Welcome To the Crewing Area

showmasters

• 3 months later...

I am crewing at Manchester Film and Comic Con for the first time this weekend, I've got comfy shoes at the ready, but have a question, sorry if it sounds a bit daft

Am I okay to have a small bag with me while I'm doing whatever I'm doing? One of those fanny packs or something along those lines? Got a couple of things I'd like to have on me at all times.

I am crewing at Manchester Film and Comic Con for the first time this weekend, I've got comfy shoes at the ready, but have a question, sorry if it sounds a bit daft

Am I okay to have a small bag with me while I'm doing whatever I'm doing? One of those fanny packs or something along those lines? Got a couple of things I'd like to have on me at all times.

I admit I haven't read the crew handbook in a while, but I am pretty sure that is in there. ;)

Unless I missed a pretty major change: No, that's not allowed, sorry. There is a bag room for the crew to use which is not accesible to the public.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Are you allowed to change your top when getting a photoshoot? To a non showmasters one

As long as you can do it fast then absolutely. I have only had about 2 photoshoots still in my crew shirt the entire time I've been crewing (just over 6 years now). I usually wear something under my crew shirt (long sleeved top at colder venues, vest top at LFCC!) so I can either just wear that or it makes it easy for a 'change as I walk' otherwise.

Are you allowed to change your top when getting a photoshoot? To a non showmasters one

As long as you can do it fast then absolutely. I have only had about 2 photoshoots still in my crew shirt the entire time I've been crewing (just over 6 years now). I usually wear something under my crew shirt (long sleeved top at colder venues, vest top at LFCC!) so I can either just wear that or it makes it easy for a 'change as I walk' otherwise.

Cool thanks for the reply!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

How do you update your autograph/Photoshoot options? With Matthew cancelling I need to add Jamie's autograph instead. Do I re-reply to the survey we got?

Thanks

Yep, just click through and change the options on the last page (all your previous responses should still be there)

How do you update your autograph/Photoshoot options? With Matthew cancelling I need to add Jamie's autograph instead. Do I re-reply to the survey we got?

Thanks

Yep, just click through and change the options on the last page (all your previous responses should still be there)

Awesome, thanks again etmuse! 👍🏻

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a few questions on the Helper application and the benefits. I would appreciate your time, answering these questions.

• Are the virtual queues both for photograph and autograph or just autograph only?
  • Once the shift finishes, can I still wander around the show on the day(s) I chose?
  • If I volunteer on the day I chose and can't get a entry to photograph queue without a virtual queue ticket, what happens if the photograph session I want to go clashes with the shift?
  • Can you give me more details on the entries to virtual queues?
  • Is there a break, where I go and get the autographs, during the shift, and how long is it?
  • In a break, what is it enough for how many autographs and/or photographs? Is it for the entries to the virtual queues?

21 minutes ago, lesleynile said:

Hi, is it too late to apply to crew lfcc? I know we can be a helper but just wondering about crewing. Crewed lots of events 

The confirmations have already gone out. You can still e-mail in and check, but it's probably too late.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, riderj123 said:

I have a few questions on the Helper application and the benefits. I would appreciate your time, answering these questions.

• Are the virtual queues both for photograph and autograph or just autograph only?
  • Once the shift finishes, can I still wander around the show on the day(s) I chose?
  • If I volunteer on the day I chose and can't get a entry to photograph queue without a virtual queue ticket, what happens if the photograph session I want to go clashes with the shift?
  • Can you give me more details on the entries to virtual queues?
  • Is there a break, where I go and get the autographs, during the shift, and how long is it?
  • In a break, what is it enough for how many autographs and/or photographs? Is it for the entries to the virtual queues?

As stated in the other topic you created, please e-mail in too.

One thing I can correct: you do not need virtual queue tickets for photographs. You do need tickets though.

• 2 weeks later...