General travel advice

Having just attended a convention, I enjoyed it immensely and am considering travelling to this one.

I would be coming from Edinburgh and was wondering which airport is the nearest to Earl's Court please? Also does anyone know what hotels are nearby, Travelinn, Ibis etc and are they within walking distance of the convention?

Hope someone can help with this please.

according to the tube map which SM posted on the LFaCC website, LFACCtubemap.jpg the nearest airport is Heathrow terminal 4

maybe the tube map doesn't do local airports?!

nicked that image from some one else and although the event is at EARL'S COURT, the stop recommended by SM is WEST BROMPTON ! ****

just text a friend coming from Dundee/Edinburgh and she is flying into Heathrow as well so that's the advice I would give B)

just done a google search and there is an Ibis near Earl's Court, a few friends are staying there :rolleyes:

if you don't wish to pay that much if you are coming on your own then how about looking for a B&B? there are quite a few in the area!

****lastly, according to the LFaCC website, Earl's Court 2 where the event will be is NOT nearest to the Earl's Court tube station: the best one is acutally WEST BROMPTON ! be worth keeping this is mind when looking for accomodation :D

hope this helps!

sarah oneill

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is a general thread... I need some advice for CM8. My boyfriend and I are going to London for a couple of days right before CM8. So, we need to get to MK from London. Can anyone offer some advice about how to get there? I'd prefer a cheap way, cause we're on a bit of a tight budget, but any help would be appreciated. I tried to check train fares, are they really that expensive in the UK? I couldn't find any singles under 30 pounds!