Best Guest

Rev_Bem

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to be Nathan and Alan for me. Apart from their comedy double act which had me giggling the entire talk session they've got to be two of the nicest guests I've ever met :YAHOO:

Please can we have them for C10, I'm addicted.

Edited by Ophelia

Definitely Nathan. He was so lovely when I went up to meet him and then later on when he was off on a break he walked past me and said "how's it going" recognising me from earlier! What a great guy! He has earned me as an eternal fan!!!!

Nathan Fillion was a total star :D Even though he was having to rush through at the end of the day (Saturday) he still found time to shake everyone's hand and have a little chat. Obviously, he was seeing so many people by that point he wasn't getting much chance to take in little details like what they were wearing, but as I was walking away (with a big stupid grin on my face) he spotted that I was wearing my Kaylee costume (an afterthought - I'd bunged it into my case because it is a heck of a lot cooler than my Jack Sparrow costume) and shouted after me, "Hey - like the outfit!" which pretty much made my day. :YAHOO:

Don S. Davis was a delight too, very charming and friendly, a lovely guy.

As for Rachel Luttrell - my friend, the Wraith who was wandering around on Saturday, decided to go see her again (they met before, last November) and before she even got as far as the table, Rachel was grinning like a mad person and yelling, "Oh wow, it's you again!". It's a good thing it was fairly late in the day, they were chatting away 19 to the dozen for ages :P She's such a sweetheart!

But then again, everyone I saw was great, and the dealers were fab, the guest talks were brilliant... only wish I could have done both days, though I'm sure my bank manager is glad I didn't...

Nathan, hands down.

As I said in another topic: my friend had never seen Firefly and after meeting with me him she took off to buy the box set. No other proff needed for me. :D

Got to second that. Went both days and did the photo shoot with Alan on the Saturday and Nathan on the Sunday. Saw their talk both days and cracked up - worth coming down from Leeds for and the entry and queueing alone. They were both fantastic, and I'll repeat what everyone else says - such bl***dy nice guys (although Alan did say the C word much to Nathan's horror in the second talk, as there were kids there).

I got N's auto and then someone walked past me and it all smudged - he resigned another one for me with 'Good to see you again' - so cool. Then he sort of remembered me in the photo shoot (what was your name again?) and I was a bit too sarky to him (hope he wasn't offended!). Then later on I bit the bullet and bought the Operative's sword from the propstore and got shoved to front of the queue by the nice Mr Propstore Steve to get it signed by Alan and Nathan - having to pay again - "You bought this - sooo coool" (Alan). What a day.

I have to add that I also a massive SW fan and thought out of all those guys, David Prowse was one of the nicest - happy to chat. Kenny Baker was funny as he took sooo long to write the autograph, doing little squiggles all over it.

You know when you see these guys in films and you idolise them from afar but more often than not they don't really measure up as they could never really have met your expectations? Well gotta say that Nathan and Alan both outstripped mine. Truly top guys who make you feel valued as a fan rather than an necessary annoyance.

Please please please bring them back soon so I can bug them some more! (And Jewel and Ron etc etc so I can get my sword signed.)

Ta Showmasters for a wicked weekend.

Jenny x

Nathan, hands down.

As I said in another topic: my friend had never seen Firefly and after meeting with me him she took off to buy the box set. No other proff needed for me. :D

Got to second that. Went both days and did the photo shoot with Alan on the Saturday and Nathan on the Sunday. Saw their talk both days and cracked up - worth coming down from Leeds for and the entry and queueing alone. They were both fantastic, and I'll repeat what everyone else says - such bl***dy nice guys (although Alan did say the C word much to Nathan's horror in the second talk, as there were kids there).

I got N's auto and then someone walked past me and it all smudged - he resigned another one for me with 'Good to see you again' - so cool. Then he sort of remembered me in the photo shoot (what was your name again?) and I was a bit too sarky to him (hope he wasn't offended!). Then later on I bit the bullet and bought the Operative's sword from the propstore and got shoved to front of the queue by the nice Mr Propstore Steve to get it signed by Alan and Nathan - having to pay again - "You bought this - sooo coool" (Alan). What a day.

I have to add that I also a massive SW fan and thought out of all those guys, David Prowse was one of the nicest - happy to chat. Kenny Baker was funny as he took sooo long to write the autograph, doing little squiggles all over it.

You know when you see these guys in films and you idolise them from afar but more often than not they don't really measure up as they could never really have met your expectations? Well gotta say that Nathan and Alan both outstripped mine. Truly top guys who make you feel valued as a fan rather than an necessary annoyance.

Please please please bring them back soon so I can bug them some more! (And Jewel and Ron etc etc so I can get my sword signed.)

Ta Showmasters for a wicked weekend.

Jenny x

The lady with blonde hair? silly to ask as a lot of people had blonde hair I guess, but I remember someone asking if they could get a sword signed by both of them.

Also I'd like to say Nathan was the best, he was amazed that we were twins (myself and my sister) that he took a picture of us, and then refered to us as clones, and said the same to Alan Tudyk when we were getting a photo with him :D

Edited by Catmoo

Nathan Fillion was AWESOME!!!! But my personal favorite has to be Alan Oppenheimer. He was soooo cool, he did all the different HeMan voices for me!!! Legend!!!!!

Jerry Robinson was another very friendly guest. I would definately like to see a few more of the bigger names in comics for future shows.