Top 10 films...

theoden_of_rohan

• 2 weeks later...

1. The Craft

2. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope :thumbup:

3. Jurassic Park

4. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back ;)

5. Twilight

6. Spider-Man :wub:

7. American Pie

8. Star Wars Epidsode III: Revenge of the Sith :unsure:

9. Scream

10. Twilight Saga: Eclipse

I think ;)

1. The Craft

2. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope :vader:

3. Jurassic Park

4. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back :yoda:

5. Twilight

6. Spider-Man :spidy:

7. American Pie

8. Star Wars Epidsode III: Revenge of the Sith :vader:

9. Scream

I think :P

Got to admit it, despite loving alot of these films, none of these are in my Top 10.

A top 10 of films... Now thats actually quite a hard job being all honest...

Although the first ones are very very easy

1. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - The very best movie ever made in my eyes, and also has my favorite actor of all time Clint Eastwood.

2. Dances With Wolves - My granddad told me about it when I was around 12, a few weeks later he brought it for me, and ooh boy did it capture me, with the fantastic scenes, acting and story.

3. Toy Story 3 - Managing to get me to a cinema 4 times to rewatch a film, that's pretty well done, but manage to make me cry all 4 times, and subsequently make me cry the 5 times I've watched it on Blu-Ray... Kudos to Pixar, now that's something of an achievement. A very very touching end to a story I've grown up on.

4. Back To The Future - How can a list be complete without this masterpiece of a film, with all its laughs and witty ideas, and of course Christopher Lloyd as the fantastic Doc. Brown ^^ I want a friend like that :)

5. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith - Its very very hard to pick any Star Wars film over another for me, but what makes Episode III stand out for me is Anakins fall, the fantastic duel on Mustafar, and the hurt you can see in Obi-Wans eyes when Anakin lies besides the lava all broken.

6. Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King - The massive battle for the White City, what else can I say, apart from the fact all of the films are fantastic, but this one in particular.

7. Schindlers List - I spent 5 years having a teacher that preached about this movie, and only after school had ended did I get the chance to see it. A masterpiece beyond words

8. Stardust - Oooh I did never expect this to be anything at all, had never heard of it, but my dad had brought it and asked if I wanted to come over to see it. What a bright little pearl of a movie that went very unnoticed around :)

9. Once Upon A Time In America - Need I say I really like Sergio Leone? Made some amazing movies, with interesting stories, good cinematography, and wonderful music. Suffice to say adding Robert DiNero to a movie only adds more to it :)

10. Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade - Fear not... The good Doctor Jones is welcome on my list too, and one of my childhood heroes still ^^

Runnerups:

Everything with Clint Eastwood pretty much

Casablanca

The rest of LOTR, Star Wars, Toy Story, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future series

The Dark Knight

Goodfellas

and tons more really

Edited by AlusCWM

This has not changed in a long time (in order):

The Empire Strikes Back

Return of the King

The Dark Knight

Aliens

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan

Pulp Fiction

The Thing

Goodfellas

The Shining

Only allowing myself my fav film from certain sagas/series otherwise the list woudl just be Wars and Trek really lol

A top 10 of films... Now thats actually quite a hard job being all honest...

Although the first ones are very very easy

1. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - The very best movie ever made in my eyes, and also has my favorite actor of all time Clint Eastwood.

2. Dances With Wolves - My granddad told me about it when I was around 12, a few weeks later he brought it for me, and ooh boy did it capture me, with the fantastic scenes, acting and story.

3. Toy Story 3 - Managing to get me to a cinema 4 times to rewatch a film, that's pretty well done, but manage to make me cry all 4 times, and subsequently make me cry the 5 times I've watched it on Blu-Ray... Kudos to Pixar, now that's something of an achievement. A very very touching end to a story I've grown up on.

