm a student of the Open University, studying for a degree in Social Sciences, and I am also a Childminder. My ambition is to be a Foster Carer. Either that or working backstage in a Theatre; I got AA in Performing Arts AVCE, A in Dance and Theatre Studies at college.

My favourite shows are Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Tru Calling, Firefly, LOST, 4400, Supernatural and everything else people obsess over, I also love Harry Potter.

Nobody ever believes me when I tell them my favourite bands are Manic Street Preachers & Good Charlotte. I also love Green Day, MEST, Simple Plan, Avril, etc.

I have a livejournal and a myspace, you can find out more than you ever wanted to know about me at those two places ^^

Oh and here's a picture. Me (left) and my sister Carly

jamieandcarlyyq7.jpg

Email: foreverdelayed@dsl.pipex.com

MSN: thetatteredandthetorn@hotmail.com

See you at the show! :D

:dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Names Grant 17 years old (18 on halloween)

First con was C2

Currently in last year of A-levels taking history, geograpgy, eng lit, theatre studies and General studies

Love all things theatrical done shows amateur and pro at mk theatre including panto with linda robson, paul barber and paul nicholas, and a tv ad!

Thats me basically :)

feel free to get in touch

Grant_sheehan100@hotmail.com

There's me below!

2005_1230Image0034.jpg

Edited by Sauron

Howdi! im Baz!

what to say about my self :D

im very new to this forum and only been to one CM, but i plan to go every year now with my gf ! im just your average stay at home and play video games for hours on end kinda guy, it might be an unhealthy obsession !! i enjoy going out obvously, mainly to drink myself silly :thumbup: ( ill be looking for the closest pub whn i get to the hotel!<3 )

ive just finished a 2 year college art course so i dunno what ill do now, just lounge about for thet ime beings sounds very very attractive to me atm. my fave games franchises are all resident evils, they are just the best games ever ! and final fantasy of course ..

im in love with anything aliens and predator, a very big fan of both. and collect alotta toys! because they look so cool! star wars, stargate, and all those aliens rip off movies are very special to me heheh. i just generally like watching movies, horror sci fi etc.

oh and marvel is awesome :o

MYSPACE www.myspace.com/bazatron

MSN Mode47@hotmail.co.uk

a pic for the lazy ppl -

1145331712_l.jpg

(im very drunk guy on the right ..:P)

Edited by Bazatron

Oh oh, thats me, with the pink hair (*cough*) Heylo bazzi! :poki:

Err, I'm Ali, 19 (20 in october but don't act it) and I'm five foot 1 and a half, so be careful not to step on me.

Going to this months collectormania with that bozo above :poki: dressed as Rikku ffx-2. Duh, I don't know what else to put . . . just come over and say hi if you see us two, even if I don't look very . . approachable.. ( I dont give very good first impressions, but I'm nice, honest!) :wub:

llll.jpg

RAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! *cough* Good evening and welcome to the tale of 'Buffy the Slayer, of the Vampires'. No, wait, this should be the tale of the tiny blond who attends events dressed as male characters (more often than not).

Hi I'm Emma (otherwise known as Mr Malfoy).

I'm an old fart at 32 (Just recently celebrated my birthday on the 1st). I work randomally as an actress and artist. Both of which keep me currantly poor. I'm a bi-sexual cross dresser (so nothing normal) who enjoys LOTR, Star Wars, Buffy and Babylon 5. I also love all thing Anime/Manga and enjoy the world of gaming. I'm a huge fan of Soulcalibur and Final Fantasy. I love 80's goth music and currantly adore Evanescence.

I worship, Orlando Bloom, Jason Issacs, Angelina Jolie and Julie Benz. I adore several CGI/anime characters as well (I'm a bit nuts).

I have trained to be a stunt fighter and have fighting skills for about 8 different weapons. I have been attending events since the late 80's/ early 90's. I have been cosplaying since '92. Have worked as crew at SM events. I want to get to know all other like minded peeps out there. As we are a fun bunch.

Heres me

As Darla from Buffy

Legolassie.jpg

As Lucius Malfoy from Harry Potter

LuciusMalfoy.jpg

What I'll be wearing at C10

tavvywithahose.jpg

sephyreturn.jpg

Hope to see you all there.

Leggy xx

I'm sure there's no need for me to introduce myself, but I will anyway. Name's Drebin, Frank Drebin. Detective Lieutenant Police Squad.

Here's a picture of me proudly doing my job.

pallottolaspuntata.jpg

I love guns, crime, gun crime and running naked in the breeze along Venice Beach on a market day. Hell it beats spam.

I'm married To Jane Spencer Drebin and we have a son called little Frank. We may have other kids, I can't remember.

Hey Im a newbie :dance: so lets start with...

hi my names Vicki...some people call me Little One...youll soon see why ;) Im 16 years old and I live in the capital city of Cardiff which is in Wales, UK. Im currently attending Barry college where im studying for a BTEC national diploma in Art and Design (multimedia). I took media studies in my high school and really enjoyed it and this course that im taking at Barry college goes into that subject. I enjoy watching tele (yep im a tele freak :YAHOO: ) I love Buffy, Angel, Firefly (mostly jossverse stuff is my favourite). I also like Friends, The Oc, and many many more.

I love going to conventions. they are the aweosemest (yes its a word;)) thing in the whole world.

In total Ive met:

Alan Tudyk - twice

Nathan Fillion

Anthony Head

Elijah Wood

Ron Glass

Oliver and James Phelps

I think thats it. Ive only been to 2 cons but I want to go to more....loads loads more. mwahahahahaha :firedevil: lol

so...well...yeah tahts me...

and heres the reason they call me little one.

meandalanandthatday.jpg

Yesh im small :angel: It was annoying but I like the nicknames.

This is a non convention pic of me n my mate in college! Very terrible photo! :YAHOO:

resizedmennem.jpg

So thats me....Nice to meet you!

Feel free to add me on myspace or msn:

msn - little_one_xx@hotmail.co.uk

myspace - www.myspace.com/puffy_spuffy

:dance::P:WAVE: :WAVE:

Edited by Little.Miss.Vixen

Time for another old fart me thinks... :YAHOO:

I'm Andy, 28 years old from Brierley Hill in the West Midlands.

Known for my love of everything and anything Disney (hence the name)

Most of you know me and my partner Chris (CHRIS !!)

For the oldies amongst us you may remember me as ashleo78 when i first joined the forum. :angel:

Been a part of the SM family since C6 and loved everybit of it.

I'm currently working as a security licencing officer in charge of making sure security personnel in the UK have their SIA licences.

Here's me with Alan Oppenheimer at London this year :

lfacc01_P1010001.jpg

MSN : neelix24@hotmail.com

MySpace : andrewhinsley