Buses, trains (no not automobiles!)

Wondering if anyone can help me on two fronts?

Firstly I'm going to be arrive at MK by train and I just checked the train timetable help that's given on this website and it comes up with Milton Keynes Bus and Milton Keynes Central - which one am I aiming for?

And secondly, my friend is coming from Cambridge by bus, we plan to meet - but we don't know where's best. Is the bus station near the train station at all (so we can share a cab for safety) or is it better to meet at a designated area (say the entrance to John Lewis)?

Thank you for any help in advance!

you want MK Central, here's a pic to help you B) (from the CM website)

stadiummap.jpg

1-shopping centre

2-The Stadium

3- ?

4-train station

not sure where you're staying but I can tell you:

Travel Inn - by the "S" of Milon Keynes

Travel Lodge - just above the Stadium

Holiday Inn - diagonally below the "LT" of Milton Keynes

hope this helps :D

surfy sah xx

ps - it might be best to meet at the centre, the train station is not near the bus nor coach station as far as I am aware (I've got the train to MK a good few times now :wub:) you would want to ask for a taxi to the JOHN LEWIS end of the shopping centre, it's about £4 from the staion :(

Oh thanks for all that info - to be honest the map had been playing merry hell with me (hehe!)

Unfortunately am only coming for the one day *boo* so no need for hotel! I will definitely remember the tip about asking the taxi driver for John Lewis though - thanks!

Now to break the bad news to my friend that we have to try and find each other in a shopping centre!! ARGHHH!!!! :lol:

The bus station is directly opposite the train station. They literally face each other.

The 3 on the map represents the theatre.

It depends which bus station. There's a bus station Milton Keynes Central and one Milton Keynes Coachway. The coachway one is pretty much outside of MK.

Ooh well panic over, they're coming via another route now ..... so we'll end up arriving at the train station together (phew, nothing worse than missing the person you're meant to be meeting!!)

The bus station is directly opposite the train station. They literally face each other.

I know there are buses that go to the train station and there's a few stands for them but I didn't think it was an actual bus station :unsure: I've never noticed anyways! was in MK over the weekend and couldn't stop it at all :D

ah right the theatre, cheers!

surfy sah xx

I know there are buses that go to the train station and there's a few stands for them but I didn't think it was an actual bus station :blink: I've never noticed anyways! was in MK over the weekend and couldn't stop it at all :uhoh:

ah right the theatre, cheers!

surfy sah xx

you wouldn't know it was a bus station unless someone tells you! Its the big sliver building straight across the road from the train station, its also where Chicagos used to be! Its mainly used fot the kids and their skateboards really!

Edited by tiggerbabe

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've finally managed to work out the map (how long has that taken!!!) and found that my friend is coming into the Central coach station, so we can meet each other there, share a taxi (safety in numbers!!!) So that's John Lewis end of the shopping centre I have to ask for? Shouldnt be too difficult :rolleyes:

I'm getting a taxi from Coachway to Middleton Hall, I recommend you do that, as the free bus doesn't run until midday on Sunday, I think. What time are you getting into coachway and where are you coming from? I'm coming from Birmingham and am getting into coachway at 9.40am.

Then your best bet is to get a taxi. I've been told there are usually some around the coachway, or there are numbers in the cafe. Just ask to be taken to Middleton Hall, the centre MK. That's what I'm doing, the taxi driver should know where it is from there.

3 on the map is the Easy Cinema, is that what they're using now?

The theatre is in the other direction.

Edited by Jog