4. Back To The Future - How can a list be complete without this masterpiece of a film, with all its laughs and witty ideas, and of course Christopher Lloyd as the fantastic Doc. Brown ^^ I want a friend like that :)

5. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith - Its very very hard to pick any Star Wars film over another for me, but what makes Episode III stand out for me is Anakins fall, the fantastic duel on Mustafar, and the hurt you can see in Obi-Wans eyes when Anakin lies besides the lava all broken.

6. Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King - The massive battle for the White City, what else can I say, apart from the fact all of the films are fantastic, but this one in particular.

7. Schindlers List - I spent 5 years having a teacher that preached about this movie, and only after school had ended did I get the chance to see it. A masterpiece beyond words

8. Stardust - Oooh I did never expect this to be anything at all, had never heard of it, but my dad had brought it and asked if I wanted to come over to see it. What a bright little pearl of a movie that went very unnoticed around :)

9. Once Upon A Time In America - Need I say I really like Sergio Leone? Made some amazing movies, with interesting stories, good cinematography, and wonderful music. Suffice to say adding Robert DiNero to a movie only adds more to it :)

10. Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade - Fear not... The good Doctor Jones is welcome on my list too, and one of my childhood heroes still ^^

Runnerups:

Everything with Clint Eastwood pretty much

Casablanca

The rest of LOTR, Star Wars, Toy Story, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future series

The Dark Knight

Goodfellas

and tons more really

a very diverse list lol, some absolute classics, some surprising choices, revenge of the sith? so many of that list come close to to getting in mine, like dances with wolves, back2 the future trilogy, schindlers list ect ect, so many more movies come close to mine also, Id be here all night naming them, some more t2, screamers, starship troopers, serendipity, cliffhanger, saving p ryan, predator, wrath of kahn, the mission, heat, clear and present danger, shawshank redemption, gladiator, i could go on all day, all night , from movies from the 50s to now lol my my top 10 oin the previous page stands, and 1 and 2 never change,

Edited by timelord81r

Never ?? I'm glad you know your own mind, but a film you loved when you were 10 or 11 staying number one for ever ???? Blimey ! In twenty years, you've never seen a better film ? Hmmm.

In no particular order :

1. Twelve Angry Men

2. Se7en

3. The Shawshank Redemption (yes really)

4. Midnight Run

5. LOTR Trilogy (3, 1, 2)

6. Alien

7. Full Metal Jacket

8. Misery

9. Leaving Las Vegas

10. X Men

Special mentions to The Next Three Days, Titanic, The Green Mile, Forrest Gump and The Truth About Cats and Dogs.

robinhood prince of thieves has been my fav and number 1 ever since i saw it back in 91. so 20 years nothing has topped it for me, I love it so much.

like wise, when forrest gump came out i loved it, still do, and since I saw it its been my number 2, my other films in my top 10 swap places, some drop out of top 10 and re enter later lol. but the top 2. nope, they have not changed since they claimed those spots.

if I was to put a bet on it, I cant see any film beating my love of prince of thieves ever. it has been and always will be my number 1 (I fully understand why others may hate it lol and what merits other films have to be better in a poll but i love it and nothing will ever top prince of thieves for me)

gump maybe one day in 20 years or so maybe might drop, there is always that chance, but will always be in the top 10.

Hmmm! - No particular order;

Nightmare Before Christmas

Blade Runner

Empire Strikes Back

Se7en

Terminator 2

Aliens

Star Wars

Shaun of the Dead

Dark City

Mad Max 2

But also change my mind a bit so IRon Giant, Team America, Predator, Matrix and Interview with the Vampire may make the list if my mood changes!

robinhood prince of thieves has been my fav and number 1 ever since i saw it back in 91. so 20 years nothing has topped it for me, I love it so much.

like wise, when forrest gump came out i loved it, still do, and since I saw it its been my number 2, my other films in my top 10 swap places, some drop out of top 10 and re enter later lol. but the top 2. nope, they have not changed since they claimed those spots.

if I was to put a bet on it, I cant see any film beating my love of prince of thieves ever. it has been and always will be my number 1 (I fully understand why others may hate it lol and what merits other films have to be better in a poll but i love it and nothing will ever top prince of thieves for me)

gump maybe one day in 20 years or so maybe might drop, there is always that chance, but will always be in the top 10.

