Dolores Keator - Mary - DN

Guest Dr jones

Dolores Keator, who played Strangways' secretary Mary Trueblood in the first James Bond film "Dr No" in 1962 has died aged 81.

"Dr No" was her only onscreen role in the movie business, and her work was uncreditted on the film. She owned the building in Jamaica used for filming as Strangways' house.

A year later she worked as a casting assistant on "Lord of the Flies" in Jamaica, where she lived at the time.

Dolores Keator was born in New Jersey, USA on 14th February 1924. She died on 2nd November 2005 in London, England from a heart attack. She is survived by her fourth husband Sandford Ziff and her four sons.

RIP - Very sad news - She died just after i got her autograph

Edited by Dr jones

• 2 years later...

Dolores Keator, who played Strangways' secretary Mary Trueblood in the first James Bond film "Dr No" in 1962 has died aged 81.

"Dr No" was her only onscreen role in the movie business, and her work was uncreditted on the film. She owned the building in Jamaica used for filming as Strangways' house.

A year later she worked as a casting assistant on "Lord of the Flies" in Jamaica, where she lived at the time.

Dolores Keator was born in New Jersey, USA on 14th February 1924. She died on 2nd November 2005 in London, England from a heart attack. She is survived by her fourth husband Sandford Ziff and her four sons.

RIP - Very sad news - She died just after i got her autograph

Sorry to drag this post from the dead, but Dolores would be very shocked to see her death notice preceding her by several years. She is very much alive and well. I found this post because I was doing some research on her in her movie role in Dr. No.

Here is a picture I took of her and her husband Sanford the day she was given an award by a local opera group.

dolores_ziff.jpg

http://theoperasociety.org/2008-divas-diamonds/dolores-ziff/

Feel free to download it and examine the EXIF data for the date and time of the picture: February 26, 2008, 1:13pm. This event took place at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL.

According to IMDB, she was born 16 February, 1925.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0444180/

Edited by DavidY

• 2 years later...

Miami arts patron Dolores Ziff dies at 85

Best known as a generous patron of the arts in South Florida, Dolores Barwell Ziff played many other roles in life -- farmer, benefactor to numerous charities, U.S. Navy servicewoman, accomplished cook, horse-breeder, actress, gunnery instructor, art teacher, skin diver, author, antiques dealer and rally-car racer.