I feel quite the same on that, my 2 top films never change... If people ask me, it's always The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and Dances With Wolves.

However the last 8 always shift a bit around, with some of them managing to stay on just shifting around depending on mood.

BTW: Prince of Thieves is an amazing movie... I can absolutely see where your coming from timelord ^^

• 3 weeks later...

I feel really late with this but here is my list:

The Silence of the Lambs

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Pan's Labyrinth

Shaun of the Dead

Serenity

The Truman Show

Snatch

The Prestige

A Clockwork Orange

Leon

Wow, that was officially the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Leaving off things like The Matrix, Sunshine, Zombieland, Terminator 2, Garden State, V for Vendetta, 500 Days of Summer (Shut up.) and Aliens actually hurt more than it should have done.

Edited by danisrocking

Mine change all the time but currently

1)Tucker and Dale vs Evil (Best film of this year - seriously!)

2)Near Dark

3)The Last Supper (I implore anyone who hasn't seen this to watch it - fantastic film!)

4)I'm a cyborg but that's okay

5)Akira

6)Nightmare on Elm Street (The proper one mind you)

7)Back to the future

8)Leaving Las Vegas

9)Tron

10)Rocky Horror Picture Show

everyone likes the same type of films here! :D

in no particular order;

1. Sucker Punch

2. Alice in Wonderland

3. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

4. Snatch

5. Tron Legacy

6. Chocolat

7. Girl, Interrupted

8. Fight Club

9. Black Swan

10. Devil Wears Prada

nice and eclectic :')

Mine are pretty much the same as they have always been, but I have to include a couple of series which is a bit of cheat:

1) When Harry Met Sally - always been No.1 know it script perfect! :wub:

2) Life Of Brian :pyth:

3) Star Wars IV: A New Hope :P

4) Singin In The Rain :D

5) Harry Potter series - love them all don't make me choose one! :geek:

6) Ghostbusters :angel:

7) The Goonies :dance:

8) The Princess Bride :king:

9) The Lost Boys ;)

10) Brokeback Mountain :wub:

Just missing out are LOTR trilogy, Monty Python & The Holy Grail, Stand By Me, The 'burbs, Labyrinth and Back to the Future

1. Bladerunner

2. Empire Stikes Back

3. Conan the Barbarian

4. Pitch Black

5.Tombstone

6. Quadrophenia

7. Untouchables

8. Dawn of the Dead

9.The Wrath of Khan

10. Planet of the Apes

And just bringing up the rear very closely is Rocky and Predator.

• 8 months later...

My top 10 favourite films are (in no specific order)

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Jaws

Star Wars

The Neverending Story

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

Home Alone

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

The Dark Knight

Poltergeist

Final Destination

TOP FILMS I DETEST :firedevil:

STAR WARS PREQUALS

PEARL HARBOUR

DIE HARD 2

ANY NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET SEQUALS AFTER THE FIRST ONE

SUPERMAN RETURNS

ANYTHING MADE BY THE PEOPLE WHO DID EPIC MOVIE, MEET THE SPARTANS.....

BASIC INSTINCT

STEVEN SEAGAL MOVIES

EXORCIST 2

JAWS 3 AND 4

ROBOCOP 3

XANADU (BUT I LOVE E.L.Os MUSIC :thumbup: )

TERMINATOR SALVATION

CLASH OF THE TITANS(NEW ONE)

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE (ITS A CRIME ON HUMANITY THAT IT WAS EVEN MADE )

Nightmare On Elm Street 3 was as good as, if not better than the first.

1. The Craft

2. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope :vader:

3. Jurassic Park

4. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back :yoda:

5. Twilight

6. Spider-Man :spidy:

7. American Pie

8. Star Wars Epidsode III: Revenge of the Sith :vader:

9. Scream

I think :P

Hey, nice to see The Craft on your list!

Edited by vienna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...